Bjd1020

Noob V10 GMT disappointment

J-G

Far be it from me to make accusations with no evidence but my guess would be that he actually removed the bezel himself and had no clue how to reattach it.

Just the feeling I got from the whole situation and not surprised he ended up banned.

Rokerite
2 minutes ago, J-G said:

Far be it from me to make accusations with no evidence but my guess would be that he actually removed the bezel himself and had no clue how to reattach it.

Just the feeling I got from the whole situation and not surprised he ended up banned.

Same here 

Slash
On 02/11/2019 at 17:16, TheGingerFerret said:

Then seriously, stop making foolhardy threats. Your seem a really decent guy, and I understand your frustration, but work with the mods. Don't start making threats to do chargebacks - that just draws attention to the TDs.  Then their accounts are frozen and no one else gets to use PayPal. If the mods can't get a satisfactory resolution, then they will give you the go ahead to do chargeback, but that's the only time to do it - with their express say so.  Don't worry, it will be resolved.

He’s not making any fool hardly threats. He’s simply saying if nothing is resolved after going the correct channel then he will request his money back, which (assuming he’s a U.K. buyer) he has every right to do under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015. But whether he’s willing to get banned or not is his choice. 

BadPickle
2 hours ago, Rokerite said:

That's why he didn't want to tell Chiquita Fanjita who the TD was, he was clearly planning this all along. Beginning to doubt the bezel falling off story now.

Just being banned from here won’t stop the PP dispute

fatarms

Goddammit.  I have a 7750 question, now who the hell am I gonna ask?  Way to go, mods :rolleyes:

The_Proctometrist
39 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Goddammit.  I have a 7750 question, now who the hell am I gonna ask?  Way to go, mods :rolleyes:

he's dismantled and remantled a bazillion they're on his mantle, go gave a look...

fatarms
10 minutes ago, ballandbiscuit said:

he's dismantled and remantled a bazillion they're on his mantle, go gave a look...

Yeah, but I wanna do it with my eyes tied around my back or whatever he said.

Glaude
1 hour ago, Slash said:

He’s not making any fool hardly threats. He’s simply saying if nothing is resolved after going the correct channel then he will request his money back, which (assuming he’s a U.K. buyer) he has every right to do under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015. But whether he’s willing to get banned or not is his choice. 

The Paypal dispute rule is simple : if you don't get the green light to do it from a staff member (which usually happen when there's nothing possible to do to get the matter resolve, but that never happen !) you don't do it, ever.

If you do it, you get banned from all rep forum.

He did the worst thing : did not contacted a mod, trying to lecture a mod about how to do things and then after reaching an agreement with the TD, still proceeded to dispute the payment on Paypal

Foxindebox
1 hour ago, Slash said:

I’m not sure the consumer rights act covers IP infringing goods, imported illegally into the UK (Assuming he’s a UK buyer)...

What’s more, he didn’t use the correct channel, did he?

Chiquita Fanjita
3 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

I’m not sure the consumer rights act covers IP infringing goods, imported illegally into the UK (Assuming he’s a UK buyer)...

:rofl: I think you might be right there mate.

For note, he wasn’t from the U.K.

Foxindebox
8 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

:rofl: I think you might be right there mate.

For note, he wasn’t from the U.K.

Excuse me my good man, it appears that this gram of “Cocaine” you sold me is cut with all manner of impurities from Paracetamol to Chalk dust with no small measure of Bicarbonate of Soda...

I therefore demand a refund under the Consumer Rights act or I will be forced to take you to the small claims court for goods not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act 1979

BadPickle

You’re kidding yourselves, all he’s got to do is tell PayPal “these goods are counterfeit, not what I ordered at all” and whoosh!! Money refunded, or if he’s tied his CC to his PP account then he’s got another angle to get his money back using the same line... “these goods aren’t what I ordered blah blah blah” 

it’s not rocket science and all the rep forum bans in the world can’t prevent it.  I’m not condoning by any stretch of the imagination, but shit happens. 

who was the dealer? 

14 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

Excuse me my good man, it appears that this gram of “Cocaine” you sold me is cut with all manner of impurities from Paracetamol to Chalk dust with no small measure of Bicarbonate of Soda...

I therefore demand a refund under the Consumer Rights act or I will be forced to take you to the small claims court for goods not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act 1979

FudgyDocker
1 minute ago, pickledbeetroot said:

who was the dealer? 

I'm guessing at TT

Foxindebox
2 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

You’re kidding yourselves, all he’s got to do is tell PayPal “these goods are counterfeit, not what I ordered at all” and whoosh!! Money refunded, or if he’s tied his CC to his PP account then he’s got another angle to get his money back using the same line... “these goods aren’t what I ordered blah blah blah” 

it’s not rocket science and all the rep forum bans in the world can’t prevent it.  I’m not condoning by any stretch of the imagination, but shit happens. 

who was the dealer? 

:rolleyes: You’re no fun...

BadPickle
3 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

I'm guessing at TT

I hope it’s Mary 

GingerApple
2 hours ago, Slash said:

Well, we disagreed on this point a year ago, it's not worth  discussing it again. If you're the sort of person who thinks a chargeback like that is acceptable, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

KHUKD.png

Intresting

I actually pm'ed the chap so that I will try to avoid the TD he used if possible.    He replied that he did not want to say, but he said he recommended aootime and Andrew (TT) wholeheartedly and will use them any time.    So for whats its worth....

The_Proctometrist
40 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

Too bad we were all cheering for the fucker, now he's gone. Did someone mention blow...

A knife, a fork, a bottle and a cork,
That's the way we spell New York right on

I've got cocaine running around my brain
Man oh man I've gotta be on the run
Because I'm out a sight you know
Because I'm dynamite

SCShrek

Good Lord at the train wreck I just read through....

Glaude
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

We know that this won't prevent the dispute, nothing can prevent it, even friends & family can't, that's just the only thing we can do, make sure he will have a hard time purchasing another rep for any TD on any forum

48 minutes ago, Intresting said:

I actually pm'ed the chap so that I will try to avoid the TD he used if possible.    He replied that he did not want to say, but he said he recommended aootime and Andrew (TT) wholeheartedly and will use them any time.    So for whats its worth....

Now that's a funny list he gave you ... @Chiquita Fanjita

1 hour ago, Foxindebox said:

Do drug dealers accept PayPal ? :D 

Intresting
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Now that's a funny list he gave you ... @Chiquita Fanjita

His words, from the relevant part of his email......

Hi. I do mind. Eventually he came a round. I will say this though......i have had limitted time in this and two tds stand out to me....

Aootime and Trusty.

Id recommend either of them.

-------------------

Its probably just me, but anyone who says rather loudly " I can do this ... or that....   and the whole 7750 blindfolded thing" is just a little self-aggrandizing.   Let's hope his actions (depending on extent)  don't  jeopardize the ability of the TD to accept PayPal which has snowball effects for us all.

Rx4Time
5 hours ago, J-G said:

I honestly wondered this also, but wanted to give benefit of the doubt.   A shame he did a PP chargeback.   Asses like him make it difficult for the rest of us.  

Slash
3 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Well, we disagreed on this point a year ago, it's not worth  discussing it again. If you're the sort of person who thinks a chargeback like that is acceptable, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

KHUKD.png

I never said it was okay. I have always given a passive opinion on how the law works kkst staying fact. In that that thread a year ago, I just stated how PayPal works, and how in a worse case scenario you can reclaim your money, and as a U.K. buyer, I have absolutely right to do as stated in our law. You may not like that fact, and every other watch collect for him to Beijing may not like it either. But if something is truly that bad AND AFTER BEING THROUGH THE CORRECT CHANNELS FIRST, then I personally do believe, in my humble opinion, that anyone on this forum should be allowed to request there money back, even if it means being ridiculed. I just know the law after being scammed on numerous occasions. But you have to give some credit (perhaps the not the right word to use, my apologies), but $700 is a lot of money, especially for a fake.  

let’s say your on a waiting list for a new car for, it cost you 40k. After a few months you receive your order to find out that heating is broken and the engine is missing. You’d be pretty p****d and you’d want your money back. but everyone else is telling you your not allowed to because it will hold up there orders on the waiting list. But let’s be honest, you wouldn’t really give a sh*t. 

In this case I 100% agree this guy was being and a***hole, and didn’t go through the correct channels first. I wasn’t defending him in anyway, just again, stating fact. Hopefully this clears things up, and perhaps gives a better insight to my opinion. Sometimes I can be a bit vague, and do not explain my point thoroughly enough. But hopefully now we can all move in and agree the OP in this thread was a complete and utter a***hole.  :) 

Edited by Slash
Added information

Slash
3 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

What’s more, he didn’t use the correct channel, did he?

The consumer rights act covers any online transaction, and as @pickledbeetroot quite rightly said, all you have to do is okay dumb and say you bought something genuine and revived a fake or illicit good. 

Foxindebox
5 hours ago, Slash said:

The consumer rights act covers any online transaction, and as @pickledbeetroot quite rightly said, all you have to do is okay dumb and say you bought something genuine and revived a fake or illicit good. 

I realise that... I was taking the piss...