Michael213

In Vietnam for a while, best place for reps?

Michael213

Hey guys & girls,

I'm spending a few months in Ho Chi Minh City and wondered if I could get some pointers with regards to replica watches. As I am in the area of the world where most reps are manufactured, I thought it may be easier to obtain them and for a lower cost than getting them shipped to London. 

Would greatly appreciate any tips or info.

Cheers, 

Michael

BadPickle
3 hours ago, Michael213 said:

Hey guys & girls,

I'm spending a few months in Ho Chi Minh City and wondered if I could get some pointers with regards to replica watches. As I am in the area of the world where most reps are manufactured, I thought it may be easier to obtain them and for a lower cost than getting them shipped to London. 

Would greatly appreciate any tips or info.

Cheers, 

Michael

most reps are manufactured in VN? are they indeed

GenTLe
4 hours ago, Michael213 said:

I am in the area of the world where most reps are manufactured

No.

Here is where most of the reps are manufactured: https://goo.gl/maps/kxeR4SmvHAUULvXe9

Michael213
5 hours ago, GenTLe said:

No.

Here is where most of the reps are manufactured: https://goo.gl/maps/kxeR4SmvHAUULvXe9

Take a quick look at a map buddy and you'll see that Guangdong Province boarders Vietnam, hence me saying 'area of the world'.

Good idea to educate yourself first before attempting to educate others.

Glaude
15 minutes ago, Michael213 said:

Take a quick look at a map buddy and you'll see that Guangdong Province boarders Vietnam, hence me saying 'area of the world'.

I'd like to see your google maps, because on mine, the place where reps are manufactured and Vietnam are pretty far away ... Like 2600 km away ...

FoxWilde
15 minutes ago, Michael213 said:

So you’ll be in the general region of Asia? 

Also, isn’t Ho Chi Minh south of Vietnam further from the Chinese border?

Glaude
1 minute ago, FoxWilde said:

So you’ll be in the general region of Asia? 

I heard that if you are in the general region of the world, you can get stuff quicker and cheaper, since the world is where most of the things are made.

If you are on the moon, you'll have to pay full shipping price via triangulation (to be safe)

FoxWilde
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I heard that if you are in the general region of the world, you can get stuff quicker and cheaper, since the world is where most of the things are made.

If you are on the moon, you'll have to pay full shipping price via triangulation (to be safe)

I heard customs suck on the moon. Better to triangle ship via the space station

FudgyDocker
32 minutes ago, Michael213 said:

Guangdong Province boarders Vietnam

Really, I thought it was 'borders'? Perhaps you're the one who ought to educate themselves, no?

RussP

I think be meant that he was in the general vicinity of where reps come from.

Give the chap a break.....

Happy Shopping Michael.

Michael213
22 minutes ago, RussP said:

I think be meant that he was in the general vicinity of where reps come from.

Give the chap a break.....

Happy Shopping Michael.

Thanks, Russ. I did just mean the general part of the world as I'm from London. An innocuous question, asked in forum where I thought people would be happy to give informed, constructive help. The internet truly is a toxic place.

Intresting

All the reps come from the same place.   Your savings will be dependent on mark ups, and shipping costs.   You will get the best pricing if buying directly from the factory, but they may only be selling in wholesale quantities and unlikely to do so to a passing traveler.  Might be better to get from a good TD.  At least you have some recourse if and when something mucks up.   it all depends on what premium you put on some peace of mind when buying.

Michael213
1 minute ago, Intresting said:

All the reps come from the same place.   Your savings will be dependent on mark ups, and shipping costs.   You will get the best pricing if buying directly from the factory, but they may only be selling in wholesale quantities and unlikely to do so to a passing traveler.  Might be better to get from a good TD.  At least you have some recourse if and when something mucks up.   it all depends on what premium you put on some peace of mind when buying.

Sound advice, thanks. I've seen a lot of reps here, some being pretty good quality. My thoughts were that as I travel up to Hanoi, being relatively close to where my TDs have shipped from over the border in China, I may be able to pick up a watch or two in person. It was just a thought and I wondered if anyone else had any experience in doing this. A long shot, I know but worth an ask.

Seems like going through our TDs is still the best option, especially regarding the recourse.  

Mike R

@Michael213  I have traveled to New York and been able to find reps and also in flea markets in Florida I have been able to find reps.

( has to ask)

If you are in a high tourist area you will probably be able to locate some. Try going to a high traffic tourist  shoping type area  and keep

your eye out for a watch shop. Not a brand name like Rolex or omega AD’s, just generic type watches or bags

Rolex is a universal word don’t be afraid to ask the shop owners

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Jibuti

OP, perhaps you should just ask iabounty,  he was crawling in rat tunnels back then dressed in green... 

So he is familiar with every rep-hole, I guess... 

brang1

i have walked around markets in Vietnam, and it is worth a look just for a laugh. Talk about   "fantasy models"  Weird Patek Panerai combos, Rolex coupled with AP, everything goes. Its DHGate live. 

Michael213
11 minutes ago, brang1 said:

i have walked around markets in Vietnam, and it is worth a look just for a laugh. Talk about   "fantasy models"  Weird Patek Panerai combos, Rolex coupled with AP, everything goes. Its DHGate live. 

Yeah, the markets are ridiculous but there are much better locations to get high quality reps here, seemingly from the same source our TDs get ours.

BadApple

Do you know feck all about the rep industry? 

I get my reps off an African gentleman in Tenerife. It's nowhere near Vietnam.

Mind you at least you have the cocks in frocks to entertain you.

GenTLe

Not sure what you mean. But it is like saying that in Gdansk (PL) you can have a tapas dinner because it's in the same area of Barcelona (ES). And I can ensure you, there are no tapas in Gdansk. And if you manage to find something similar, they are crap.

Same applies to reps, as someone already explained.

brang1
12 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Not sure what you mean. But it is like saying that in Gdansk (PL) you can have a tapas dinner because it's in the same area of Barcelona (ES). And I can ensure you, there are no tapas in Gdansk. And if you manage to find something similar, they are crap.

Same applies to reps, as someone already explained.

FUCK ME! I just paid for a tapas tour of  Gdansk (PL) ripped off

BadApple
6 minutes ago, brang1 said:

FUCK ME! I just paid for a tapas tour of  Gdansk (PL) ripped off

Go on a tour of the Rep Watch Market there instead. By all accounts all major cities have them. 

brang1
12 minutes ago, Badapple said:

Go on a tour of the Rep Watch Market there instead. By all accounts all major cities have them. 

THANK YOU 

GingerApple

I think what people are trying to say OP is that you're barking up the wrong tree. But this being RWG, they're royally taking the piss. Don't take it personally.

BadApple

Someone hijacked your login Ginger? 

brang1
15 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

I think what people are trying to say OP is that you're barking up the wrong tree. But this being RWG, they're royally taking the piss. Don't take it personally.

take the piss??? here? never