Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Daytona II 44mm with Swiss ETA?

DW-Watches
OK, not a joke, I got it.

What is the size and movement?

Thanks!

48MM With Japanese 127 jewel movement, assembled in switzerland. 440 steel plated in 20 layers of 24kt gold. The only way you can tell it's replica is if you take it to a jeweler and his head explodes :thumbsup:

$1500, COD.

WatchMe007

Is the idea that Rolex would respond to the Big Watch trend by releasing a Big-tona that far fetched?

Luthier
OK, not a joke, I got it.

What is the size and movement?

Thanks!

48MM With Japanese 127 jewel movement, assembled in switzerland. 440 steel plated in 20 layers of 24kt gold. The only way you can tell it's replica is if you take it to a jeweler and his head explodes :D

$1500, COD.

You forgot to add - shipped from Nigeria.

;)

Luthier
Someone posted that the factories had modded the 7750 to add extra jewels to the seconds at 6 movement and make it more reliable. Any of you guys know if it's the truth?

I like the idea of a 44mm, if only Rokex did :D

Fixed for you.

And... Rolex don't make most of their watches in PVD, but you buy it.

Maybe, RoKex do... ;)

Sooo...

;)

wat44

like I said at the start - ask for a Bremont - see wat they say

Luthier
like I said at the start - ask for a Bremont - see wat they say

Why should I ask about that ugly watch, that I'd never buy even for $1?

You have the link, you ask.

wat44

ummm

you dont get it, do you?

good luck with the 44mm "Daytona"

wat44

join the queue - behind Col and I....

the point is, if they claim they can do anything and are going to scam you, ask for something you know they cant do and see what they say

Luthier

Already did, and got honest answer - we don't have Breitling SOH V2.

I don't think they're scammers, they sell mostly cheap stuff, but some watches equipped with Valjoux ETA, and overpriced too much, they also have watches with Asian 7750, and seems prices are OK. I just don't see any point to use them, if I have Mary and Robert.

What they said about "can do anything" mean - they let me choose the dial color, movement, brushed or polished case, etc.

opus9
Talked to Sally (salesperson), she measured the watch, and confirmed - it's 44mm. And she said it's Swiss Valjoux 7750.

http://www.progiftstore.com/rolex-daytona-...rs-p-16699.html

My question is... as far as I know, original 7750 has seconds @9 configuration, but this one - seconds @6.

Here's the link to their Daytonas II. All 44mm...

http://www.progiftstore.com/index.php?main...;categories_id=

Is something fishy there?

They're in HK. And they can make the watch by your specifications - dial color, brushed or polished cases, etc.

Maybe I have to pay them a visit?

I suppose dealers like Robert and Mary would know the score?if they are available and of that quality, I am sure they would be promoting them?

regards

opus9

prestigewatchco

Luthier just for you I am getting the XL daytona sent over to look at they are 42/43mm though

My watch guy says the very latest Daytona have extra jewels on the 6 gears for sure

opus9
Luthier just for you I am getting the XL daytona sent over to look at they are 42/43mm though

My watch guy says the very latest Daytona have extra jewels on the 6 gears for sure

Oh no...more friggen cash going to be burned..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

REGARDS

opus9

ThinkBachs
You guys have never heard of the Daytona II? Talk about behind the times....I'm releasing the Daytona III sometime this week.

I'm hoping to get it in black....

Fake-Rolex-can-u-tell-the-difference.jpg

Keep us updated!

ThinkBachs

Rolex 4113, 44mm case...

1942-Rolex-Ref.jpg

"With its light-faded numerals and less than immaculate dial, the 1942 Rolex chronograph that appeared as lot 129 in the Christie's flagship Geneva watch sale on Monday hardly looked a million dollars – but that’s what it fetched, establishing a new record price for any Rolex at auction.

As is often the case with highly collectable watches, the price was not governed by the material from which the piece was made – the case was a simple, stainless steel one – but by rarity: just 12 examples of the reference 4113 are thought to have been made and only eight survive. As a result, several leading collectors from around the world were vying to own it, with the eventual winner being an anonymous bidder who had to stump up a premium-inclusive $1,163,340 to beat off the opposition.

Back in May 2004, Christie’s set a Rolex record when it sold a reference 6062 triple calendar model for SFr 465,000, a price that was almost matched last November when Sotheby’s achieved SFr 464,500 for a 1969 Cosmograph Daytona ‘Paul Newman’ – but, until now, no vintage Rolex has managed to break through the magic seven-figure barrier.

As well as being exceptionally rare, the ref 4113 model is also ultra-desirable because of its large case size – 44mm – and the fact that it is the only split seconds chronograph model ever produced by Rolex. Extensive research by Christie’s watch department head Aurel Bacs revealed that it had the split seconds feature for a very good reason: every known example of the model has had a link with the world of car racing.

Even more specifically, the majority of those that have been offered for sale during the past 30 years have connections with Sicily which, as many Classic Driver readers will know, was the home of the ‘Giro Automobilistico di Sicilia’, once the biggest closed circuit race in Europe and later known as the Targa Florio. Although the event was postponed from 1940 to 1948, it seems possible that the reference 4113s, which were all completed in 1942, were in some way connected with it – one notable ref 4113 owner was Stefano La Motta, Barone di Salinella, who died in the 1951 race after his Alfa 1900 hit a house at high speed.

The Christie’s watch was last seen at auction in London in October 1991 – when it fetched less than £60,000.

Despite the large sum achieved, the Rolex was merely the fourth most expensive watch sold at Christie’s on Monday. The top price of – wait for it – $3.6 million was paid for a 1928 Patek Philippe single button chronograph; and two other Pateks each made more than $1.2 million apiece."

ThinkBachs

$930 is ridiculous for that watch- I'd rather pay Spinmaster for one of his and pocket the savings. B) With that said, here's a gen photo to enjoy....

Photos20-2015062.jpg

KeNnY

I really like the ceramic bezel... well but reps are only PVD I think B)

fel66
why not - if youre in the neibourhood - go and see them

can they do a Bremont?

bremont-p-51-xl.jpg

beautiful! tell me where can we order this marvel

I just sent a message to Mary to see if she can find me a reply

Wait and see ...

Luthier

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Can't wait...