wowsasb

114200 Oyster Perpetual Olive Dial

wowsasb

I never have made any comments about this watch though I have had it for several months now and I have worn it almost every day! It is so lovely and perfect. It is the 34mm case and is just 316 steel though the brushing and polishing is excellent. The dial color is accurate, but perhaps not exactly as "alive" as the gen. 

It has an asian 2836 which seems low on power reserve unfortunately but is keeping time well and everything about it is so enjoyable I am thinking it's probably worth the money to swap in a well regulated Swiss movement.  

This is a piece which I hope more people purchase because there doesn't seem to be much love and I hope they don't go extinct. This certainly seems to me like a super rep, perhaps just one notch below. Knowing it isn't perfect helps me wear it every day, but none of the "flaws" it has are unfixable and they dont bother me. I keep feeling tempted to buy another one, maybe with a different dial color though...

Overall just a beautiful watch. An excellent modern take on a classic design and I love the colors. 

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-8-24-26-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-11-14-17-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-11-17-24-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-8-24-43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-8-26-02-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-8-26-19-PM.png

The_Proctometrist
2 minutes ago, wowsasb said:

I never have made any comments about this watch though I have had it for several months now and I have worn it almost every day! It is so lovely and perfect. It is the 34mm case and is just 316 steel though the brushing and polishing is excellent. The dial color is accurate, but perhaps not exactly as "alive" as the gen. 

It has an asian 2836 which seems low on power reserve unfortunately but is keeping time well and everything about it is so enjoyable I am thinking it's probably worth the money to swap in a well regulated Swiss movement.  

This is a piece which I hope more people purchase because there doesn't seem to be much love and I hope they don't go extinct. This certainly seems to me like a super rep, perhaps just one notch below. Knowing it isn't perfect helps me wear it every day, but none of the "flaws" it has are unfixable and they dont bother me. I keep feeling tempted to buy another one, maybe with a different dial color though...

Overall just a beautiful watch. An excellent modern take on a classic design and I love the colors. 

it certainly is a lovely piece. i love the dial color.  i have been shopping for one with the grape dial but after seeing yours, i may opt for this color as well in a 39mm.

• Like 1

wowsasb

I had the JF grape OP when it was pretty new, though I got mine second hand. The guy said it was like new, but the SH3132 stopped working and so I sent it away to be fixed. It was unfixable because it had the wrong balance cap Jewel and the material was too shit to put a different one in. I'm rather adverse to those clone movements now... Though I still love the purple! 

JSebwc

Definitely a sweet piece. I’ve recently gotten into the vintage semi bubble backs in 34 mm and I find them very comfortable and wearable. I would definitely consider one of these. I didn’t realize that these were offered in rep. It looks great on the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk