Howitzer

Noob Daytona on the 'Bay

Lagger

Plus £3.48 postage.....

tonyh7

I'm not an expert on Tonas but the listing has more than a whiff of bs. A 2017 Daytona bought as 'an investment', but without warranty, box or papers? These lost apparently to an ex wife?

Mike R

“but the time has come to sell some of my pieces to fund a new project”

IDK , But he did use this phrase which is a very commonly used on the rep forums.

Sometimes it’s not what they say but how they say it. 

If that’s real I’m going to buy me a noob cause they sure do look a lot alike :huh:

Smokey

''but does come in a travel case as pictured.''  (not pictured!) :Whistle:

Howitzer

Aaaaand it's gone. 

pbwatch

Yep. I’m an eBay advisor from time to time and have seen 8 reps over the last few days which have been removed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LarsonLarsen

What does that mean to be an "eBay advisor" exactly?

Howitzer
10 hours ago, LarsonLarsen said:

What does that mean to be an "eBay advisor" exactly?

+1

pbwatch

I’ve been a gen watch dealer for many years and eBay have a few sellers they ask advice from. A pal of mine looks at Omegas and I get asked about Rolex and IwC. If I report a watch it usually gets removed pretty quickly.

The_Proctometrist

crap i was going to buy it.....

dnarevolutions
7 hours ago, pbwatch said:

I’ve been a gen watch dealer for many years and eBay have a few sellers they ask advice from. A pal of mine looks at Omegas and I get asked about Rolex and IwC. If I report a watch it usually gets removed pretty quickly.

Do you get anything else extra on the side or is it just something you do as a courtesy? Also, is it a bot that flags potential things for you to look at or does someone give you posts? Figured it'd be pretty difficult without this being automated.

pbwatch

I get incentives for doing this on fees.

I get an automated message with a link I’m guessing when reports come in on an item. Doesn’t happen that often these days though as I’m not as active on eBay anymore.

Griffo
1 hour ago, pbwatch said:

I get incentives for doing this on fees.

I get an automated message with a link I’m guessing when reports come in on an item. Doesn’t happen that often these days though as I’m not as active on eBay anymore.

That’s cool. Any particular models you find you struggle to identify rep vs gen? I guess a lot of it comes down to the quality of photos on the listing? (And BS like not having the box etc)

LarsonLarsen

Very interesting. I had no idea Ebay farms out that type of stuff to random people like that. Makes me trust them even less than I already do.

pbwatch
Very interesting. I had no idea Ebay farms out that type of stuff to random people like that. Makes me trust them even less than I already do.

They are not random buddy.

That’s cool. Any particular models you find you struggle to identify rep vs gen? I guess a lot of it comes down to the quality of photos on the listing? (And BS like not having the box etc)

I can spot all the reps that appear on eBay as they are not usually the highest grade!

Gone I believe.