Bjd1020

Noob V10 GMT disappointment

Bjd1020

After 700 dollars....my watch arrived I took it out of the box and began to remove the plastic as I turned the watch over the bezel litterally fell off. The only thing holing it on was gravity.......extremely disappointed. My TD said to send it back and theyll "try" to fix it.......4994b8aebff3e0a433038e793f641630.jpg6007934b80a2b0e38752fb635d71d0fc.jpgcddf2f3a59f9f5b08c2cf50a0b02772b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fatarms

At that price point, things like this shouldn't happen.  Unfortunately, in the rep world they do at just about any price point.  Before sending it back, let this thread run its course to see if more knowledgeable modders/tinkerers may have a solution for you.  Hopefully it's an easy fix.  I've been around for a while and have tried to mod a few watches in my time, but I'm not too versed on what actually holds a bezel assembly in place on a watch.  I know there are gaskets and tension springs, but how they work are beyond my understanding.  Like I said, hopefully someone here can help you with an easy fix to avoid the postage fees and the long wait time of returning a watch to China.

Bjd1020

Thanks for the quick reply. I can see how this ring spring functions I looks as though its swedged in from the top side as the ring has to be able to flex in the 3 post holes. I have done tons of repairs inuding rebuilding several 7750s from scratch so I have a lot of capability but to do that the would take special tooling. Unless im seeing this wrong. I do hope to hear some others who may know more. I can glue it easily but then the bezel will not be able to rotate and for the price I paid thats unacceptable. The noob is supposed to be the best and what boggles me is how they didnt see this before shipping. The bezel was literally held on by the rubber protector and thats it just turning the watch upside down and it falls off. Im sorta pissed cause the TD doesnt seem too eager to help and this is the second watch ive purchased in the last week. Almost a grand in total. I wont mention his name but hes one with the better reputations. Ill hold off on reporting to see if he makes it right.

fatarms

I forgot you're the 7750 guy...  bezels are definitely a different animal when it comes to assembly.  The thing is, I would assume that they way a bezel assembly is held in place is a little more generic than a specific movement assembly.  And I agree, if gravity was the only thing holding this in place, I can't say for sure, but I would doubt that anything in the shipping process would knock a bezel assembly out of place.  From what I've read, those assemblies are held in place by tension springs and gaskets.  Neither of which should've been affected by a properly packaged watch in shipping.

Bjd1020

Hhhaaa. The 7750 guy. Im a fan. Thanks. Indeed. When I emailed him he right away said "it was fine when shipped". It wasnt the thing was just sitting in place when I got it. If they can tell me how the thing is held on i may be able to fix it but from what im seeing its a defect. He should just send me a new watch and let me send this one back. Hes offered to allow me to send it back but like you said thatll take weeks. Im not happy at all about this. If I have to I will get paypal involved. Id hate to do that because hes got a steller rep. I did my homework and its why I picked him and this factory. Grrrrrr. Anyway....hopefully...im missing something and its an easy fix. I know how a real Rolex bezel works....lol. and the crazy thing is the rep is more complex....a real rolex bezelis held in with one little spring and not this sort of flexible rotating design which is ten times more costly to manufacture. Im going to bed.....maybe a few little gnomes will visit my work bench tonight and fix my watch while I sleep.

The_Proctometrist
21 minutes ago, Bjd1020 said:

Hhhaaa. The 7750 guy. Im a fan. Thanks. Indeed. When I emailed him he right away said "it was fine when shipped". It wasnt the thing was just sitting in place when I got it. If they can tell me how the thing is held on i may be able to fix it but from what im seeing its a defect. He should just send me a new watch and let me send this one back. Hes offered to allow me to send it back but like you said thatll take weeks. Im not happy at all about this. If I have to I will get paypal involved. Id hate to do that because hes got a steller rep. I did my homework and its why I picked him and this factory. Grrrrrr. Anyway....hopefully...im missing something and its an easy fix. I know how a real Rolex bezel works....lol. and the crazy thing is the rep is more complex....a real rolex bezelis held in with one little spring and not this sort of flexible rotating design which is ten times more costly to manufacture. Im going to bed.....maybe a few little gnomes will visit my work bench tonight and fix my watch while I sleep.

i understand your disappointment mate.  quality control seems to be an issue at all price points in the rep world.  if you are interested there are several youtube videos on this subject. some TDs like Mary do a more rigorous quality control and pack their watches carefully but in reality that can happen to anybody.

Intresting
1 hour ago, Bjd1020 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I can see how this ring spring functions I looks as though its swedged in from the top side as the ring has to be able to flex in the 3 post holes. I have done tons of repairs inuding rebuilding several 7750s from scratch so I have a lot of capability but to do that the would take special tooling. Unless im seeing this wrong. I do hope to hear some others who may know more. I can glue it easily but then the bezel will not be able to rotate and for the price I paid thats unacceptable. The noob is supposed to be the best and what boggles me is how they didnt see this before shipping. The bezel was literally held on by the rubber protector and thats it just turning the watch upside down and it falls off. Im sorta pissed cause the TD doesnt seem too eager to help and this is the second watch ive purchased in the last week. Almost a grand in total. I wont mention his name but hes one with the better reputations. Ill hold off on reporting to see if he makes it right.

That explains all the movements on the table in the background of your picture.   So sorry it happened to you.  Must be absolutely frustrating.  

Chiquita Fanjita

There should be three click springs around the bezel, i.e. where the three metal “dots” are you can see. As the bezel is off the watch head these will have surely fallen out as the bezel assembly keeps them in place. They are tiny and a fucker to get seated again on the watch head, but tweezers, patience and some swearing and they do just drop back in to the three locations. Once the click springs are in place the bezel assembly just clicks onto the watch head with pressure and should then turn as it should.

If there were no click springs lying in the packaging, I’d get back on to your TD (you can PM me if you want to let me know who your TD is, as this really isn’t acceptable and should’ve clearly been picked up in QC) and ask them to send you a set. Once they arrive it should be an easy fix.

brang1

Well done to the OP for coming on with a legit issue, but not screaming and ranting for blood from the TD. Mod stepped in to help, and thats how things should go around here. Mistakes happen, hopefully the TD will get it right

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Bjd1020 said:

I have done tons of repairs inuding rebuilding several 7750s from scratch

:lmao:

You're brilliant :rofl:

Literally every post you make. Awesome.

Sorry to hear about the watch though. That's pretty unusual, in fact I’m  not sure I've EVER heard someone complain that a high end rep with ceramic bezel just fell off. 

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, brang1 said:

Well done to the OP for coming on with a legit issue, but not screaming and ranting for blood from the TD. Mod stepped in to help, and thats how things should go around here. Mistakes happen, hopefully the TD will get it right

Errrrr, he has threatened a PayPal chargeback so I'm not sure he should be put on too high a pedestal....

brang1
16 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Errrrr, he has threatened a PayPal chargeback so I'm not sure he should be put on too high a pedestal....

i was just impressed he didn't come on and name the TD and give an almighty spray after a few posts, he has a definite issue that is for certain

Chiquita Fanjita
32 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Definitely! That is not allowed, hence why I’ve asked him to PM me to let me know who the TD is.

BadApple

I had a strap drop off on unpacking a PAM from a dear departed TD but a bezel !!! 

Farbeit for me to say but I suggest it was off when packed and was received by the TD in the state you received it. Mine wasn't a transit issue and doubt this is. 

Admire the restraint 

Bjd1020

Yes I will get paypal involved if it isnt made right. Its not a threat. Id have to be pointing out the TD to make it a threat. It was a RWG TD. And yes I have been in contact. First of all thank you for the insight. I went back and am certain that there were no springs to begin with as you have mentioned. This is what I have. See pics. I am beginning to wonder if they were ever even installed or if I actually got the watch in the QC pics.... I will be investigating. The TD isnt really doing what I would feel is the right thing. Hes offered to have it shipped back which isnt much. I will be gathering all the facts once this is all settled and post the details. I have asked the TD to send me another bezel assembly so that I can reinstall it. Waiting for a response. I may also ask for the springs as it would be an easy fix. Trust me im not hard to please.....but id expect to be made whole. Its the right thing to do.

Rokerite

If you get Paypal involved you will end up being banned from the forum and you won't get the watch put right. Leave it with the mod's as if the TD doesn't sort it out they will be the ones in trouble with the mods, (and possibly lose TD status) and not you. 

