Mr_B

How to fix watch fogging up?

Mr_B

So I wore my Tudor in the rain, didn't realise the case back wasn't fully secure... Now it fogs up during temperature change... Not ideal, anyone got any quick fixes? I'm leaving the crown fully open for the night to see if it helps.

zZThj.jpg

hanski

Keeping the crown pulled is going to do very little to relieve the moisture caught in the case. There’s still a gasket in the crown tube that helps prevent moisture intrusion (or in your case extrusion). You’ll be better off removing the case back. 

Rx4Time

I've had this happen before when I forgot to screw down a crown.  Hack the movement, open the case back, and place it in a sealed container with uncooked rice overnight.  The rice acts as a dessicant.  grease the caseback seal before closing and you should be good.

zulu44gmt
I've had this happen before when I forgot to screw down a crown.  Hack the movement, open the case back, and place it in a sealed container with uncooked rice overnight.  The rice acts as a dessicant.  grease the caseback seal before closing and you should be good.
+1

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

GingerApple

That sounds like good advice, but I know a friend who sent his Gen back to the AD and they apparently stick it in a low temp oven for a few days! So maybe all of the above whilst in an airing cupboard perhaps?

Nikosaldente
3 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

+1

You could leave it in the container in a place inside the house that gets Sunlight.

Also put the watch with the Dial facing down so that the vapors can escape vertically!

You can use charcoal or silica gel to absorb the moisture as alternatives. 

That's why I always check Casebacks and gaskets of all my watches upon arrival!

Good luck mate!

BadPickle
25 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

That sounds like good advice, but I know a friend who sent his Gen back to the AD and they apparently stick it in a low temp oven for a few days! So maybe all of the above whilst in an airing cupboard perhaps?

airing cupboard?  Is this the 1970’s ffs? It’s the modern age of instant hot water and combination boilers you know, next you’ll be telling us to run it through a mangle to squeeze all the water out :lmao: 

Always with the good advice :facepalm:

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

airing cupboard?  Is this the 1970’s ffs? It’s the modern age of instant hot water and combination boilers you know, next you’ll be telling us to run it through a mangle to squeeze all the water out :lmao: 

Always with the good advice :facepalm:

All of the best, up to date plumbers insist on putting airing cupboards in again these days, the latest advances allow it apparently.

Maybe it'll catch on Oop North in a few years:ohwell:

PS - Hope the heads not too sore this morning (from listening to Fudgy done on)....

Jibuti

fuckin retarded brits.... no surprise you went from top world colonialists to midget island renters...... 

GingerApple
Just now, Jibuti said:

fuckin retarded brits.... no surprise you went from top world colonialists to midget island renters...... 

:rofl:l

Do explain your disdain...?

Mr_B
1 minute ago, Jibuti said:

:lol:

Cheers for the help, il try some suggestions when I'm home :thumbsup:

Jibuti
2 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

:rofl:l

Do explain your disdain...?

no need, I am uebermensch, and you are not...what is your nick today, fucker...?

3 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

:lol:

Cheers for the help, il try some suggestions when I'm home :thumbsup:

well.. opening caseback and leaving it that way for 145 years will do just fine, mate...

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Jibuti said:

.what is your nick today, fucker...?

Oh dear god, @ROLIE has more sway over this forum than I thought.

Wunch of bankers.

deju
4 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

This^^^

or use those silica pouches that you get in the box when you buy new electronics.

Jibuti
1 minute ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Oh dear god, @ROLIE has more sway over this forum than I thought.

Wunch of bankers.

Just pay a visit to a local pub, it is almost 10am, you are too late, you prick...call me in 5 mins when you are under the table.

cvp3

Submerge in a bowl of rice. Works for cell phones. 

porschespeedster

Open the crown.

Surround the thing with your lips like it's a Cheech and Chong bong and you're a teenager.

Boom, fixed

Mr_B

33ops.jpg

Been busy so I've only just got round to the Tudor. Opened the caseback and put it in a tub of rice, il grease the caseback gasket and reassemble tomorrow. Fingers crossed that should cure the issue.
I was actually pleased how clean the movement is, I've had some dirty bastards in the past but this one is very clean. :lol:

blueoysterboy
On 12/10/2019 at 22:57, Rx4Time said:

+2

GenTLe

Remove caseback and put it in a warm place, bottom up, covered with a clean rag. I.e. on the central heating system (with temperature not over 45°C). I'd let the watch to run while in this position.

