Sign in to follow this  
Dtrinder

Dress watch?

Dtrinder

Hi

Anyone got a any good dress watch reps

Reps that actually look like a gen

Most pp, vc ..etc I see just look similar to the makes style but not actualy like a gen version

Also the seconds at 6 being a cut out instead of on one

Seems like its only rolex and a few others that have reps based on a specific version instead of just similar style?

Most of the pateks and vc I see I can't find the gen version....

Although, I could be wrong....

myaz

Welcome aboard.

When you say "most", do you mean all?

It might depend upon how picky you are. I don't mean this in a bad way.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that no rep is 100% like the gen.

the DSSD and Submariner can come pretty darn close probably because there's such demand hence incentive to come up with the "best" version possible.

Nevertheless, I just bought a Lange 1 that has all working subdials. I'll bet you money you can't tell it's a rep from normal speaking distance.

I'm no expert but for instance, there's a PP calatrava that looks exactly like the gen that's readily available

Maybe you should pick an inexpensive rep from a Trudted Dealer and judge for yourself before you jump in to get the one you really want as you will likely judge that one the harshest. Good luck.

Edited by myaz

Dtrinder
Welcome aboard.

When you say "most", do you mean all?

It might depend upon how picky you are. I don't mean this in a bad way.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that no rep is 100% like the gen.

the DSSD and Submariner can come pretty darn close probably because there's such demand hence incentive to come up with the "best" version possible.

Nevertheless, I just bought a Lange 1 that has all working subdials. I'll bet you money you can't tell it's a rep from normal speaking distance.

I'm no expert but for instance, there's a PP calatrava that looks exactly like the gen that's readily available

Maybe you should pick an inexpensive rep from a Trudted Dealer and judge for yourself before you jump in to get the one you really want as you will likely judge that one the harshest. Good luck.

I am a bit picky.. I understand Reps are not 100% the same as their counterparts but I just want something that looks like gen visually

And they all seem like ok reps but not actually a replica of an actual patek model

Seen some good looking calatrava's but none that look visually like a gen model.. I initially st out looking for a calatrava's but haven't seen any I want buy yet as they don't look like the gen?

I have a few rollies and it looks extremely close to the gen, not seen that so much on the smart dress watches, perhaps there just isn't enough demand for these type reps? Or they could be to difficult to replicate?

Akira

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

Gen:

85180-000G-9230_sp.png

Rep:

008xcm.jpg

Dtrinder
Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

Gen:

85180-000G-9230_sp.png

Rep:

008xcm.jpg

I should also add that I am looking for gold with black strap

If I was looking for silver that would fine as seen some good ones...

myaz

My advice would be to stick to a simple design (easier to replicate)

and think twice about the gold thing. Gold plating is microns thick and can wear off. You can try to search for "heavy" type gold plating but that's not common.

Check these.

narikaa.jpg

in-watchesclassiqueAutosap138.jpg

baldrick027-1.jpg

calatravaa.jpg

Read more on this forum not to have unrealistic expectations. Read the Intro to noobs section.

You could then send a picture to Mary at Watch international and see if she can source it for you.

Edited by myaz

David543

It's possible to find 'wrapped' gold that should last better, but will be expensive and mostly on Rolex. If you get plated it will probably last a couple of years, but not be too much, Mary will tell you!

Dtrinder
My advice would be to stick to a simple design (easier to replicate)

and think twice about the gold thing. Gold plating is microns thick and can wear off. You can try to search for "heavy" type gold plating but that's not common.

Check these.

narikaa.jpg

in-watchesclassiqueAutosap138.jpg

baldrick027-1.jpg

calatravaa.jpg

Read more on this forum not to have unrealistic expectations. Read the Intro to noobs section.

You could then send a picture to Mary at Watch international and see if she can source it for you.

I haven't seen a gen version of the pp with blue markers, it's very nice though

Also one of the pics with the calatrava the small seconds look like it's been cut out where as with the gen it's on the same dial

The last picture though, that's the one I'm looking for but haven't seen it with any of the trusted dealers - where is that one from?

Edited by Dtrinder

myaz

Dang it, I got if off a site somwhere here but can't remember where. I did it because it's on my future "wish list".

I would send copies of both PP watches to Mary and tell her what you are looking for. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "cut out dial" and neither will Mary as her english is not great. I will tell you that the seconds dial is functional.

if you see a lot of differences between both pictures......you might better be served by a used gen on ebay.

I also have seen some very high quality reps from Narikaa. You might look at his site and try to contact him.

From what I understand, what you see is what he has. He goes on buying trips and selects some of the best examples he can find. Good stuff.

Baldrick

I want to be married to Salma Hayek and have a 10" penis, but t'aint gonna happen, so I'll just have to pee with the pecker I have.

You're chasing a dream, despite me telling you and other members telling you, you seem intent on embracing disappointment, you CANNOT, positively CANNOT obtain the fit and finish of a $20,000 gold Patek / VC / Lange in a $99.00 watch, $30 of which is dealer's profit, $40.00 of which is factory profit, $20.00 of which is manufacturing, distribution costs, it's an impossibilty, the genuine Calatrava you cite has a porcelain dial, the rep doesn't, never will have, there is not enough demand for these items, why?, because there's not enough demand versus a Submariner, YOU will never ingratiate yourself into the strata of society where a rep of this would immediately ostracise your from all and sundry within that society, whereas you can pull off a steel Sub facsimile, you need to SETTLE for a facsimile of the genuine, just as I had to settle for the wife I have ( beautiful as she is ), and a 9" penis :P

Dtrinder
Dang it, I got if off a site somwhere here but can't remember where. I did it because it's on my future "wish list".

I would send copies of both PP watches to Mary and tell her what you are looking for. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "cut out dial" and neither will Mary as her english is not great. I will tell you that the seconds dial is functional.

if you see a lot of differences between both pictures......you might better be served by a used gen on ebay.

I also have seen some very high quality reps from Narikaa. You might look at his site and try to contact him.

From what I understand, what you see is what he has. He goes on buying trips and selects some of the best examples he can find. Good stuff.

Ah no, that would be great if you had that site... It is the exact one I'm looking for

I have been speaking with Mary a lot a bit with narikaa, Mary doesn't have that patek model and she searched for it with other dealers

If I was looking an eta gold plated rolex or a chronology, I would be wrist happy by now

Narikaa has a few nice pateks but I haven't seen a gen version of the reps, although they look great I want one based on a gen model

The last picture in you first post myaz is exactly what I'm looking for but haven't seen it on any td's ....

And cut out dial I mean, instead of it being on one whole dial, the main clock and the small seconds, you can see the small seconds has been cut out withva line around it but the gens don't have lines around them I.e picture 027 verses the one below it

I am still a noob at this however, so would like to be provpoved wrong!

I know I wont get anything like the gen in terms of material and movement but surely you can get on that looks like a gen version just to look at

In the same way you can with rolex..etc

Balrick, how shall I tackle this issue then, give up searching for the perfect patek rep and settle with a sub? Although they are great watches I have 3 rolex's and looking for something different - I guess I just need to get one that looks like a patek but not actually based on any specific model, in that case I would be fine....

Akira
I had to settle for the wife I have ( beautiful as she is ), and a 9" penis B)

:lol:

Baldrick
Balrick, how shall I tackle this issue then, give up searching for the perfect patek rep and settle with a sub? Although they are great watches I have 3 rolex's and looking for something different - I guess I just need to get one that looks like a patek but not actually based on any specific model, in that case I would be fine....

That's the spirit, who's gonna know, the croupier at the chemin de fer table in Monaco, I don't think so !

opus9

I bought the Corum Golden bridge from Robert,it is the ultimate dress/special occasion tuxedo watch for me.....

roberts corum

regards

opus9

Dtrinder
I bought the Corum Golden bridge from Robert,it is the ultimate dress/special occasion tuxedo watch for me.....

roberts corum

regards

opus9

That's a very unique watch, adding that to my list

What's Roberts email address? Can't see it anywhere?

opus9

roberts corum

regards

opus9

prestigewatches its in the trusted dealer section....

regards

opus9

Dtrinder

roberts corum

regards

opus9

prestigewatches its in the trusted dealer section....

Thanks, I didn't realise robert was prestige watch

regards

opus9

Baldrick

@Dtrinder, do yourself a favour, DO NOT APPROACH ROBERT, your approach to this situation will not go well !

Dtrinder

@Dtrinder, do yourself a favour, DO NOT APPROACH ROBERT, your approach to this situation will not go well !

Why? Because I'm going to ask someone who sell watches to buy one...

I did just see it on the td page though.. I did check before but only looked at titles so didn't see it.. I could have looked a bit harder though B)

Is Robert not very noob friendly...

opus9

Why? Because I'm going to ask someone who sell watches to buy one...

I did just see it on the td page though.. I did check before but only looked at titles so didn't see it.. I could have looked a bit harder though B)

Is Robert not very noob friendly...

Robert is a very nice guy,very helpful and of course will help a noobie...just email him..but be realistic with what your after.Dealers don't want to have to decide for you, what watch you want. Find a couple of watches, email him,tell him your budget and the watch and he will provide you with the details of whats about and the best your going to get for your loot.

regards

opus9

Baldrick

I warned him opus, you encouraged him, no good will come of this !

Dtrinder
I warned him opus, you encouraged him, no good will come of this !

Thanks opus, I'm sure it will be fine

Myaz, the last picture on your post, is that from a td dealer site? Or can you not remember at all which site it's from? As I have seen it On other sites but none of the td's .....

Guanaco

Why not get a Tourbillon? Nothing is more of a dress watch than a watch with a Tourbillon IMO, a simple one of course. The Heritage Tourbillon Rep is the closest I've seen [even though the other Breguet models are very close]:

Rep:

BREGUET-2010-08-27-05-01_2_enl.JPG

BREGUET-2010-08-27-05-05_2_enl.JPG

Gen:

02c6b9e0.jpg

Dtrinder
Why not get a Tourbillon? Nothing is more of a dress watch than a watch with a Tourbillon IMO, a simple one of course. The Heritage Tourbillon Rep is the closest I've seen [even though the other Breguet models are very close]:

Rep:

BREGUET-2010-08-27-05-01_2_enl.JPG

BREGUET-2010-08-27-05-05_2_enl.JPG

Gen:

02c6b9e0.jpg

That's a good one! I just prefer them a bit more simple though but this is good for an occasion watch

Where is that one from? # just saw it's pure time ..:) I haven't seen pure time before but looks good

That's what I mean though, haven't seen any gold pateks that you can find the gen of ( this applies to my search for a calatrava)

Edited by Dtrinder

JohnG

Don't listen to any of the people who say you can't get a perfectly accurate rep - here is a Patek rep that is 100% to gen. It is a popular thing to say on rep forums, "1:1 doesn't exist!" It in only true in the sense that a rep is always a rep. But there are reps that can fool even the experts, true counterfeits. So don't listen to the self-proclaimed experts - just do your own research.

l_pp%20530.jpg

Price is $13,500 and they have it in stock:

http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html