Bjd1020

Noob V10 GMT disappointment

Ziggymarly

There's not click springs to keep it in place. It's glued on which is why it probably fell off. Source : I've taken mine off for crystal replacement

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Chiquita Fanjita

After some quick detective work, I have found out who your TD is since it looks like you don’t want to PM me and tell me who it is. 

I would expect this TD to be reasonable and resolve any issues, but do keep us updated.

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

After some quick detective work, I have found out who your TD is since it looks like you don’t want to PM me and tell me who it is. 

I would expect this TD to be reasonable and resolve any issues, but do keep us updated.

This seems weird @Bjd1020. You're actively NOT seeking moderator help by the look of it. Why?

GenTLe

From the first 2 pictures I'd say nothing is missing.

The spring is clearly there, it is a wire spring that goes around the slotted ring (which also act as crystal retainer).

From this spring 3 'pips' stick out and they should fit the 3 little holes in the bezel.

Are you sure you don't simply need to put back the bezel on the 3 pips, and press it down with a concave crystal press that acts only on the external metal part of the bezel (do NOT push on the ceramic insert)?

And, if the pips are broken, then you only need a new wire spring.

Look here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/221531-gmt-ii-bezel-spring-retainer

The spring is that one in background and it is visible on your case too.

Bjd1020
This seems weird [mention=105915]Bjd1020[/mention]. You're actively NOT seeking moderator help by the look of it. Why?
Hes been messaged. Thanks for the heads up. I had totally missed that. I think the app I use for forum tracking is a little sketchy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The spring is clearly there, it is a wire spring that goes around the slotted ring (which also act as crystal retainer).
From this spring 3 'pips' stick out and they should fit the 3 little holes in the bezel.
Are you sure you don't simply need to put back the bezel on the 3 pips, and press it down with a concave crystal press that acts only on the external metal part of the bezel (do NOT push on the ceramic insert)?
Look here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/221531-gmt-ii-bezel-spring-retainer

Ok. So I have the ring with the pips that stick out. They are in tact. But they fit into 3 slotted holes on the bezel. They have a sliding fit. So the bezel does not stay attached to this ring. Ill post a video to you tube and share the link. Stand by.

Bjd1020

So here is a link to a video of the watch.

As you can see the ring with the pips....fits into the bezel but the pips are not oversized and they slide right back out if you turn the watch. Am I looking at this wrong? It will all go together perfectly and function perfectly but theres nothing holding the bezel to the ring spring with the pips.

Chiquita Fanjita

Hf5dv.jpg

These are what the click springs look like that fit into the watch head under the bezel. Do you have these?

Bjd1020
Are you sure???? The way this spring is designed it has to be able to expand as it rides the outer edge of the bumper.....hence the reason for the slotted hole on the bezel.....if you glue those 3 posts into the 3 holes on the bezel it will not beable to expand as it rides the bumps and if it does itll just break the glued connection.  

Ziggymarly
Are you sure???? The way this spring is designed it has to be able to expand as it rides the outer edge of the bumper.....hence the reason for the slotted hole on the bezel.....if you glue those 3 posts into the 3 holes on the bezel it will not beable to expand as it rides the bumps and if it does itll just break the glued connection.  Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I gave up and have sent it off to someone else to try

Bjd1020

I honestly think there should be something that is clipped to the top of the pip before the bezel insert is added. To hold it in place. Thats the only way this will work at least thats the way my engineering degree has pointed me........ofcourse I am no match for the ingenuity of those Chinese engineers so I could be wrong.

Bjd1020
I gave up and have sent it off to someone else to try

Soooooo...youre not sure???

Rx4Time

I'm not sure on the 6 digit ceramic, but the 5 digit I used to have you had to remove the insert to properly place the bezel assembly in place.  Could this be the case? 

Bjd1020
I'm not sure on the 6 digit ceramic, but the 5 digit I used to have you had to remove the insert to properly place the bezel assembly in place.  Could this be the case? 
I have a theory that you are correct. With the insert removed you can see the pips top as the poke through the holes and this is where the clips would attach to hold it to the bezel.

Misiekped

The spring with the pips has nothing to do with holding the bezel
The plastic hyrtle gasket (present ont the left in your video clip) holds the bezel on the crystal clamp
2 min job to put it together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bjd1020
The plastic hyrtle gasket (present ont the left in your video clip) holds the bezel on the crystal clamp

I have made some progress. Thanks to the thread woth the diy and youre correct. However when I get it together theres a gap between the bezel and the case. The bezel is holding but i just dont think its seated properly. Im going to attempt to retry to see if I can get a better fit. Thanks for the reply. Once I have it back together I will repost.

Flinnt

It looks like the tension ring fitted around the crystal gasket has been installed upside down. On Noobs the bottom step of the ‘steps’ on the tension ring should be toward the case, but on yours looks like the bottom step is toward the crystal. If you take this off and turn it around you will then be able to press the bezel on over the top step and into the bottom step, with the top step now holding it in place. 
On Noobs it’s this tension ring that holds the bezel on. 
That’s at least what it looks like to me from those photos. 