GingerApple
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Remove caseback and put it in a warm place, bottom up, covered with a clean rag. I.e. on the central heating system (with temperature not over 45°C). I'd let the watch to run while in this position.

See @pickledbeetroot!!!!!! Wot I said innit!!!!!

BadPickle
3 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

See @pickledbeetroot!!!!!! Wot I said innit!!!!!

Yeah, both wrong, he’s a clueless cunt too. 
who’s gonna run a central heating system at 45Deg? It’d take about 3 weeks for the room to get warm. 
just because the nobhead spouts words, doesn’t make him clever, you’ve proved that with your relentless amounts of no good advice. He’s just a ssteal wannabee, and we know what happened to him. 

putting it on a warm surface isn’t a fix now is it?

Flinnt

Okay kiddies, it’s science time with an extra special experiment even you can try at home. 

Take one bowl or any waterproof container of similar size. Fill it 2/3rds of the way with rice. Now fill it up with the elixer of life, no not that whisky you wasteful fucker, I meant water...room temperature water (unless you run your central heating at over 45 degrees C you fucking lizard, I mean normal room temperature, rooms for humans who don’t fall for that hot yoga scam).

Now say the magic words “The webs they do lie, and every dumb cunt repeats those lies”. You’ll need to say this many times because we’re gonna let this sit for a while and repetition works, repetition works when overcoming a good old new fashioned brain washing by the webs. 
Now quickly kids, listen carefully, I’ve only got a minute. ‘Where do I have to be?’, you ask. Nowhere, I was talking about your attention span. 

Now where were we, that’s right, the webs they do lie and every dumb cunt repeats those lies...keep going, you read those damn lies enough to believe them so it’s gonna take a while. Repetition works repetition works. 

The whole time watch closely as that rice doesn’t do fucking anything, doesn’t absorb any water, doesn’t even get wet when it’s surrounded by water. It’s a fucking duck. (If you have pet ducks and are dyslexic it’s time to stop yourself about now, this is a kids science show).

So is rice the super absorbent wonder tool you’re gonna use to magically suck that moisture out? Or are you the super absorbent wonder tool for believing the webs?

Now go use silica gel sachets if you didn’t eat them already. 

Mr_B
13 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Okay kiddies, it’s science time with an extra special experiment even you can try at home. 

Take one bowl or any waterproof container of similar size. Fill it 2/3rds of the way with rice. Now fill it up with the elixer of life, no not that whisky you wasteful fucker, I meant water...room temperature water (unless you run your central heating at over 45 degrees C you fucking lizard, I mean normal room temperature, rooms for humans who don’t fall for that hot yoga scam).

Now say the magic words “The webs they do lie, and every dumb cunt repeats those lies”. You’ll need to say this many times because we’re gonna let this sit for a while and repetition works, repetition works when overcoming a good old new fashioned brain washing by the webs. 
Now quickly kids, listen carefully, I’ve only got a minute. ‘Where do I have to be?’, you ask. Nowhere, I was talking about your attention span. 

Now where were we, that’s right, the webs they do lie and every dumb cunt repeats those lies...keep going, you read those damn lies enough to believe them so it’s gonna take a while. Repetition works repetition works. 

The whole time watch closely as that rice doesn’t do fucking anything, doesn’t absorb any water, doesn’t even get wet when it’s surrounded by water. It’s a fucking duck. (If you have pet ducks and are dyslexic it’s time to stop yourself about now, this is a kids science show).

So is rice the super absorbent wonder tool you’re gonna use to magically suck that moisture out? Or are you the super absorbent wonder tool for believing the webs?

Now go use silica gel sachets if you didn’t eat them already. 

I want some of what you are smoking. :lol: 

Watch is all sorted now, it's had all day in the rice followed by ten minutes on minimum setting with the hair dryer. 

Flinnt
3 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

I want some of what you are smoking. :lol: 

Watch is all sorted now, it's had all day in the rice followed by ten minutes on minimum setting with the hair dryer. 

AU$20 a gram, fiddy for 3, a hunjie for 7. Customs risks are definitely on you!