Dr Fun Socks

Gmf vs noob v7 CHS batman 116710blnr comparison

Dr Fun Socks

Batman chs mini comparison

So ive been lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, to have owned the two big players in the batman CHS market over the last few months, the noob and the gmf. Unlucky because i got the noob one with a ‘keyless issue’ that turned out to be the entire watch is fucked. But lucky in that i now have what i believe to be the best of both worlds. 

zWTCj.jpg

Honestly its a bit of a pointless review because my eyes are about as good at spotting differences as the average human is at seeing farts. But there are one or two things to take away from it. Kswatches review of the gmf vs gen was great, but lets be honest gen isn’t really an option for most of us. 

I probably should of done the review before i changed the gmf, hindsight is a wonderful thing! Also worth noting is the

Noob is in varying states of disassembly through out the pictures... but its not boxed up and on its way to kj2020 for some research and analysis into why the chs movements suck so much, but thats another story. 

For reference the gmf will be above, noob underneath. The noob has no hands for a start so if you cant tell the difference there, you really don’t need to read a comparison! 

Starting with the easy bits:

Dial

To me not much different. Possibly noob takes it with ever so slightly rounder markers. 

zWLat.jpg

zW2JF.jpg

Date wheel

The noob is better. I didnt take pictures, but it is. Gmf is much more 2d than the noob, but neither come close to the 3d glossy loveliness that is a v6s. 

Sels

Could be a rolex review without mentioning sels... again not a lot in it. Pick a side and be a dick about it! I also know nothing about lugs, crown guards, case shapes, so no point waffling on about that. 

zWa83.jpg

zWWAn.jpg

zWep2.jpg

zW5FE.jpg

Hands

Now to the interesting points... at least to me. The gmt hand on the gmf is unacceptable. Its fucking massive. The idea of the gen is a nice little pyramid of handy fun. Noob isnt far off this (pics of the noob are my chs 116710ln, it had hands fitted so it made sense). I nicked the gmt hand from the noob and stuck it on the gmf. It looks better, but i still may swap the the rest if the hands for noob as they are miles better. 

zWqYD.jpg

zWyaJ.jpg

zW1pP.jpg

Gen for reference

zW9GW.jpg

Crystal

The gmf is better. I have a prof 2xar on the gmf now because i had one lying about, but i wont be chucking out the old crystal, its decent. 

Lume

Strange fact, the gmf hands glow green when under a uv light, but blue when you turn it off. Noob is all blue all the way. Im sure someone smarter than me can chime in here. Got to give it to noob for that reason, the gmf glows brighter longer but its brand new. Gmf left, noob 116710ln right. 

zWlwK.jpg

zWQY8.jpg

Insert

Last and definitely not least the insert. Its a case of although the gmf is clearly better, if it had the depth of the engraving the noob had it would be really bloody good. Im not saying its bad, its not, in fact its almost definitely the best out of the box batman inset available. Look at the 6 and 18 markers for that. Yet im still tempted to get the noob platinum plated and see what it looks like. A boy can dream! I didnt take pictures of of every number because its long and unnecessary, people only care about the 6 and the 18!

zW88Q.jpg

zWr7L.jpg

zWBzR.jpg

zW6AS.jpg

So whats the verdict? Well thats for you to decide! I mean really I’ve gone to at least some effort writing this, what the hell have you done? Make your own mind up! :) but in all seriousness buy a prof crystal, nothing else compares. 

Some shots of the gmf with noob gmt hand. 

zWPi1.jpg

zWpVv.jpg

CollieWobbles

:Applause:

The_Proctometrist

thanks for doing this it was very interesting. at the end of the day, I would probably go with the noob...

Genius

Nice comparison, the thing that kills the 2 tone ceramic for me is the visible step in the engraving 

deju
10 minutes ago, Genius said:

Nice comparison, the thing that kills the 2 tone ceramic for me is the visible step in the engraving 

I'd love a BLNR but I know for a fact I would not wear it without going Franken with Gen bezel.

Genius
34 minutes ago, deju said:

I'd love a BLNR but I know for a fact I would not wear it without going Franken with Gen bezel.

gen bezels are crazy money, considered it but couldnt justify the spend.  Ended up buying a gen LN bezel but the ARF GMT I was planning on fitting to still hasn't been released so it sits in a drawer with a load of other parts 

deju
4 minutes ago, Genius said:

gen bezels are crazy money, considered it but couldnt justify the spend.  Ended up buying a gen LN bezel but the ARF GMT I was planning on fitting to still hasn't been released so it sits in a drawer with a load of other parts 

Great news is the gen bezels increase in price!!! 

Dr Fun Socks
8 hours ago, Genius said:

Did you get it from me about a year ago on rwi? Funny if so haha! Yeah i like the noob for the most part. Im considering getting a 0.5mm file and going to town on that step...