onzenuub

Wearing a watch in France

Glaude
2 hours ago, vonn91 said:

I’m referring to:

a) seemingly Bulgarian/Romanian people who do a lot of trick-pickpocketing, nearly been a victim once or twice, but they are the same in every bigger European city

b) the guys around sacre coeur who try to sell you any tourist-related stuff to then rob you.

c) gangs, often from the banlieus, dominated by people from any place that once was a french colony, especially Maghrebiens, who are rather „high profile“ orientated. Same especially in London where they appear to use stolen scooters as preferred method of transport.

The Chinese people are often careless about the luxury because they are in the false impression western cities would be secure as they often don’t need this type of security in their hometowns.

But this is getting off track.

Reason number one to never wear a expensive gen when traveling.

Well except those watch robbery are not from Bulgarian or Romanian people, they are from French people, from "banlieue" well of course, you're unlikely to find that they come from filthy rich area of Paris, the fact that people from "Banlieue" are mainly from North Africa is not the justification of those acts, it just happen to be like that for history and social reason.
This isn't getting off track, I'm just trying to see if you are implying that the reason why things are becoming shit in your opinion is because of the origin of people, or just because thing are turning shit because of people in general

deju
7 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Well except those watch robbery are not from Bulgarian or Romanian people, they are from French people, from "banlieue" well of course, you're unlikely to find that they come from filthy rich area of Paris, the fact that people from "Banlieue" are mainly from North Africa is not the justification of those acts, it just happen to be like that for history and social reason.
This isn't getting off track, I'm just trying to see if you are implying that the reason why things are becoming shit in your opinion is because of the origin of people, or just because thing are turning shit because of people in general

All you need to know is in D13-U  :lol: was there not also B13 that’s Banlieue based? 

Great French movies 

porschespeedster

lol, some a y'all racist.

i understand both situations; if you're a crook, better to rob young, insanely rich people (without bodyguards) flashing huge gens in public.

sure beats trying to get that money from a bank or robbing an AD.

and yes, i feel for the rich guy too...i've been robbed a few times. it's scary.

surely at least the rich guy was insured, and if he wasn't in on it that really sucks.

as mentioned already, if the crook wasn't specifically instructed to nick that Mille, he may be in for a world of negativity when he fences it.

pretty sure income inequality caused this tho, not some sort of innate criminality of various ethnicities/people born in certain places.

Glaude
8 minutes ago, porschespeedster said:

pretty sure income inequality caused this tho, not some sort of innate criminality of various ethnicities/people born in certain places.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "thank you gif"

The_Proctometrist
43 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "thank you gif"

crimes like these happen wherever and whenever the opportunities present themselves. however, i can tell you as an analyst with a high degree of certainty that these thieves where organized, sophisticated and very far economically disadvantaged perpetrators.  in all likelihood the theives were also staying at that same hotel and may have followed this victim all the way from japan. this was very  far from a random crime 

Glaude
7 minutes ago, ballandbiscuit said:

crimes like these happen wherever and whenever the opportunities present themselves. however, i can tell you as an analyst with a high degree of certainty that these thieves where organized, sophisticated and very far economically disadvantaged perpetrators.  in all likelihood the theives were also staying at that same hotel and may have followed this victim all the way from japan. this was very  far from a random crime 

Wrong in that occurrence and that's my magistrate experience and remaining contact talking to you (since apparently it's boast yourself time).

While this is not random and unorganized, this is not an international crime, but the matter of very local gangs with a good network of resellers. They learned their lesson online about luxury watch and they spy on places where they know they'll find those type of product.
The watch is snatched and sold in a matter of a few hours, those thieves are expendable by someone making the maximum amount of money on them, but the thieves themselves come from a very disadvantaged place and have a more than precarious social situation
They target watches now because it's been a few years since they have a hard time targeting jewelry but before watches (it's always been a thing, but now it's worse) those type of headlines had the same frequency but about big and expensive jewels.

GingerApple

Jesus, this thread's a bit of a racist shit show! Where's Del and his ™️ when you need him :ohwell:

The_Proctometrist
43 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Wrong in that occurrence and that's my magistrate experience and remaining contact talking to you (since apparently it's boast yourself time).

While this is not random and unorganized, this is not an international crime, but the matter of very local gangs with a good network of resellers. They learned their lesson online about luxury watch and they spy on places where they know they'll find those type of product.
The watch is snatched and sold in a matter of a few hours, those thieves are expendable by someone making the maximum amount of money on them, but the thieves themselves come from a very disadvantaged place and have a more than precarious social situation
They target watches now because it's been a few years since they have a hard time targeting jewelry but before watches (it's always been a thing, but now it's worse) those type of headlines had the same frequency but about big and expensive jewels.

very well, that's a pretty sound arguement you have. however, to my reading, it sounded like these theives had either level 4 krav maga or combat taekwondo training and either one of those aren't possessed by a street criminal. 

Glaude
40 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Jesus, this thread's a bit of a racist shit show! Where's Del and his ™️ when you need him :ohwell:

Don't you prefer letting this go a bit and see who deserve a good ol' fashioned gulag&ban ? No way to find out if we lock it ;) 

13 minutes ago, ballandbiscuit said:

very well, that's a pretty sound arguement you have. however, to my reading, it sounded like these theives had either level 4 krav maga or combat taekwondo training and either one of those aren't possessed by a street criminal. 

They just snatched the watch from the guy arm after distracting him by asking for a cigarette, since the guy was smoking one, old trick but works well, the rest is pickpocket 101 on how to undo a watch quickly, no need for overthinking there