DANDUX

My first AP rep RO 15400 blue dial LITE EDITION

DANDUX

Hi

So i bought my first AP rep and wanted to do a quick review of the watch and the seller.

I went for the RO 15400 blue dial LITE EDITION (cheap) i found on kuvarsit website.

Actually i bought the rose gold version but the QC pics kuvarsit sent me showed some flaws with the dial and AP logo croocked so after he showed me 2 rose gold watch i didn't accepted i went for the steel version.

Transaction with the seller was okay not perfect, not much responsive it took some time before he showed me a proper rep and send it to me.But he's friendly and i got what i expected.

So here we come, THE WATCH  !

KjJXI.jpg
KzZRb.jpg
Kjxq4.jpg
KjVbc.jpg
KjgUX.jpg
KzDQi.jpg
KzhZt.jpg
Kzzhp.jpg
Kz3n5.jpg
KzHsF.jpg

So this is the LITE EDITION i bought 177 dollars and it have some flaws compared to the JF or OMF i saw here.

The movement is 2813 automatic asian it work at lower bps so you can see some hesitation it's not super smooth and have like 6+ sec per day.

The bracelet and clasp are good it feel good on the wrist no problem.

Biggest flaw on this rep for me is the text and submarkers.You can see the size font bold and color is wrong on the "Audemars piquet Automatic Swiss Made"

I find it Too thin and not as "bold" "thick" and "white" as the gen or even JFv5 or OMF.It's hard to read it properly in the light outside.

Also the spiral pattern on the dial, it's should not come over the text as you can see it does on this rep that made it even harder to read.

The calendar works but slow, it start moving at 11:30 pm and show the proper date at 12:10 pm

This version is pretty thin less than 10mm if im right.

lume is shitty, it don't last much so it's useless at night.

Engravings are "ok"

Rotor is poorly made

I find it a bit expensive for a rep ! even if it's real saphirre glass with AR im pretty sure it's similar to the 50dollar rep on DHgate.

So if you want my advice, save a bit more and buy a proper version like JF and OMF because this one have flaws.

Edited by DANDUX

TheRealWatchLover

Really Great review.. I read with alot of interest as I'm out looking for the very best version in order to not have those issues..  So for JF which is the very best ? is that v5 and do you know the price to expect if hoping for  1:1 version.

DANDUX
On 11/11/2019 at 12:42, TheRealWatchLover said:

Really Great review.. I read with alot of interest as I'm out looking for the very best version in order to not have those issues..  So for JF which is the very best ? is that v5 and do you know the price to expect if hoping for  1:1 version.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, from what i saw and heard the best versions are from JF (the v5 now) and OMF.

Both are pretty simillar. You can get the OMF for 400$ and the JF cost a bit more like 430$.

You can find the comparative thread  between the 2 versions to help you to choose.

deju

So you knocked back a flawed dial for this dial?! 

I know it’s $177 light version so I can over look the brushing, but that dial is definitely factory seconds the (Petite Tapestrie @Glaude?) Giulloche is wonky and the etching gives up around the markers 

personally I’d buy a DHgate Quartz and dial swap. 

Glaude
1 hour ago, deju said:

(Petite Tapestrie @Glaude?)

Grande Tapestrie for the 15400, Mega Tapestrie for the ROO series, Petite Tapestrie is only for the vintage RO and the current 15202 :) 

deju
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Grande Tapestrie for the 15400, Mega Tapestrie for the ROO series, Petite Tapestrie is only for the vintage RO and the current 15202 :) 

Cheers man, I Knew you would know :D