Sign in to follow this  
Dtrinder

Dress watch?

JohnG

And here is a Patek automatic moonphase, 1:1 with gen, for $ 24,500, also in stock:

l_dscn1673.jpg

l_dscn1676.jpg

l_dscn1677.jpg

l_dscn1681.jpg

David543

Damn Golden Bridge looked so good I got Mary to get me one. I blame Opus for costing me more money (but not much to be honest!)

:popcorn:

powderfreak
Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

Rep:

008xcm.jpg

Seems as if I overlooked the pictures when I read this the frist time .... :popcorn: Is that the watch you got for your dad? Awesome!

May you tell me the price ;) ?

mbjoer
Don't listen to any of the people who say you can't get a perfectly accurate rep - here is a Patek rep that is 100% to gen. It is a popular thing to say on rep forums, "1:1 doesn't exist!" It in only true in the sense that a rep is always a rep. But there are reps that can fool even the experts, true counterfeits. So don't listen to the self-proclaimed experts - just do your own research.

l_pp%20530.jpg

Price is $13,500 and they have it in stock:

http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html

This guy makes fantastic reps - at fantastic prices. I could think of quite a few for which I would sell my right arm to put one on my left...

BUT.....even these rare and beautifully made beasts are not 100% perfect. They will fool the expert because there are so few Gens around that a side-by-side comparison would be almost impossible to arrange. And without this direct comparison I would claim that many of "our" Reps or Frankens would also fool many an expert.

Recently Christie's sold a Gen for $65k (Makes this rep relatively expensive compared to other so-called 1-1 reps):

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot_det...e8-e386d1f9c27f

(Unfortunately I cannot copy the picture across here for comparison, so you will have to open it in another window.)

When comparing the subdials it looks to me as if the placement on the rep is not precisely in the same place. Just as we see if on the reps we normally discuss here.

The Patek reps here are extremely nice, but the last little touch to make it 100% remains elusive unless you make a Genenstein from 100% Gen parts.

JohnG

The movement is gen (with modded bridges), so the subdial placement is correct.

mbjoer

Assuming that dial and case are precisely same dimentions. But on the pictures they do not look the same.