Alan32

good week/bad week

Alan32

Just bought two cracking watches from two members of the forum (thanks guys!) however got a  Omega speedmaster  >15000 gaus from the gate which was defective (see thread in dh gate)

K5Dlj.jpg 

then I was looking for something on ebay and came across this

K5z2I.jpg K53nc.jpg K5Zf4.jpg

Thought decent stainless steel quartz for £6.99 whats not to like.

this is what arrived

K5Adp.jpg

I wasn't expecting high horology but I did expect a working, GREEN, stainless steel quartz watch:picard2:

Alan32

PS the second hand came of the speedmaster as well.

An Optimist says he has a half full cup

A Pessimist says his cup is half empty

I'm just thankful I've got a cup and there is something in it!!!!!:Shocked:

CurioLeo

Don't see a problem.....round case - tick, metal case and bracelet - tick, date complication - tick, cyclops - tick, round hour markers - tick, Mercedes hour hand - tick, crown guards - tick, diver bezel - tick, same brand - tick, running - fucked if I know .....it's almost a perfect match??? 

RussP

Truly awful crud, er..........Curdden.

My sympathies.

Thommo82

That cyclops must be at least 3x magnification though

The_Proctometrist

sorry about your watches, bad luck but it's nothing that isn't repairable.  what are your plans for them now?

Alan32
3 hours ago, ballandbiscuit said:

sorry about your watches, bad luck but it's nothing that isn't repairable.  what are your plans for them now?

I have a sekonda with a crap alloy case but I love the dail and hands so l modify the “omega” case for it.

as for the “Crudden” I shall practice my mod “skills on it before tackling my orient Kano/SKX:D

every silver lining has a cloud.........or something :blind:

BadApple

Some people never happy. Some people moan their rep watch is 0.0000263598mm thicker than the gen. 

Your fault - should have been picked up at QC stage. 

The_Proctometrist
14 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

I have a sekonda with a crap alloy case but I love the dail and hands so l modify the “omega” case for it.

as for the “Crudden” I shall practice my mod “skills on it before tackling my orient Kano/SKX:D

every silver lining has a cloud.........or something :blind:

i thought so, that sounds like a great plan. i have several projects like that on the go myself. post some pics when you are done, i would love to see the finished products.  cheers mate.

Alan32
4 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

Don't see a problem.....round case - tick, metal case and bracelet - tick, date complication - tick, cyclops - tick, round hour markers - tick, Mercedes hour hand - tick, crown guards - tick, diver bezel - tick, same brand - tick, running - fucked if I know .....it's almost a perfect match??? 

Floating diamonds in a Choppard is delightful, floating second hand in a “crudden” less so:blush:

CurioLeo
41 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

Floating diamonds in a Choppard is delightful, floating second hand in a “crudden” less so:blush:

I am still not seeing the problem.....surely telling the time accurately, and hands by association, is an optional extra in a watch called Crudden ? :rofl:

Jibuti

I see no problem here.... if you are blind.... or at least colour-blind.....

Rx4Time

When you buy a watch that has the name crudden on it, I think you should have set your expectations very low and expected even worse, which I think you received.   I've never seen a cyclops that actually makes the date smaller before.... The floating second hand is a nice touch though. 

GingerApple

That Crudden  just made me actually lol. What a sight!

Alan32

The vendor of the crudden has given me a full refund AND says he has sent me another watch to change my negative feed back, and now he has emailed me to say that his boss will sack him at the end of the month if I don't change my feedback to positive......... hope he finds another job soon:blush:

Mike R
4 hours ago, Alan32 said:

The vendor of the crudden has given me a full refund AND says he has sent me another watch to change my negative feed back, and now he has emailed me to say that his boss will sack him at the end of the month if I don't change my feedback to positive......... hope he finds another job soon:blush:

Seems like he’s made a good faith attempt to make you whole.  What am I missing? Why not change the Feedback to Positive? What more would you need to be satisfied?:imok:

Rx4Time
47 minutes ago, Mike R said:

Seems like he’s made a good faith attempt to make you whole.  What am I missing? Why not change the Feedback to Positive? What more would you need to be satisfied?:imok:

Agreed....you got two phenomenally inaccurate reps for free.  The poor guys loosing money to make you happy....or he literally can't give them away.  One of the two, probably more of the latter.   Maybe give a good review on the customer service at least?  

The_Proctometrist
52 minutes ago, Mike R said:

Sometimes you just can't win but you still have to do the right thing and that's the case here.

Alan32

Hold on a minute ! there was an auction on eBay for a green quartz watch.

I received a broken black and gold watch.

the advert has been relisted on eBay.

that is FRAUDULENT!

How many people have written off their, miss described/ ,broken watches as “just one of those things”

if this had been an individual who had listed this would you be so sympathetic?

I am now being “ bribed” with a watch I don’t want and didn’t ask for so that this company can go on scamming people

If you really think this “chap” is really going to loose his job I suggest you go on to eBay and buy one of their “green “ watches

The company obviously think this is worth the trouble or they wouldn’t have relisted .

I did not expect high horology or even a first rate watch, but what I received bore no relationship to the description or the photographs 

and that is pure and simply dishonest!

Alan32
On 06/11/2019 at 08:41, BIGandBOLD said:

Some people never happy. Some people moan their rep watch is 0.0000263598mm thicker than the gen. 

Your fault - should have been picked up at QC stage. 

Sorry! 

I was unaware that DHgate and or eBay actually did QC pictures, I shall bear that in mind in future:D