Waj

First Impressions: Patek Philippe Replica (ZF) - PHOTO LINKS.

Waj

Greetings all, lurker and finally decided to purchase a replica Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A from ZF factory via Robbie, who claimed this is a super rep. 

First impressions from a guy who has borrowed a gen: 

• At a glance, you won't be able to tell it's a replica.
  • Feels great on the wrist. Slim, with extremely close width to the original. 
  • Quality is top notch, gorgeous  brushed steel bezels and polished steel. Beautiful. 
  • Noisy movement, but keeps time well (if worn)
  • Just feels and looks great on the wrist. 
  • Compliments: Clients complimented it, fiance loves it. Friend who owns a gen thought I bought one on the secondary market and joked how it looked better on me then it did him. We had a laugh when I confessed it was a rep. ;)
  • Summary thoughts: Had this on wrist for a week, in love with this watch. Feels and looks great, sporty yet chic. Masculine yet elegant. I highly recommend this replica. 

Photos on wrist: 

3WcdK.jpg

3WJZR.jpg

3Wgxv.jpg

I can do a detailed write up if folks are interested. Just wanted to share my quick first impressions after a week on the wrist. 

Thanks RWG forums for fostering such a friendly and informative community. 

Cheers!

Edited by Waj

GingerApple

Nice first post! Welcome!

What would you say about the weight compared to Gen?  My ZF feels incredibly light  - which is quite a good thing in terms of comfort, but I suspect the Gen is considerably heavier.

Also, these are some of the sexiest photos ever seen on a Rep forum. They almost make mewant to buy a tight, white jumper.

Alhig72

Welcome to the forum,
I also have one, ,while our taste in jumpers may differ as I'm considerably older and fatter than you and would not be able to pull off that look I agree that the watches are great 45e3faf00b74f2eb447e74e9d2306851.jpgfd236c17caff32f06a17714244affda0.jpgcf6ec25635ab155f9e4d3417e73adbd6.jpg

Waj

@TheGingerFerret Haha, thanks for the compliment on the jumper. Go to Asos.com (this one is pretty similar), you can find them on the cheap there. The gen is actually very light, like a feather at 63.5 grams. In fact, I think the replica is heavier. I haven't weighed it, but it feels like 70-80 grams. Good question, I'll give it a weigh. 

@Alhig72 Sits nicely on your wrist! Thanks for the welcome. 

The rep is indeed gorgeous, and my current favorite watch in my collection (despite it being the only rep, but certainly not the last). I certainly hope it holds up over the years. Robbie has been efficient and quite friendly and assuring with any questions I had during the sales process. 

I'm now hooked, researching my next rep purchase! 

Theviking

Very nice post/taste/photos. Welcome.

Waj

@Theviking cheers! 

Jasonbaylee

I’m sure the 5168 is as good as this when repped.

Nice introduction there mate!

Glaude

Great review with some nice pics ! Thanks for sharing and it does look good on you indeed !

The_Proctometrist

My goodness that is a breathtaking time piece.  Thank you for sharing and congrats. 

BadApple

This is me and my IWC Portuguese 5224 with Yellow Gold case.... note the subdial arrangement.  Shirt - George of Asda.

Thumbnail-1024x683.jpg

Waj

Hey @Badapple

You just be really popular on Twoo.com! The hottest dating website in India.

C9-F442-C3-20-B3-4-E60-9199-86-B2-B6-F4-

GingerApple

Lol, BadApple OWNED!

Jasonbaylee

Either owned or Busted! Hahahaha

Kleen™
2 hours ago, Waj said:

Hey @Badapple

: rofl :

Edited by Kleen™

Glaude
18 hours ago, Waj said:

Hey @Badapple

:rofl: 

You deserve an award for that response ! 

Stick along, you're going to blend in just fine with us !

Waj

Haha thank you @Glaude

Frankly amazed at the charm and friendliness of the people here. A true treasure trove of information and passion!

Just pulled the trigger on two more reps: 

IWC Mark XVIII IWC327010

Seamster 300 "Spectre" Limited Edition Nato Strap A8400

Will post impressions again when they come around. 

1911431.jpeg.transform.buying-options_wa

omega_seamaster_300_spectre.jpg__1536x0_

Edited by Waj

Caff3ry

Also greetings from down under i'm in SYD looking at buying the same watch did you purchase from pure time? I'm also new to the game and was wondering what the best site or TD was for buying the 5165a although I was initially interested in the rose gold one I saw someone mention tarnishing on the gold and now am more inclined to buy a SS one. Any help would be great thanks and thank you for the photos WAJ looks great!

https://puretimewatch.io/aquanaut-5165a-38-5mm-ss-zf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-324cs-free-box.html

Waj

@Caff3ryHey mate, good to hear from you.

i have found anything rose gold/gold plated will inevitably tarnish over time.  So if you’re planning to make it a daily watch rather than the occasional formal event then I’d suggest stainless steel pieces. 

The listing you shared is a quality replica, but note that the case size is off (the gen is 40mm and the one you posted is 38.5mm) which at a glance none can notice. But the difference is there.

I purchased this one which is near flawless:

https://puretimewatch.io/aquanaut-5167a-ss-zf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-324cs-free-box.html

I first found the items on pure time then contacted TD Robbie for a purchase.

Edited by Waj

sharkman07

Fantastic review, thank you. Been thinking hard about getting one of these

Waj

Thanks man.

It’s a fantastic watch. Here’s a new photo showing more clear detail of the dial.

c177f2546a32bee1b6a94c0cb8738aef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharkman07
14 minutes ago, Waj said:

Thanks man.

It’s a fantastic watch. Here’s a new photo showing more clear detail of the dial.

c177f2546a32bee1b6a94c0cb8738aef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sunburst effect looks VERY gen-like in natural light. It's quite hard to get the correct color graduations on a rep.

trissoryen
On 21/10/2019 at 20:47, Waj said:

Greetings all, lurker and finally decided to purchase a replica Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A from ZF factory via Robbie, who claimed this is a super rep. 

• Quality is top notch, gorgeous  brushed steel bezels and polished steel. Beautiful. 
  • Compliments: Clients complimented it, fiance loves it. Friend who owns a gen thought I bought one on the secondary market and joked how it looked better on me then it did him. We had a laugh when I confessed it was a rep. ;)
  • Summary thoughts: Had this on wrist for a week, in love with this watch. Feels and looks great, sporty yet chic. Masculine yet elegant. I highly recommend this replica. 

Photos on wrist: 

3WcdK.jpg

3WJZR.jpg

3Wgxv.jpg

I can do a detailed write up if folks are interested. Just wanted to share my quick first impressions after a week on the wrist. 

Cheers!

What made you decide to go for ZF over MK or PPF? I’m trying to educate myself on the differences before I spend £500 on a Nautilus. 

an6
On 21/10/2019 at 21:47, Waj said:

Photos on wrist: 

3WcdK.jpg

3WJZR.jpg

3Wgxv.jpg

Cheers!

It looks great on your wrist. May I ask what your wrist size is?

an6
  • Compliments: Clients complimented it, fiance loves it. Friend who owns a gen thought I bought one on the secondary market and joked how it looked better on me then it did him. We had a laugh when I confessed it was a rep.
Photos on wrist: 
3WcdK.jpg
3WJZR.jpg
3Wgxv.jpg
Cheers!
May I ask you what your wrist size is. I am in between the 5165a and 5167a.

Sent from my M2007J3SY using Tapatalk

BadApple

long gone......