Sign in to follow this  
nyc1836

Looking for a Rolex day/date or datejust S/S 41MM

nyc1836

I am looking Looking for a Rolex day/date or datejust S/S prefer 41MM. I gave up on the DSSD for now.I just don't trust the pearl. Does any one know of who has a good rep stainless steel (I don't buy gold reps) day/date or datejust 41mm with coin/fluted bezel. I prefer dark face with diamonds, on face only or similar, regular or Jubilee Bracelet.I don't care for ETA or clone movements.

If you have any other suggestions I am ready to listen.Here are 2 examples of what I am looking for.

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=9807

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=9801

Thanks

Elliot

Member X

It looks like you've found a couple that fit the bill perfectly there, and as a Trusted Dealer on here TS is a good bet. Check the other Trusted Dealer sites also, or you can email them direct with a picture to request them to check if something you want is available.

If you did want to stretch to clone ETA with correct sweep of the seconds hand, TS also have some special offers on the DJII and DDII. They are $158 each, iirc, which seems a bargain.

Be aware that there are only a few dials out on the gen DJIIs and DDIIs, so you may be buying a 'fantasy' dial if you do opt for one with CZ/diamond markers. But if that doesn't bother you then that's cool, you're unlikely to be called out at any point anyway because I understand the rest of the watch is really quite good.

nyc1836
It looks like you've found a couple that fit the bill perfectly there, and as a Trusted Dealer on here TS is a good bet. Check the other Trusted Dealer sites also, or you can email them direct with a picture to request them to check if something you want is available.

If you did want to stretch to clone ETA with correct sweep of the seconds hand, TS also have some special offers on the DJII and DDII. They are $158 each, iirc, which seems a bargain.

Be aware that there are only a few dials out on the gen DJIIs and DDIIs, so you may be buying a 'fantasy' dial if you do opt for one with CZ/diamond markers. But if that doesn't bother you then that's cool, you're unlikely to be called out at any point anyway because I understand the rest of the watch is really quite good.

I was wondering what the quality of these watches are like

http://www.silix-prime.com/rol200-p-2113.html

http://www.silix-prime.com/rol046-p-1964.html

King

I just ordered a similar DDII from Mary, but with roman numerals and a non-fluted bezel. I'll post pics when I get it.

nyc1836
I just ordered a similar DDII from Mary, but with roman numerals and a non-fluted bezel. I'll post pics when I get it.

how much if you don't mind

Member X

ETA from mary is usually $218 (I think that's for swiss, I can't remember!)

NYC - check Mary's section as she has listed a lovely 21j DDII with Mother of Pearl dial previously :)

King

how much if you don't mind

Not at all -- $200 with asian clone ETA movement. I'm guessing she could get it with a 21j movement for less, however.

Re the watches you posted, the $88 TS version looks much more accurate than the $54 silix (rehaut not engraved, bracelet looks off, hologram off, bezel less defined, etc.). I think the TS version is worth the extra $34, but they're both bargains.

Personally, I would go with the $158 TS version with clone ETA movement mentioned above by Member X. I went with Mary simply because I wasn't blown away by the "ice blue" dial on the TS reps -- Mary's looks more "gen-like" to me.

King

Forgot to mention -- the silix version looks like the smaller DJ, as opposed to the larger DJII that you're looking for.

NFleischer

DSC00338.jpg

I would go with Robert's or TTs, both with clone movent and under $200. I just got this one with 'Swiss'

also about $200. You can't go wrong for that money.

tah

I got the 41mm DD from Mary (Watch International) and the 41mm DJ from Andrew (Trusty Tiime) and they are both awesome.

These just might be the most accurate reps out right now...........

Sure harder to see flaws on these than almost any Sub out right now, still can't understand the bad rehaut alignment on the Sub vs MOST of the other reps right now!

Edited by tah