gottahaverolex

PAM 005k from Josh finally here!

wat44

I like 000 005 and 201a

tony has 005 for $198

or is it jsut better to go for DW's 201

Im such a noob at this

gottahaverolex

ok, so I worked on this all night. Keyless works needed rebuilt and set lever screw had come out of the set lever, hence the reason the stem wouldnt stay in because the screw wouldn't tighten. Completely disassembled the movement, put it all back together and it ran and worked correctly. I wound it 20 times (no I didn't over wind it!) and wiiiizzzzzz, the fucker blew up. I'm going to need a new 6497 for it. Does anyone have one they would sell me? What a bummer :)

opus9
Could be that the stem release screw was loose....may happened during shipping

You can try to Tighten the screw and unscrew it again by 1,5 turn and try to insert the stem again....if that doesn't work the keyless works is probably outligned

so you are saying it is broken.

I'd get a 21,600 vph plain jane asian 6497 and have it transplanted.

I have ordered this watch (well the Brooklyn Bridge Version) with Asian 6497 Manual Handwind Movement.I am told its a safe reliable and workhorse movement..is that true houndoggie?

regards

opus9

Del

It normally is opus but clearly, as the case above demonstrates, you can always get a bad one. :)

gottahaverolex

Been working on this thing all day! Had it working correctly and was ready to re-case it, then when I removed the stem and reinserted it it doesn't wind. Only adjusts time on both crown settings. I'm not giving up yet!!

kolchak

total bummer about the shitty mvmnt but props for trying to fix it yourself. My only recourse would be putting it back on a slow boat to china.

Assuming it worked correctly, what do think about quality of case, dial, CG, lume, etc?

I NEED a new pam & would love to know how new H factory Pams stack up with DW's.

gottahaverolex
total bummer about the shitty mvmnt but props for trying to fix it yourself. My only recourse would be putting it back on a slow boat to china.

Assuming it worked correctly, what do think about quality of case, dial, CG, lume, etc?

I NEED a new pam & would love to know how new H factory Pams stack up with DW's.

It is absolutely brilliant! That's really why I'm putting so much time into trying to fix it, I just wanna wear the damn thing! Josh said he'd fix it up if i send it back but I don't wanna wait another 3 months for this watch again.

gottahaverolex

Fuck me! It's a broken main spring. if anybody has one they can send me I will be forever in your debt!!!!!

Member X

;)

Hassle!! lol

You should be able to get one on ebay, or pop over to HomageForum and one of the guys on there might have one spare :clap:

Silverspeed

Better to replace the whole movement, a decent quality 6497 should be about $35

houndoggie

It is absolutely brilliant! That's really why I'm putting so much time into trying to fix it, I just wanna wear the damn thing! Josh said he'd fix it up if i send it back but I don't wanna wait another 3 months for this watch again.

buy another one, send that back to get fixed and then sell it on RG for big bucks!

gottahaverolex

buy another one, send that back to get fixed and then sell it on RG for big bucks!

Actuallt HD, I am trying to find someone that has the in stock and doing just that! Or maybe a donation to the free strap thread, mine will just include a free watch!

gottahaverolex

VERDICT! Watch is going back to Josh for repair. Upon it's return it will be donated to the forum for whatever the mods see fit. In the meantime, Toro has the 318 in stock so I just ordered and paid for it. It should be here super fast as he's sending it fedex. It's a win win for me and the forum! hooray!