Sign in to follow this  
ivess3

Rolex DSSD ARF mod

ivess3

I have tried to search here on the forum for someone that can either mod or improve on the arf dssd I have bought. I contacted Rolex addicts on here but he only deals with vintage. Again apologise if this has been covered but struggling in the search to find. Thanks in advance

GenTLe

That's nearly perfect, what do you want to improve?

ivess3

If nearly perfect I guess I will leave alone. Reading posts on here over the past couple of years I see things like the crowns, bezel, case edges and crystal often are mentioned by if these are as good as can be you have answered my question. I will probably get nick on here to service as date wheel around middle of month often jumps two days at a time.

The title of this topic perhaps isn't the best as I have an AP barrichello, hublot greengo and IWC big pilot. If I am looking for mods to be done who can I go to.

Viking95

I would say the ARF is close.

Check your crystal height as the gen is flush to the bezel. Would need to be re-pressed.

Date wheel font is not going be as good as gen and the ARF hands are different as well. 

Check the modded section here for a list or approved watchmakers as these are common / easy fixes. Just need to source the hands and date wheel.

ivess3

Many thanks for the info