Rx4Time
2 hours ago, Bjd1020 said:

I have made some progress. Thanks to the thread woth the diy and youre correct. However when I get it together theres a gap between the bezel and the case. The bezel is holding but i just dont think its seated properly. Im going to attempt to retry to see if I can get a better fit. Thanks for the reply. Once I have it back together I will repost.

Misiekiped built my GMT franken.  He's one of the most knowledgeable watchsmiths I know and he's done alot of builds with swapping out the rep bezel assembly for genuine.  Him and tickleshoes are the ones I'd recommend reaching out to if you are still stuck.  My guess is the hytrel gasket is the culprit though. 

Flinnt
30 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

My guess is the hytrel gasket is the culprit though. 

At least on Noob subs the hyrtel gasket holds the crystal, then the tension ring goes around the hyrtel gasket with the inner of this ring securing the hyrtel gasket firmly to the case and the outer of the ring has ‘steps’ with the larger diameter step up towards the crystal and the smaller diameter step down towards the case. The bezel then can be pressed over the larger step onto the smaller step and holds the bezel in place by that larger step. 
This tension ring looks to be the wrong way around in the photos. If it is, the result would be the bezel would just fall off with gravity and not be able to be seated by pressing it on...exactly the symptoms OP notes. 
The hyrtel gasket doesn’t have any steps to hold the bezel and the tension ring sits between the hyrtel gasket and the bezel, so I don’t think it’s the hyrtel gasket. 
At least that’s how Noob subs work and the photo of this GMT appears the same. 
Turn that tension ring around and the problem should be solved. 

GenTLe
Hf5dv.jpg
These are what the click springs look like that fit into the watch head under the bezel. Do you have these?
These are for the sub, not for the GMT

GenTLe
So here is a link to a video of the watch.

As you can see the ring with the pips....fits into the bezel but the pips are not oversized and they slide right back out if you turn the watch. Am I looking at this wrong? It will all go together perfectly and function perfectly but theres nothing holding the bezel to the ring spring with the pips.

The bezel isn't kept in place by the pips. It is friction fit (with the nylon ring) on the crystal retainer ring. The pips are only to make it move accordingly to the slots in the crystal ring base.

THIS!!! ^^^^^

Misiekped
At least on Noob subs the hyrtel gasket holds the crystal, then the tension ring goes around the hyrtel gasket with the inner of this ring securing the hyrtel gasket firmly to the case and the outer of the ring has ‘steps’ with the larger diameter step up towards the crystal and the smaller diameter step down towards the case. The bezel then can be pressed over the larger step onto the smaller step and holds the bezel in place by that larger step. 
This tension ring looks to be the wrong way around in the photos. If it is, the result would be the bezel would just fall off with gravity and not be able to be seated by pressing it on...exactly the symptoms OP notes. 
The hyrtel gasket doesn’t have any steps to hold the bezel and the tension ring sits between the hyrtel gasket and the bezel, so I don’t think it’s the hyrtel gasket. 
At least that’s how Noob subs work and the photo of this GMT appears the same. 
Turn that tension ring around and the problem should be solved. 

You just did confuse few thousand of members

tonyh7

I know these noob 'my watch is fucked' threads tend to go a bit sour, but that really doesn't sepak of a great QC process. However, it's the rep game, and all can be resolved with patience. But $700! Fuck me that's a lot for a watch with a dicky bezel. 

the_frenchman

This thread shows again one of my main reasons why i have a limit on reps of 400$ . Over that amount i would go for a gen .  Sometimes we forget that these watches come from random factories and assembled in fuck who knows....

This shows again that NOOB quality control is sometimes so crap because of his massive production in all kind of watches . 
Plus i would even think that watch didnt even came to the TD hands , maybe some noob worker of him with no experience .....

Bjd1020

2 min job my ass. Ive tried now 3 times and each time the gasket gets mangled a bit more. I have mic'd the gasket dia as 1.321" x .020" and assume they are teflon as I will need to order a new one. The TD has offrred to compensate me for the install. As you can see from the pictures one is from the advertisement and ine is my attempt as installing. I am having and issue getting it seated. I am happy to know this is def progress. It doesnt absolve the issue of the watch showing up in peices. What I have learned that I think is the most dishaertening is the send back policy. They offer zero protection. All in all because I can strip a 7750 with my eyes closed (shout out to fatfarms) it doesn make it a bit easier. If I had to have this repaired by someone else itd be a different story. Any info on where to source the gasket aside from cas ker and other industrial suppliers would be helpful. I will conduct the usual search. Big thanks to the ones who pointed out the diy. Thanks a lot for all the replies, jabs, and comments of support. 41cef1edf959d29c821e904aaeab444a.jpg59c895f4e541cda0432ec5ca5106791a.jpg