Intresting

ARF and VRF (NOT Mary's IR) and new CHS 3186 movments

Intresting

Just reading about this on RWI.    Looks like the next rep battle  will be GMTs.    New CHS movements that don't break and make expensive paperweights.    Our  TD Trusty has one of them.   uld Waiting for the BLNR and Pepsi iterations.  Should be a cracker.   
Thanks @Chiquita Fanjita for pointing out the errors.   

Edited by Intresting

The_Proctometrist
Just now, Intresting said:

Just reading about this on RWI.    Looks like the next rep battle  will be GMTs.    New CHS movements that don't break and make expensive paperweights.    Our  TD Trusty has one of them.   uld Waiting for the BLNR and Pepsi iterations.  Should be a cracker.

how exciting, i don't have a GMT yet!

black263

I didn't have a Rolex until I won a  GMT at the GTG.   Unfortunately the date changes at midday, so it's with Rolie to be fixed.

Chiquita Fanjita

You’ve put down VRF as Mary’s IRF in the title. VRF and IRF are totally separate factories. They used to be one in the same, but IRF are now a completely separate entity making their own watches, so if it is VRF making these new CHS GMT’s it won’t have anything to do with IRF, especially if they bring out their own model.

BadApple
59 minutes ago, Intresting said:

TITLE INCORRECT / NOT FACTUAL DICKHEAD

The_Proctometrist
23 minutes ago, BIGandBOLD said:

sasdw.gif

yikes!! BB spanks again!

Intresting
34 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

You’ve put down VRF as Mary’s IRF in the title. VRF and IRF are totally separate factories. They used to be one in the same, but IRF are now a completely separate entity making their own watches, so if it is VRF making these new CHS GMT’s it won’t have anything to do with IRF, especially if they bring out their own model.

thanks mate

31 minutes ago, BIGandBOLD said:

oh no.   there are numskull big font asses everywhere....

The_Proctometrist

giphy.gif

Chiquita Fanjita

Pity both of them have flaws.  The bezel on the ARF looks pretty good, but the DWO font is way too thick and vice versa on the VRF - bezel not as good, but DWO looks miles better.

Intresting

Same issue with the ARF subs?

Chiquita Fanjita
14 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Same issue with the ARF subs?

Yip, ARF Subs have the same thick DWO.

NCRich

Ceramic pepsi in gen is an awful cheap looking watch.  I just can't like it and I've got 10 pepsi's of various flavors.  Personal preference I guess.  I bought a 2836 GMT BLNR when they first came out years ago, never seen enough improvement on it to buy another.

Then again I just don't like new era subs at all anyway.

The_Proctometrist

Thank you @NCRich & @Chiquita Fanjita for for your excellent moderating. It is appreciated. @Intrestingyou are not allowed to quit RWG. Read the fine print. 

Intresting

what fine print.

BadApple
4 minutes ago, Intresting said:

what fine print.

HELLO MATE - don't go :cry:

Rx4Time

Are these the mythical true 3186 clones or another variation of the modified 28XX movements with a GMT module?  The ARF I looked at yesterday, the balance looked like an ETA without the microadjust screw..but I'm not a movement expert.   

37 minutes ago, Intresting said:

what fine print.

you may not leave RWG....you are here forever and ever and ever....

Intresting
2 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

ah.  that fine print.   :D  thanks.  I usually give as good as any can dish out.   Yesterday was.... exceptional.  Caught me at a low point.   But thanks to @TheGingerFerret excellent suggestion of how I can ban unwanted numskulls from my time here at RWG.   

Intresting
8 hours ago, NCRich said:

Ceramic pepsi in gen is an awful cheap looking watch.  I just can't like it and I've got 10 pepsi's of various flavors.  Personal preference I guess.  I bought a 2836 GMT BLNR when they first came out years ago, never seen enough improvement on it to buy another.

Then again I just don't like new era subs at all anyway.

Just looking at your vintage sea dwellers post, and I can appreciate why  :D  those look legit.   I have been hanging out for a BLNR for a bit,  but the movement issues, the peeling paint have held me back.   Lets see how this goes.

GenTLe
3 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Are these the mythical true 3186 clones or another variation of the modified 28XX movements with a GMT module?  The ARF I looked at yesterday, the balance looked like an ETA without the microadjust screw..but I'm not a movement expert.   

There should be a real one now... Still have to see in a TD site anyway.

The_Proctometrist
4 hours ago, Intresting said:

what fine print.

just joking mate, glad you are staying. cheers.

Intresting
2 hours ago, ballandbiscuit said:

just joking mate, glad you are staying. cheers.

thanks buddy. 

The_Proctometrist
25 minutes ago, Intresting said:

thanks buddy. 

:dingleberry-nemesis:

GenTLe
Intresting

They are both listed as VRF.  But look at the joint lines at 18. They are different. How strange.  The speed bumps also does not look good.  VRF Coronet on rehaut doesnt line up too.   Will wait for the boffins here to take it apart an anal-lyse it.  Glad prices are pealing back from those charged by Noob though !

Chiquita Fanjita
39 minutes ago, Intresting said:

They are both listed as VRF.  But look at the joint lines at 18. They are different. How strange.  The speed bumps also does not look good.  VRF Coronet on rehaut doesnt line up too.   Will wait for the boffins here to take it apart an anal-lyse it.  Glad prices are pealing back from those charged by Noob though !

Noticed the lines at 18 myself.  The one on in-times site has the split between the black and blue in the correct place per the gen, whereas the puretime version has it in between the 1 and the 8 which is wrong.  Can also see a colour difference in the platinum on the 8 where the black and blue meet in the in-time version.  Also noticed the misaligned coronet on the rehaut, but despite it being annoying,  isn't purely a VRF issue.  Not sure what mean by speed bumps mind you.