s4ffy1

Guangzhou Day 1 Haul

Ahew9391
4 hours ago, Golfer130i said:

Still gotta get through customs though :handjob:

Unless you go through articles to declare, no customs officer will stop you for having a few watches.

If he had 500 watches in 50 cases then that’s different.

Sorry buddy but you’re the wanker.

Get out and live a little. 

If you’re really brave you can bring back more than 200 cigarettes too lol

mysterio

Also as long as you don't bring back multiples of the same watch (which would make you look like a seller) and remove the tags/plastic, you'll be fine. But go through the "Nothing to declare" gate always. Find the most bored customs officers with the "I want to go home and sleep" look and approach them with the "I'm tired from the flight, please don't hassle me." look. Pretty nice stash but you didn't find any PAMs worth buying? :lol: 

FudgyDocker

35 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Pretty nice stash but you didn't find any PAMs worth buying? :lol: 

Hey, it's only day 1 :)

NFleischer

WOW! Quite the catch, congrats on a bunch of nice watches.

Edited by NFleischer

Rx4Time

Why not mail some to yourself at home to reduce the number you have on yourself? 

Mike R

Nice group of watches!

Do you have money left for day two of shopping ?, lol

@s4ffy1 are you going to let us in on the prices for those beauty’s 

even average cost will satisfy my  curiosity.   

NCRich

Only forum in the world where they ask you what you paid for something and don't think it rude.  :rofl:

Jasonbaylee

Great haul! Avoid paying taxes.

Snazir6

Morning guys

- prices - I got good deals I'm not going to post individual prices for reason that vast majority of you will never come to guangzhou so will be of no benefit to you ever. For anybody who does ever come I can share details for people I saw ( I did have a chinese speaking person with me and that helped a lot)
- as for customs- I took 7 home last year so dont worry guys it's my worry not yours. It's not like I am smuggling drugs they are only watches wtf.

I did see some nice Pam's like pictured below and there was few others but i dont think I need so many for personal use.

0b0c59cf7b3b20212fe7d5d8fb5951ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

AP I saw but didnt get61c52ab7389e21af59de926f61266fd4.jpg

Daytona saw but didnt gete4a7dd03a19db0c77296a480854e7d81.jpg

Snazir6

Another ap didnt get087d77b7a5eea0e0d0585e35944e2e2d.jpg

Jasonbaylee

Nice one

Do u sent all in a package or u them split up ?
How u got to know this chinese “tour guide”?
Thx for sharing.

Snazir6

I'll wear 2 ( one each arm) rest I'll split between hand and hold luggage
Their only watches not drugs lol cheap gifts for family and friends :)

Chinese speaker is person who we come to see for the goods we import

Snazir6
To be fair most Customs Officials wont know what an AP & Jaeger are.
I am off to Hong Kong in couple of weeks any tips on buying reps there or is it Gate quality? 

HK is crap even the shopping centre in shenzhen is crap. I would not bother with them you will be hit and miss with a lot more miss and you will gate prices for gate quality at best.

Golfer130i
15 hours ago, Golfer130i said:

Still gotta get through customs though :handjob:

Looks like I need to apologise and use my reading glasses when posting. I thought the emoji that I used was of somebody scratching his chin :wallbash:

BadApple
7 minutes ago, Golfer130i said:

Looks like I need to apologise and use my reading glasses when posting. I thought the emoji that I used was of somebody scratching his chin :wallbash:

:Thinking: really?

StJin
3 hours ago, Snazir6 said:

I'm not going to post individual prices for reason that vast majority of you will never come to guangzhou  so will be of no benefit to you ever

Well, I dunno about the rest of you, but it WOULD be of immense benefit to me to have a benchmark of prices available locally versus what the TD's are getting from us internationally. It's always advantageous to know the price points up and down the supply chain. :clouseau:

Was in China last year, but Bejing/Shanghai. Next trip will definitely be south to the HK/Guangzhou area.

Golfer130i
4 minutes ago, Badapple said:

:Thinking: really?

That’s the one :D

Griffo
34 minutes ago, StJin said:

Well, I dunno about the rest of you, but it WOULD be of immense benefit to me to have a benchmark of prices available locally versus what the TD's are getting from us internationally. It's always advantageous to know the price points up and down the supply chain. :clouseau:

Was in China last year, but Bejing/Shanghai. Next trip will definitely be south to the HK/Guangzhou area.

This. Why doesn’t anyone ever say what they paid for them? We know the TDs are adding a lot on anyway.

Pseudorep
42 minutes ago, Griffo said:

This. Why doesn’t anyone ever say what they paid for them? We know the TDs are adding a lot on anyway.

There’s generally 3 reasons:

They are full of shit.

They paid the same/more than a TD and don’t want to look like a chump.

Or they paid less and want to profiteer. 

This is far far from the first time, and certainly won’t be the last time. Every time it’s the same story... can’t/won’t give a price but paid less than a TD. 

The way I see it, it would cost me far more to fly out to China and buy in person, and it’s a lot of invested time to find the good quality ones, not to mention the obvious risks of moving counterfeit goods internationally. End of the day, TDs might add on 20-50% but that’s their service fee/danger money. 

Snazir6

Look how many watches I have sold on here?

Look at post I did here last year- I visit Guangzhou every year, and you are right no value flying over here but if here for business then it's worth a visit no ?

Eadesy

I’m just interested in the prices that’s all, it wouldn’t change my purchasing habits.

I’m happy for the TD’s to take their cut and the risk that goes with it! 

VMSG
I’m just interested in the prices that’s all, it wouldn’t change my purchasing habits.
I’m happy for the TD’s to take their cut and the risk that goes with it! 
+1

deju

My friend is in the same position, several times a year in China meeting with factories. Also has an interpreter/Chinese business agent and also gets watches. 

I can’t tell you what he pays either :lol:

what the fuck does it matter what someone pays?! Even with their native Chinese agents they will not pay local price ... still a Gweilo price.

Cheaper than TD yeah but still unless you’re there what’s the benefit in knowing?

iPhones and Gen Rolex cost less than $400 to make. Good fucking luck acquiring them at that price. 

Like badgering people for the price of petrol in their country... it’s of no consequence to you at all.  

GingerApple
13 minutes ago, deju said:

My friend is in the same position, several times a year in China meeting with factories. Also has an interpreter/Chinese business agent and also gets watches. 

I can’t tell you what he pays either :lol:

what the fuck does it matter what someone pays?! Even with their native Chinese agents they will not pay local price ... still a Gweilo price.

Cheaper than TD yeah but still unless you’re there what’s the benefit in knowing?

iPhones and Gen Rolex cost less than $400 to make. Good fucking luck acquiring them at that price. 

Like badgering people for the price of petrol in their country... it’s of no consequence to you at all.  

So how much does your mate pay?

Glaude

If you indeed got them for cheaper than TD ; that you are sure enough that what you got was the same factory and quality than what our TD have access, then I'm happy for you, sincerely !

But I would still call that luck and having a local with you certainly can help locate better stuff than what's just out in the market for all eyes to see.