Glaude

ClickPix.org - Sharing images on the forum

BadPickle
56 minutes ago, Glaude said:

imgbb use the exact same software than clickpix, not a drop of difference, so if we have this issue, they have it too ... 

Same as pic.me too? 

Glaude
3 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Same as pic.me too? 

Yep exact same one, although ClickPix and probably imgbb use a more recent version.

Issue is at least on RWI, imgbb is not allowing a lot of traffic towards RWI anymore

• Like 1

BadPickle

:sconehead:

Psssniper

This may all turn out to be operator error 

In other words I am as dumb as I look

aTvD.md.jpg

Steve53

So I am trying to post a review of an IWC watch that just arrived.

When uploading a photo to clicpix.org  I get the messages: "Some files couldn't be added"  and  "File is too big".

Ideas how to get around this?

Yes, I am a dumb scull when it comes to computers :D

Glaude

File is too big is pretty self explanatory, but if you have an account, you'll have a bigger allowed size.

Try renaming some of the files that aren't uploaded to see if that work

• Like 1

Steve53
43 minutes ago, Glaude said:

File is too big is pretty self explanatory, 

Self  explanatory?  To me it means nothing. How can the file size be reduced?

43 minutes ago, Glaude said:

The_Proctometrist
11 hours ago, Glaude said:

File is too big is pretty self explanatory, but if you have an account, you'll have a bigger allowed size.

10 hours ago, Steve53 said:

Self  explanatory?  To me it means nothing. How can the file size be reduced?

how can what monsieur le juge said be confusing to you?  it's as simple as simple can be...

3zB25.gif

Verity

He's got it right finally - he's posted a test picture of his beautiful new IWC on the  Testing Forum. 

I had  some issues myself but I think I have posted my recent purchase from Mary successfully too.

Cheers,

Verity

The_Proctometrist

nice, so problem solved, one less thing...

mrichbell

hi after uploading some images using clixpix they seem too big once on screen....what is the best method to reduce the size of these

Glaude
3 hours ago, mrichbell said:

hi after uploading some images using clixpix they seem too big once on screen....what is the best method to reduce the size of these

The forum will take care of resizing them to fit the window once it's posted so no issue there, but if you want to control the size yourself, you'll have to resize them yourself before uploading

• Like 1

BravoDelta
On 18/09/2019 at 22:58, Psssniper said:

Sorry for those huge pics in the last post

So I deleted all the pics on clickpix, uploaded the same pics plus another one and the upload confirmation showed them normally but the pic itself is rotated in the album on clickpix, here they are.

Ucm4.th.png UJgj.th.jpg Ux41.th.jpg Ubyv.th.jpg

This started happening to me. This picture is rotated 90 deg in my album. Now all new uploads show rotated in my album. Testing it here...

mV73I.jpg

Yep. Clickpix is rotating my pictures

Edited by BravoDelta

GingerApple
13 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

This started happening to me. This picture is rotated 90 deg in my album. Now all new uploads show rotated in my album. Testing it here...

mV73I.jpg

Yep. Clickpix is rotating my pictures

It does that to me 80% of the time when I upload a photo from my iPhone.  However if I let that same image appear in my photo album on my iPad via cloud sync, then upload the image from my iPad, it's correctly rotated 100% of the time.

BravoDelta
9 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

It does that to me 80% of the time when I upload a photo from my iPhone.  However if I let that same image appear in my photo album on my iPad via cloud sync, then upload the image from my iPad, it's correctly rotated 100% of the time.

Clickpix just started doing it after I got 175 pictures on the account. Then I started uploading to my ibb account that has very few pictures on it and the same ones load correctly. 

Glaude

As mentioned before about this issue, it's mostly due to the way your mobile device automatically rotate your picture to show it in the correct orientation, despite the "real" picture being rotated.

We don't keep EXIF on clickpix, if you choose to keep them in your profile, your picture should be uploaded and showing correctly.

There's a bug in the software running clickpix that have been corrected very recently and we are in the process of updating it, this should resolve any rotating issue even without EXIF kept.

The EXIF are kept by default on ibb that's why it's working correctly over there

• Like 1

GingerApple
27 minutes ago, Glaude said:

There's a bug in the software running clickpix that have been corrected very recently and we are in the process of updating it, this should resolve any rotating issue even without EXIF kept.

Excellent!

BravoDelta
35 minutes ago, Glaude said:

we are in the process of updating it

Very good news. Thanks. 

Glaude

Update :

We just finished the updating process of Clickpix.org !

In addition to multiple security fix for potential vulnerabilities, an annoying bug has been fixed regarding the orientation of pictures uploaded from a phone. Whether you've chosen to keep the EXIF data or not, the system should correct the orientation of the pictures according to those EXIF before completely removing them, this should fix any bug, so please feel free to test this and report back.

You can now also upload .webp images to clickpix

• Like 1

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Update :

In addition to multiple security fix for potential vulnerabilities, an annoying bug has been fixed regarding the orientation of pictures uploaded from a phone. Whether you've chosen to keep the EXIF data or not, the system should correct the orientation of the pictures according to those EXIF before completely removing them, this should fix any bug, so please feel free to test this and report back.

Awesome mate!!!! 

Now let me go break the system....

SCShrek
13 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Update :

Oh,  that is good news on the rotation! Thanks G!

BravoDelta

Thanks for that @Glaude

Glaude
58 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Awesome mate!!!! 

Now let me go break the system....

I sure hope you'll be testing this, I've never encountered the issue myself, so I need someone to test it

• Like 1

GingerApple
14 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I sure hope you'll be testing this, I've never encountered the issue myself, so I need someone to test it

No time like the present. Hang on.....

GingerApple

oEuF3.jpg

So far so good. But then again, it worked 50% of the time before. I'll let you know if it goes wrong. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1