Gangan

New Alpinist

Gangan

Guess many will already have heard the more than Rumour, Seiko are to bring out a new Alpinist in 2020!  Three dial colours, green, white, and black, 6R35 movement, display back, and one of them on a steel strap.  As for my SARB017, it is enjoying a holiday with me.

9rHW.jpg

cvp3

These Alpinist have never done anything for me, however I've never seen one in person. Frankly, Del's photography has made me fall in love with some watches I thought were pretty shitty overall. Maybe this one just needs Del's pixy dust sprinkled on it. @Del

Del
2 hours ago, cvp3 said:

These Alpinist have never done anything for me, however I've never seen one in person. Frankly, Del's photography has made me fall in love with some watches I thought were pretty shitty overall. Maybe this one just needs Del's pixy dust sprinkled on it. @Del

:lol:

n18lld
2 hours ago, cvp3 said:

You mean that filthy piece of footwear doesn’t do it for you?

WTF is stuck to it?

cvp3

I've seen worse.

fe63f249b0fb317f4f74e5faf500392d.jpg

funny-selfie-background-reflection-fails

• Like 1

Watch_Fox
8 hours ago, cvp3 said:

These Alpinist have never done anything for me, however I've never seen one in person.

You sound like me a year ago until I did get to see one in real life.  It wasn't enough to make me buy one at current prices, but it did change my mind and now I think it looks very nice.  The green has a three-dimensional quality and the gold numbers and hands give it a little splash of luxury.

GingerApple

Oh my Christ, my eyes!!!!

Tip - If you're trying to show off a watch, don't photograph it next to dead foot skin crud. :vomit:

• Like 1

cvp3

Gangbang, we deserve a better pic

• Like 1

Gangan
7 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Oh my Christ, my eyes!!!!

Tip - If you're trying to show off a watch, don't photograph it next to dead foot skin crud. :vomit:

6 hours ago, cvp3 said:

Gangbang, we deserve a better pic

Sorry about that.  I'd yust walked down from our balcony though our garden to the pool and had put the watch on my battered old pool flip-flops to keep it off the hot tiles.  The watch is my usual daily goto and has never let me down.  When I looked at it on the shoe on the floor, it seemed to illustrate what the watch was designed to be, a deceptively tough two hundred metre rated shock protected little explorer.  I have taken pristine jewellery shots in the past but this one seemed to capture some of it's character.    

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Gangan said:

Sorry about that.  I'd yust walked down from our balcony though our garden to the pool and had put the watch on my battered old pool flip-flops to keep it off the hot tiles.  The watch is my usual daily goto and has never let me down.  When I looked at it on the shoe on the floor, it seemed to illustrate what the watch was designed to be, a deceptively tough two hundred metre rated shock protected little explorer.  I have taken pristine jewellery shots in the past but this one seemed to capture some of it's character.    

We're a bunch of Neanderthals; we'd never understand an artistic concept like that. And don't apologise! Do what any great artist would do - collect enough foot crud to make a life size flip flop out of the cheese and lay the watch on that! Hammer home your message. Remember, Rembrandt and Vermeer died unappreciated and penniless.

• Like 1

Gangan
1 hour ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

We're a bunch of Neanderthals; we'd never understand an artistic concept like that. And don't apologise! Do what any great artist would do - collect enough foot crud to make a life size flip flop out of the cheese and lay the watch on that! Hammer home your message. Remember, Rembrandt and Vermeer died unappreciated and penniless.

Yeh you got me!

cvp3

I can't take this any longer............

GREEN

SeikoSARB0172L.jpg

BLUE Limited Edition

maxresdefault.jpg

VINTAGE, which I actually like better. 

Screen_Shot_2018-02-03_at_15.16.08_large

Seiko_Red_Alpinist_dial_variations_large

The_Proctometrist

the green one is brilliant and the movement is quite decent. I love Seiko and have many however at CDN $670, I'm going to pass and get the NOOB Daytona. 

Screen-Shot-2019-09-22-at-9-35-28-AM.jpg

NCRich
1 hour ago, ballandbiscuit said:

the green one is brilliant and the movement is quite decent. I love Seiko and have many however at CDN $670, I'm going to pass and get the NOOB Daytona. 

Screen-Shot-2019-09-22-at-9-35-28-AM.jpg

That's only $100 in real money.

cvp3

There we some refurbs available on ebay last week for $299. With some rebates could've netted them down to $264. 

The_Proctometrist
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

That's only $100 in real money.

so true unfortunately for canadians. but may emergency appendectomy july 1st was free as was my mri last week. and despite what you are hearing in news wait times aren't long. i can see my doctor every day if i want and it costs zip....

cvp3
30 minutes ago, ballandbiscuit said:

so true unfortunately for canadians. but may emergency appendectomy july 1st was free as was my mri last week. and despite what you are hearing in news wait times aren't long. i can see my doctor every day if i want and it costs zip....

Because you've been raping us for years on Maple Syrup and secretly crossing our borders to steal our superior technology. The President has told me this so it is so.

The_Proctometrist
54 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

Because you've been raping us for years on Maple Syrup and secretly crossing our borders to steal our superior technology. The President has told me this so it is so.

it's true and we want your cheese. they call us cheese-heads in washington state on account of all the cheese we  buy ...

NCRich
On 22/09/2019 at 16:05, ballandbiscuit said:

But watches are expensive, so what is the point in health?

The_Proctometrist
1 minute ago, NCRich said:

But watches are expensive, so what is the point in health?

depressingly true and it rains all the time in the pacific northwest.....

Bash64

Sometimes are lowly Canadian dollar helps us out. My local AD has two new Tudor bronze in stock and they are selling for about $1000 less than the current prices online.

By the way, I love the green alpinist and would have bought one long ago if it was more like 42mm instead of 39

BravoDelta

Thread resurrection 

mket1.th.jpg

I saw this video and really like the watch. Anyone have the Alpinist Sarb017 or thoughts on the other Seiko Sarb's? 

Intresting

Sarb 033 and 035 are known as baby Seiko Grands and can hold their own against a DJ.   Classic looks.   Price almost doubled when they stopped production of it several years ago.  These are Japan Domestic Market only models.

BravoDelta
16 minutes ago, Intresting said:

These are Japan Domestic Market only models.

I noticed quite a few of these on ebay were located in Japan.  Are these being rereleased as shown above? Dont think I'd buy one new but used their $3-400. 

Intresting
9 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

I noticed quite a few of these on ebay were located in Japan.  Are these being rereleased as shown above? Dont think I'd buy one new but used their $3-400. 

Not that I know off.  I think Seiko trying to move upmarket, with the Presage and Cocktail time.   Those have really nice dials.   @NCRich  snowflake is stunning, and the spring drive has technology like the lastest Supra.