thejudge

IWC Portuguese 3714 Movements

thejudge

I am looking to buy a Portuguese 3714 rep, but not sure which rep to go for?

ZF offer a basic model with improved A7750 movement. Then there a slightly pricier model with Asian Clone A79350 movement claiming to  be more reliable than the A7750 with seconds at 6:00.

Finally there's the pricier 150 model which has the A7750 movement same as the cheaper model.

Is the A79350 model really more reliable than the A7750 in the 3714 or is this just compared to an older unimproved model of A7750?

I just would like to know which one is most reliable?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but if this the case can you direct me to the page it would be most helpful.

Thanks 

GenTLe

If you speak about the 40mm chronograph, there are only 2 Factory versions to get, one being ZF with "slim movement" and the other being the YLF (same movement as the ZF).

The others are too thick. The ZF and YLF (if these last one are still around) are around 12.3/12.5mm. The old ones are at least 14mm

They are ALL based on 7750 (also the thicker ones). The "new slim movement by ZF" is the same thing as the A79350:  simply a well modified 7750 that instead to have transfer gears on top of the movement (making it thicker) has it done the same way IWC did (genuine IWC is also based on 7750, ETA ones, not asian of course).

Glaude

You can check that link

Author is dumbass but the review seems to be quite good ;)