s4ffy1

Guangzhou Day 1 Haul

Snazir6

What you learn is that there are normally a lot of people involved in the chain.
Obviously you have the main factories but none of the people deal with the factories themselves (I doubt even if all of the TD do deal direct) there will probably be at least 1-3 people in between before the watches hit the TD or the shops like which I visit. Some of the better shops have more stock but most of the higher items are 1 piece stock, another shop we visited only had 7-8 top end pieces.

The TD / shops use the same intermediaries to order stock which mostly is for the next day (as it's not held in Guangzhou) probably because of the raids the higher end watches and quantities are held in villages outskirts and normally at least 1 hour away. I know the TD use same intermediaries or are just part of a bigger chain because I have seen this when I accompanied a trusted dealer last year :). I visited a sorting warehouse where new local stock had arrived and was lucky enough to watch the watched being sorted by intermediaries and some being posted out.

Wechat is the main method of checking if stock is available local / can be delivered quickly or have to wait few days and even then there are different middlemen.

The more you buy the bigger the discount. When you arrive on the ground floor on any of the buildings and ask for higher end. watches ..you will be asked to accompany somebody upstairs in a different building to a 'secure ' office - the person taking you will be on commission and will stay there the whole time whilst you do the deal. Go direct to the shop (get the main owners details and you save on the commission they would have paid)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Bash64

Rather than giving us specific pricing, can you at least ballpark the savings? 70% off, 10% off, etc?  Now I'm curious to know too.

Bright Ling

I'm going to Guanghzou in a few weeks- I haven't been before.  I plan on spending a day or 2 in the watch markets, but I speak no Chinese and won't have an interpreter.  Am I going to be SOL or will I be able to find nice material?  

I've purchased from many of our TD's in the past,  but few of these reps have lasted more than a couple of years.  If I pay $350 US for a nice rep I would like to think it wouldn't fall apart in 2 years.   I'm hoping I can find some nice material at a more reasonable price.  I'll know in a few weeks.

Snazir6

Install wechat ..and inbox me and I will sort contact out for you

Del
On 29/09/2019 at 11:00, Snazir6 said:

Look how many watches I have sold on here?

Look at post I did here last year- I visit Guangzhou every year, and you are right no value flying over here but if here for business then it's worth a visit no ?

Don’t worry about the nosey fuckers! :lol: 

Looks like you picked up some decent pieces. Local knowledge, guide and translator is very likely the key  to success - I’d do the same in your position!

Thanks for posting the pics - would be good to see your other pics too. :thumbsup2:

Adit

I like the look of the "Smurf". That's one on the ever-growing list.

Very Interesting Post (oh, that reminds me...) by the way, thanks.

Edited by Adit
Addition

Snazir6

This was my fav pickup in end...really classy watch loving it. dabb574f2c10ca657a4aa7b038fac30b.jpg

Don’t worry about the nosey fuckers!  
Looks like you picked up some decent pieces. Local knowledge, guide and translator is very likely the key  to success - I’d do the same in your position!
Thanks for posting the pics - would be good to see your other pics too. :thumbsup2:
Check out day two mate and thanks.
And you are right having a translator is key and haggling :)

thejudge

Interesting they have a timezone for South Georgia on the Jaeger handy for the penguins I suppose 

Glaude
37 minutes ago, Snazir6 said:

This was my fav pickup in end...really classy watch loving it

This one is indeed a superb watch, but I'm too bothered by the non functional timezone function, I know it's just a rep, but I've always resisted the temptation because of that !

Wires

How did you go from @s4ffy1 to @Snazir6 overnight in the same thread?

Snazir6
This one is indeed a superb watch, but I'm too bothered by the non functional timezone function, I know it's just a rep, but I've always resisted the temptation because of that !
How does the original timezone function work ?

Glaude
1 hour ago, Snazir6 said:

How does the original timezone function work ?

There's a pusher on the side (can't recall the positon, I think it's at 7 or 8 o'clock. When you push it, it will change the city indicated by the arrow at 6 o'clock and consequently adjust the second timezone subdial (also at 6 o'clock) to the select city

ebzen02

Sooo... if I had.. let’s say $1000 to spend, how many of those JLCs could I get? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk