Sign in to follow this  
paulro

Omega Planet Ocean

paulro

I know this should be simple. I have a pin pusher and have removed the pins from the correct side. When I attempt to put it together I push back the pin from the opposite direction to the way it came out but it's not going in What do you use to push it back through without bending the pin?

Am I doing it the right way?

graman

Have you checked the pin is the right way?

I use a jewelers hammer for some gentle persuasion.....but only if the pin is the right way, otherwise I make a dickhead out of myself.

:)

Del

I have successfully ruined a PO bracelet :popcorn: - they are pigs to work on.

The big difference from regular "push-pin" bracelets is that there is a central sleeve or tube that the pin goes through as well as the links themselves. I guess that if you've removed a pin then you might have already discovered the tube too - if not, then perhaps that is obstructing the pin going back in?

paulro
I have successfully ruined a PO bracelet :popcorn: - they are pigs to work on.

The big difference from regular "push-pin" bracelets is that there is a central sleeve or tube that the pin goes through as well as the links themselves. I guess that if you've removed a pin then you might have already discovered the tube too - if not, then perhaps that is obstructing the pin going back in?

Yes I have come across the centre sleeve and I also have ruined one bracelet so I now have one on a rubber strap. I've put it away for today but will have a go later in the week and will pay a bit more attention to the narrow end of the pin.

Del

The pins are very tight and need a bit of gentle hammering back in, as graman said. Good luck! :popcorn:

petemoss
I know this should be simple. I have a pin pusher and have removed the pins from the correct side. When I attempt to put it together I push back the pin from the opposite direction to the way it came out but it's not going in What do you use to push it back through without bending the pin?

Am I doing it the right way?

Tap the pin back in with a little hammer. The pin should go in the same direction as you removed it, in the direction of the arrow.

MikeMcNair

Most Omega bracelets have arrows in them, the pin goes in the direction of the arrow. I just did an omega bracelet tue other day and a filed down, flat thumbtack (cut the tip off) was the magic tool.

Hardwareguy's omega came in while we were at work and I didn't have my tools there so we improvised :lol: