Locus5135

Saying goodbye to gen, replcemwith reps!

Locus5135

Sold my gen 116655 recently. Now I’m looking to start a fabulous rep collection with the funds. Any suggestions on good reps to add to the collection?

RussP

Welcome to the forum.

Most of us stated in this hobby the other way around :thumbsup2:

The_Proctometrist
1 hour ago, Locus5135 said:

Sold my gen 116655 recently. Now I’m looking to start a fabulous rep collection with the funds. Any suggestions on good reps to add to the collection?

welcome, why not start with a 116655, the very watch you sold.

Rx4Time

What are your tastes/style preferences?  I know I've had a fabulous journey trying different pieces and styles the last few years.

Mike R

Great first post

I so wish I could believe this!

Anyway, welcome aboard :digging2:

Psssniper

I like your style kid

Intresting
7 hours ago, Locus5135 said:

:D  Welcome to the neverending Repland. 

deju
6 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

What are your tastes/style preferences?  I know I've had a fabulous journey trying different pieces and styles the last few years.

Yup he’s in for a rollercoaster! The hobby really panders to your ever changing wants and allows a lot more flexibility, take more risks than you might with Gens. 

Fun times ahead. 

BadPickle

Sold a 15grand Rolex to spend it all on reps, you’ve got big balls there pal :bananarider:

Intresting
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Sold a 15grand Rolex to spend it all on reps, you’ve got big balls there pal :bananarider:

Think his pockets are big... unless he stuffs the wads of cash down the pants too.  :)

CurioLeo

If it was just one of many watches,  have fun, there is a lot you can do with 15-20k :thumbsup:. If it was your "one good watch", you have to be the dumbest cunt on the planet when it comes to investing.   I am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go with the former. 

BadPickle
27 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

you have to be the dumbest cunt on the planet when it comes to investing.   

:daffy: 

deju
33 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:daffy: 

@CurioLeo tell us how you really feel mate, don’t hold back now 

GingerApple
1 hour ago, CurioLeo said:

If it was just one of many watches,  have fun, there is a lot you can do with 15-20k :thumbsup:. If it was your "one good watch", you have to be the dumbest cunt on the planet when it comes to investing.   I am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go with the former. 

Wait, what??? I actually am one of the dumbest cunts on the planet.  Do what do you mean? Why is he shit at investing. Why does it make a difference if he has one watch or ten? Help out a dumbo, I don't get it.

Glaude
3 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

If it was your "one good watch", you have to be the dumbest cunt on the planet when it comes to investing

Just remember, this is the flame free zone ;) 

CurioLeo
6 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Wait, what??? I actually am one of the dumbest cunts on the planet.  Do what do you mean? Why is he shit at investing. Why does it make a difference if he has one watch or ten? Help out a dumbo, I don't get it.

Well, like I said, if you have multiple watches worth 15-20k and sell one to play around with lots of high quality reps, that's OK. In fact, it is a lot of fun - best way to approach replicas as you sacrifice potential return on one for lots of enjoyment ! But if he sold his only Rolex sports watch to spend on replicas with very restricted resale target audience i.e replica watch forum members, then it was a  terrible financial decision.  

Edited by CurioLeo
Typos

hasel5

Fully understand why selling as a shit watch :analprobe:

RussP
7 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I thought it was pretty straight forward, GB :facepalm:

GingerApple
30 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Well, like I said, if you have multiple watches worth 15-20k and sell one to play around with lots of high quality reps, that's OK. In fact, it is a lot of fun - best way to approach replicas as you sacrifice potential return on one for lots of enjoyment ! But if he sold his only Rolex sports watch to spend on replicas with very restricted resale target audience i.e replica watch forum members, then it was a  terrible financial decision.  

But not all Rolex make a good investment. Many Rolex sell second hand for several thousand less than they were purchased for (and don't forget to factor in  servicing fees too). If you want to invest, buy shares.

CurioLeo
38 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

But not all Rolex make a good investment. Many Rolex sell second hand for several thousand less than they were purchased for (and don't forget to factor in  servicing fees too). If you want to invest, buy shares.

Sure, No argument  there but if  your options are a second hand Rolex or a bunch of replicas, which one is the better investment ????

deju
50 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Pffft I’m not servicing my Rolex, fucker can just be right 2x a Day :rofl:

GingerApple
46 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Sure, No argument  there but if  your options are a second hand Rolex or a bunch of replicas, which one is the better investment ????

Yeah, I guess. I suppose my point is I don't think that should be the question. The question should be which one gives you more pleasure. A  solitary £15-20k watch or 50 high end reps. Invest with shares if you want to invest, enjoy wearing watches. Maybe I'm just being defensive because I chose to buy a shitload of reps over one expensive Gen.

BadPickle
1 hour ago, CurioLeo said:

Where does he say he’s looking for an investment?   

CurioLeo

Anyway, we have gone way off track. In response to the original question, I wpuld get a TC FD Yachmaster (could go all out anf get a superfranken with all that spare cash) to replace the one that's gone, enjoy it while you research the alignment between what you like and what is available as a high quality rep and go from there. Stop when you blow all the money from the Rollie :rofl: sell the shitty reps that no longer do it for you and go again :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, deju said:

@CurioLeo tell us how you really feel mate, don’t hold back now 

Mate, I usually do.  Sometimes the tone can be hard to get right online. 

CurioLeo
8 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Where does he say he’s looking for an investment?   

All expenditure is an investment. The question is what you are investing in - monetary return,  long term security, shelter, sustenance, enjoyment, prestige and bragging rights etc. .. whatever floats your boat but selling a "potentially appreciating" asset for "instantly depreciated to zero" asset needs to return a shitload of enjoyment and prestige to justify the move and I would think a gen Rolex would provide more of those than a rep.  For all the bragging rights of dozens of replica  watches to replace one gen, you would still know it is a replica.