Locus5135

Saying goodbye to gen, replcemwith reps!

BadPickle
Just now, CurioLeo said:

All expenditure is an investment. The question is what you are investing in - monetary return,  long term security, shelter, sustenance, enjoyment, prestige and bragging rights etc. .. whatever floats your boat but selling a "potentially appreciating" asset for "instantly depreciated to zero" asset needs to return a shitload of enjoyment and prestige to justify the move and I would think a gen Rolex would provide more of those than a rep.  For all the bragging rights of dozens of replica  watches to replace one gen, you would still know it is a replica.

Bullshit answer,  you were trying to ridicule the OP for selling something of high monetary value and buying a load of cheap Chinese crap. 

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Anyway, we have gone way off track

But we do that so well at RWG! :)

8 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

and bragging rights etc. .. whatever floats your boat .....

For all the bragging rights of dozens of replica  watches to replace one gen, you would still know it is a replica.

What's with all the bragging? Is that why you buy reps? Come on now....

CurioLeo
5 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Bullshit answer,  you were trying to ridicule the OP for selling something of high monetary value and buying a load of cheap Chinese crap. 

Why BS ?  I fully acknowledge I still hold that position but they might see value in doing do so

CurioLeo
4 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

But we do that so well at RWG! :)

What's with all the bragging? Is that why you buy reps? Come on now....

Mate, surely you have seen enough of my posts to know I don't need to pull out the reps for bragging rights if I really wanted to.  I have more gens than reps as well as gens of the reps which is why I buy the high end reps to start with - try before you buy so to speak.

The_Proctometrist

I buy them cheap, I buy them high end and middle of the road.  Reps are the bane of my existence, a curse I can't stop. I need HELP!!!

Abe Fromen

I started with gens and moved to reps when someone showed me a rep Panerai and I honestly couldn't tell the diff between mine and his. Anyone who has gens and I've showed them my reps have questioned why the hell they spend thousands when they could spend hundreds to get the same watch (essentially). I still have a couple of gens, but the reps do the lions share of wrist time. 

To the OP... replace the gen with a rep of the watch you sold and buy a few others that you always wanted without guilt. I would suggest the Blancpain 50F as it is about as 1 to 1 as you can get, looks great, wears great and that lume!!

GenTLe

I started with reps, moved on with reps, got some "shitty microbrands or seiko crap gen" (PBR trademark), and don't care if with all those reps I could by now have bought a gen AP or 5/6 decent second wrist gens :D
And I perfectly understand @CurioLeo in what he is saying :) But his money, his choices :)

Intresting

After all this, I would just like to know what the OP has pulled his trigger on since Monday. :D

Mike R
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

After all this, I would just like to know what the OP has pulled his trigger on since Monday. :D

One hit (post) wonder

Intresting
2 minutes ago, Mike R said:

One hit (post) wonder

that makes one one better than you eh?  :rofl:

Mike R
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

that makes one one better than you eh?  :rofl:

I don’t get the joke

Intresting
21 minutes ago, Mike R said:

I don’t get the joke

If that was a one hit (post) wonder,  what would one better than you mean?