zodiacspeaking

Customs Australia

zodiacspeaking

Hi, 

I'm interested in buying my first rep, so I'm trying to find out what customs are like in Australia, will they seize a replica or are they pretty good? I'm in WA if that makes any difference? 

Thanks. 

ShovelnTC

I've brought in a dozen or two over the last 5 or 6 years and never had any opened or stopped.

RussP
10 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

I've brought in a dozen or two over the last 5 or 6 years and never had any opened or stopped.

+1.

Been buying without any problems.

Brisbane based though.

Chixisigma

I too have an unblemished record of success.

Lazy daft Aussies...

ShovelnTC
1 hour ago, Chixisigma said:

I too have an unblemished record of success.

Lazy daft Aussies...

Not necessarily but they are more interested in weapons, drugs and fauna.

I was working in the Brisbane facility once and the customs guys were pretty thorough checking for drugs and dangerous flora & fauna such as seeds and other things that carry disease but didn't show much interest in other stuff.

I just don't think they care too much about a couple of "fake" watches but I'm sure if it were a container full then they may have something to say about it.

CurioLeo

And another Aussie to the list with nil customs issues

GulfGT40

I'm in WA and they arrive weekly with no worries so far

The_Proctometrist

don't ever walk off your flight with the fruit they served you, it will cost you 3 hours of your life you will never get back...

brang1
1 hour ago, zodiacspeaking said:

Hi, 

I'm interested in buying my first rep, so I'm trying to find out what customs are like in Australia, will they seize a replica or are they pretty good? I'm in WA if that makes any difference? 

Thanks. 

Just get it posted to me first, i will then pass it on...promise

zodiacspeaking
1 hour ago, brang1 said:

Just get it posted to me first, i will then pass it on...promise

Mmm, why does this not sound very genuine? 

Thanks for your answers, appreciate it :)

GingerApple
2 hours ago, Chixisigma said:

Lazy daft Aussies...

Finally we agree on something!

CurioLeo
9 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Hey, who are you calling lazy GB ? You haven't even bothered to change your username in the last 3 or 4 months :rofl:

GingerApple
2 hours ago, ballandbiscuit said:

don't ever walk off your flight with the fruit they served you, it will cost you 3 hours of your life you will never get back...

Please tell me you know this from experience.

26 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Hey, who are you calling lazy GB ? You haven't even bothered to change your username in the last 3 or 4 months :rofl:

:finger:

GulfGT40
3 hours ago, ballandbiscuit said:

They love the bio-security, even between states. In my younger years backpacking through the WA/ SA border they went to town searching my van. All up the attendant found a bag of weed and a bag of frozen peas. He smiled, gave me back my pot and confiscated the peas. Fuck I had the munchies I really wanted those peas, lol.

The_Proctometrist
4 hours ago, GulfGT40 said:

They love the bio-security, even between states. In my younger years backpacking through the WA/ SA border they went to town searching my van. All up the attendant found a bag of weed and a bag of frozen peas. He smiled, gave me back my pot and confiscated the peas. Fuck I had the munchies I really wanted those peas, lol.

that's right! they confiscated our apples and oranges and took the tomatoes out of my sandwich....

The_Proctometrist
8 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Please tell me you know this from experience.

on my  quantas flight from los angeles to sydney, i made the poor decision to take the apple from my meal which lead to an unfortunate series of events in the secondary search area. fortunately for me i was a contracted behaviour analyst for the AFP  at the time, they called and i was out....stupid aussi apples

Chixisigma
17 hours ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Just over here running interference for the mother land #TheAustralians

mojorising2

This is exactly the thread I was about to start before I did a quick google site search for Customs Australia. Thank you Zodiac.

On 24/09/2019 at 17:52, RussP said:

+1.

Been buying without any problems.

Brisbane based though. 

I am on Gold Coast.

Did you get that replica gold Rolex in your avatar by post Russ?

ZTWC9S.jpg

If so could you share any details on its supplier and cost etc.?

RussP
6 hours ago, mojorising2 said:

This is exactly the thread I was about to start before I did a quick google site search for Customs Australia. Thank you Zodiac.

I am on Gold Coast.

Did you get that replica gold Rolex in your avatar by post Russ?

ZTWC9S.jpg

If so could you share any details on its supplier and cost etc.?

Hi

I purchased this watch approx 4 years ago via Chrono 24.

It is a genuine 1960 Rolex 1625 Thunderbird.

I'm not aware of any replicas of this vintage.

Regards

k3rm87

G'day Everyone 

Reviving an old thread here but have recently found myself in the position where I need some assistance from the rest of the forum. 

Parcel stuck in customs here for at least a month, they have given a ref number to call regarding this. No letter - nothing. Just a ref number provided by Australia Post to phone. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Cheers 

Edited by k3rm87
d

brang1

could be any number of things- was it from Europe? Value? Kilo of powdery substance attached? just have to call and see or it may never get on its way. A friend had a package that got torn open and they contacted him this way - such a pain in the ass mate - the wait is always horrendous but this makes it even more so -They may have assessed it as being much higher value than that declared 

Bmtt

I'm in WA too have received dozens from China, US and Europe and never had any issues. 

Did they give you a reason why its held? 

1 hour ago, k3rm87 said:

G'day Everyone 

Reviving an old thread here but have recently found myself in the position where I need some assistance from the rest of the forum. 

Parcel stuck in customs here for at least a month, they have given a ref number to call regarding this. No letter - nothing. Just a ref number provided by Australia Post to phone. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Cheers 

k3rm87
41 minutes ago, brang1 said:

could be any number of things- was it from Europe? Value? Kilo of powdery substance attached? just have to call and see or it may never get on its way. A friend had a package that got torn open and they contacted him this way - such a pain in the ass mate - the wait is always horrendous but this makes it even more so -They may have assessed it as being much higher value than that declared 

Thanks mate, it's a couple of goodies from a TD, from CN. I think you're right in regard to asessment of declared value mate.  TD has put a very low $ on it. 

40 minutes ago, Bmtt said:

I'm in WA too have received dozens from China, US and Europe and never had any issues. 

Did they give you a reason why its held? 

Haven't phoned yet mate, seeing what's the best course of action. I've had heaps come through no issue also. 

Hmm

Edited by k3rm87
added

brang1

@k3rm87 i don't know about you, but i just never order more than one watch, even if it foregoes any extra discount- one watch never seems to raise any suspicion

Intresting

which state are you in?