Chiquita Fanjita
21 minutes ago, Bjd1020 said:

Yes I will get paypal involved if it isnt made right. Its not a threat. Id have to be pointing out the TD to make it a threat. It was a RWG TD. And yes I have been in contact. First of all thank you for the insight. I went back and am certain that there were no springs to begin with as you have mentioned. This is what I have. See pics. I am beginning to wonder if they were ever even installed or if I actually got the watch in the QC pics.... I will be investigating. The TD isnt really doing what I would feel is the right thing. Hes offered to have it shipped back which isnt much. I will be gathering all the facts once this is all settled and post the details. I have asked the TD to send me another bezel assembly so that I can reinstall it. Waiting for a response. I may also ask for the springs as it would be an easy fix. Trust me im not hard to please.....but id expect to be made whole. Its the right thing to do.

First and foremost, DO NOT get PayPal involved before seeking help from the staff here, or you will be banned not only from here, but all other watch fora.

As a moderator I have asked you to PM me with the details of the TD, as if they aren’t being co-operative we like to know about it.

If the bezel has no issues, I don’t see why you have asked for a new bezel assembly as this will be exactly the same as you already have. What the TD needs to send you (fully at their cost) is a set of three complete click springs. Once these are in hand, it should be an easy fix. If these don’t remedy the situation, or the bezel assembly is actually already damaged, then of course you are fully entitled to get a full replacement assembly.

To reiterate, continue to communicate for a positive outcome with the TD, while informing either myself or another member of staff via PM who the TD is. If no solution is forthcoming, then please ask us to step in and deal with the TD for you. If in the very rare occasion that this proves fruitless, then we would review the TD’s status and you are free to pursue a claim with PayPal.

Bjd1020
If you get Paypal involved you will end up being banned from the forum and you won't get the watch put right. Leave it with the mod's as if the TD doesn't sort it out they will be the ones in trouble with the mods, (and possibly lose TD status) and not you. 
I get it ......however if it isnt made right I will get them involved. I am not in a rush.....and I have every intention to give everyone the time and opportunity to get it right.

Bjd1020

I again I will do what it takes to give it the time ot needs to get straight.....but if all else fails I will go to them. I doubt that will happen.

Bjd1020

And thanks for the information. Its extremely helpful. Im not angry just dissapointed. I had ordered a deep sea dweller last week and was extremely pleased. I am certain itll get resolved. Im new to this and will approach it cautiously. I dont want to get banned as Im excited to be in this new hobby. I would prefer to do the fix myself so the info provided is very helpful.

rikracy

How or why a TD could let this watch be shipped with an issue like this....surely a major oversight their end has occurred!.....something you'd expect from Dhgate not a TD!!

Op... I'm gutted for you!!

I'm sure our great Mod's will get it resolved....and I'd also like to hear the TD's explanation too!!!

Bjd1020
How or why a TD could let this watch be shipped with an issue like this....surely a major oversight their end has occurred!.....something you'd expect from Dhgate not a TD!!
Op... I'm gutted for you!!
I'm sure our great Mod's will get it resolved....and I'd also like to hear the TD's explanation too!!!

Yeah. I think itll get resolved. Like I said I want to look back at qc pics to see to confirm a few things. The watch was openned over my table and if in fact there were supposed to be springs to hold it in they were not there or anywhere.

GingerApple
56 minutes ago, Bjd1020 said:

You remind me of a chap who investigated and exposed a scammer on her once, and  exposed a watchmaker called TC;  you sound very thorough.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Bjd1020
You remind me of a chap who investigated and exposed a scammer on her once, and  exposed a watchmaker called TC;  you sound very thorough.
Good luck getting it sorted.
Man......I seriously dont want to be that guy.... I just want my watch like everybody else.

GingerApple
17 minutes ago, Bjd1020 said:

Man......I seriously dont want to be that guy.... I just want my watch like everybody else.

Then seriously, stop making foolhardy threats. Your seem a really decent guy, and I understand your frustration, but work with the mods. Don't start making threats to do chargebacks - that just draws attention to the TDs.  Then their accounts are frozen and no one else gets to use PayPal. If the mods can't get a satisfactory resolution, then they will give you the go ahead to do chargeback, but that's the only time to do it - with their express say so.  Don't worry, it will be resolved.