hanski

The Gen Experience

NCRich

Lovely @hanski that is a great watch.  I'm not even going to google elady.

GingerApple
27 minutes ago, NCRich said:

But if it was eMan....

Genius
22 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

But if it was eMan....

He's been googling that all morning 

hanski
3 hours ago, simey83 said:

Lovely pickup mate! One of the best. Now all it needs is a nice strap. Throw that metal thing in the bin :)

14685920185_a39cae6aa5_b.jpg

Cheers

Simey

Lovely combo you have there. I delight in seeing the leather straps on Speedy’s. I may consider it, although I’m partial to water resistant straps on my watches. 

2 hours ago, NCRich said:

Thanks - you shouldn’t. But you really should. 

1 hour ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

But if it was eMan....

Ooo - that seems worth a google ........

nuvolablue

@Hanski lovely write up mate. This was also my first high end rep. Great watch. Be warned now that you have one gen... You will want more!

One question - did you ask elady to send via EMS or was that there standard shipping method?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hanski
1 hour ago, nuvolablue said:

@Hanski lovely write up mate. This was also my first high end rep. Great watch. Be warned now that you have one gen... You will want more!

One question - did you ask elady to send via EMS or was that there standard shipping method?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

EMS was the standard shipping service. 

Genius

Had to wear mine today 

jQbAL.jpg

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Genius said:

Had to wear mine today 

jQbAL.jpg

I just saw this photo in the Gen Wrist Shot Thread and though to myself, "This fucker's teasing me."

The very next thread I click on is this one....

Genius
34 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

"This fucker's teasing me."

You got me!   

Don't think you would ever regret buying one but even if you do they are pretty easy to flip and if you get it for a good price might you even make a few quid 

GingerApple
Just now, Genius said:

You got me!   

Don't think you would ever regret buying one but even if you do they are pretty easy to flip and if you get it for a good price might you even make a few quid 

Flipping is not the plan - I will get one 100% at some stage and when I do, it will be a keeper. I hinted to my missus that I wanted one so I'm going to wait till Xmas in case she gets me one, if not, I'm going to spank eLady.

GingerApple

Apart from the massive crack or whateverthefuck in the crystal at 4 o'clock, it's awesome.

Drinking whilst shopping again?

Chixisigma
5 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Apart from the massive crack or whateverthefuck in the crystal at 4 o'clock, it's awesome.

Drinking whilst shopping again?

LOL Do you have one yet, ya rat bag?

GingerApple
19 minutes ago, Chixisigma said:

LOL Do you have one yet, ya rat bag?

I'm waiting to see if my missus gets me one for Xmas. If not, I might have my first experience of a lady eLady.

deju
10 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I'm waiting to see if my missus gets me one for Xmas. If not, I might have my first experience of a lady eLady.

Best leave hints around the house! Like a big sheet of paper that says buy me an omega speedmaster!!! 

GingerApple
14 minutes ago, deju said:

Best leave hints around the house! Like a big sheet of paper that says buy me an omega speedmaster!!! 

I did tell her I'd love one a while ago. The thing with my missus is there is a chance she'll get me something amazing like that - but there are similar sort of odds that she'll literally get me nothing. Such is my wife.

Chixisigma
50 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I did tell her I'd love one a while ago. The thing with my missus is there is a chance she'll get me something amazing like that - but there are similar sort of odds that she'll literally get me nothing. Such is my wife.

Yea she is a bit like that.

hanski
6 hours ago, Chixisigma said:

Hi Speedmaster Legends,

Ref3570 is a safe place, innit? Thoughts on this - Condition, Price? Etc. https://mall.elady.com/OMEGA-Speedmaster-Professional-Steel-Moon-Watch-357050-BF505895.html

Cxs

Agreed, looks good except the crystal. If your comfortable replacing, it’s not that much money ($100ish). 

5 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I hope she gets you one! That’d be so cool! 

black263

Thought I'd have a look at elady to see how much my Breitling Heritage 46 had lost in value since I bought it.  They have one on offer for £300 more than the current UK price new from an AD, and £500 more than I paid.  So you can't just assume that buying from there is always great value.

GingerApple
8 hours ago, Chixisigma said:

Yea she is a bit like that.

:rofl:

A young boy like you couldn't handle my missus!!!!

1 hour ago, black263 said:

Thought I'd have a look at elady to see how much my Breitling Heritage 46 had lost in value since I bought it.  They have one on offer for £300 more than the current UK price new from an AD, and £500 more than I paid.  So you can't just assume that buying from there is always great value.

They also list all their Speedys (all watches?) on Chrono24 at the same price - so agreed, not that cheap. Chrono24 prices in fact!

Khronos

Speedy is on my list too, mostly due to the fact, that they haven't bothered to make a decent rep yet. But I have a hunch, that VSF will make a big announcement about a game changing rep one day after I buy a gen... 

They're 4700€ for the hesalite version over here in Slovenia. How much are they where you guys live? I think I could get the usual 18-20% off though. 

BlackjackWQ

RRP in Australia is  around 7000 AUD.

BlackjackWQ

Argh that elady website has a speedy mk40 for an incredible price.

cobn

I see Speedmaster, I upvote :)

July 4th at the Big Bay Bang in San Diego!

5LRbi.jpg

Always wanted a gen Penerai but since I got the Speedy, there is no need for anymore!