Sign in to follow this  
SevenSevenFifty

How anal are you with your reps?

SevenSevenFifty

For example if you order an ULTIMATE (anything), and you find that the date is just 1mm off centered, or the bezel is not engraved deep enough, or the caseback is slightly misaligned, would you go berserk?

Personally, I wouldn't expect 100% accuracy from a rep, even 80-90% would be fine for me. If I wanted a rep that is at an exact 1:1 scale to the gen, I would buy the gen. There is no point of buying a rep expecting an exact 100% copy of the gen.

Luthier

Same with me.

myaz

I'd be disappointed if an expensive "ultimate" rep had a date that was not centered. I couldn't care less about the back which is not visible anyways.

ALL the reps I see in the threads here have dates that are centered enough for me. But I wouldn't go berserk. Not worth the stomach lining.

I just got an inexpensive rep where the days of the week, the Sunday and Monday markers are reversed (when it points to Monday, the next day it jumps to Sunday) and it doesn't bother me.

kolchak

Before buying a specific version of any rep most people know what to expect. Anyone who blows a head tube over minor issues beyond known flaws

needs to find a new hobby. If something had a major QC issue or arrived damaged, I'd politely ask to have it corrected & hope for a good resolution.

Never let them see you sweat.

opus9

I bought the ultimate dssd (pvd)..its great,but I am so anal... that the pearl is bugging the shit out of me..its to small and is not even in the same league as the pearl on my gen sub...apart from that everything really really amazing...even down to the layered rolex crown etched at the 6 position on the sapphire glass...but that bloody pearl has to go....

OFFICIALLY O.C.D.

regards

opus9

Balad1

I get the squirts (diarrhea) when a new rep arrives and it's not perfect, does that make me anal?

opus9
I get the squirts (diarrhea) when a new rep arrives and it's not perfect, does that make me anal?

Morning balad,

I see that photograph of you guys in your combats...which one are you?

regards

opus9

Balad1

Morning balad,

regards

opus9

Evening to you from Hawaii,

I be the stud with the custom shoulder holster, 2nd from left.

opus9

Morning balad,

regards

opus9

Evening to you from Hawaii,

I be the stud with the custom shoulder holster, 2nd from left.

AHH your Clint Eastwood...lol

regards

opus9

KeNnY
AHH your Clint Eastwood...lol

regards

opus9

lol :)

How anal am I ? If there is possible fix , I will fix it my self, if not, then I can still decide if I want to buy that watch in first place..

mbjoer

It is difficult to answer in general terms. It depends on the price and the issue.

Now when the dealers send QC pics many such issues can be picked up before the watch arrives to me. Also it helps to have a good dealer.

I had an instance where I did not spot a problem on a watch, and accepted it. But then Mary did, and she took it upon herself to reject it.

But I do agree that 100 precision cannot be expected however expensive the rep is. Until now I have not had reason to send back a watch due to quality issues.

Eiderdaus
For example if you order an ULTIMATE (anything), and you find that the date is just 1mm off centered, or the bezel is not engraved deep enough, or the caseback is slightly misaligned, would you go berserk?

Personally, I wouldn't expect 100% accuracy from a rep, even 80-90% would be fine for me. If I wanted a rep that is at an exact 1:1 scale to the gen, I would buy the gen. There is no point of buying a rep expecting an exact 100% copy of the gen.

Makes no Sense to me. If we could all afford buying Gens we would.

edwelly

I think if I am paying $800+ for one of the Ultimate Super Duper PAMs, then it is needs to be 95% or better. But then again, I wouldn't pay that for a REP. I do think paying $300 for a UPO and getting upset that it isn't perfect is quite silly - it is not supped to be perfect.

Bosox

I am certainly not very anal about a rep, as most people would not ever notice the imperfections on it. So, as long as I like its look and it keeps good time, I'm happy. Of course, I will not wear the Ulysse Nardin Executive Dual Time rep I just received into the shop where I bought a gen UN in February.

houndoggie
I think if I am paying $800+ for one of the Ultimate Super Duper PAMs, then it is needs to be 95% or better. But then again, I wouldn't pay that for a REP. I do think paying $300 for a UPO and getting upset that it isn't perfect is quite silly - it is not supped to be perfect.

not necessary to pay that much anymore. All the best PAM reps are now less than $400 (mostly in the $230 range). Once you start modding, it can add up, but it is NO LONGER needed.

houndoggie

not necessary to pay that much anymore. All the best PAM reps are now less than $400 (mostly in the $230 range). Once you start modding, it can add up, but it is NO LONGER needed.

What bugs me is crappy lume.

edwelly

I do wish REPs were more water resistant. I bought a nice Seiko for water wear but would have much rather had a nice Omega rep that I could swim in.

David543

I think I have a sliding scale of analness depending how much I have just spent... £80 and im amazed ny the quality, £400 and I'd be harder to please.

Happiness is NOT finding the irritating flaw!

SevenSevenFifty
I do wish REPs were more water resistant. I bought a nice Seiko for water wear but would have much rather had a nice Omega rep that I could swim in.

+1

NCRich

Not that anal (as I sit here futzing with the sticky link on this Omega).

Water resistance would be nice, but that is why I have a Timex Ironman for the pool.

amuthon

+1

look at the member to member sales on the other rep fora,

massive selling of the highly modded PAMS nowadays.

looks like panic...panik.gif

Balad1

+1K