SCShrek

Attempt #2 at modding: Sub 6204

SCShrek
23 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Cartel refers to Josh and Andrew.  At one time they attempted to corner the rep market and had items only they could get.  They made some threats to smaller TDs in terms of pricing.  Hence the term Cartel.  This is why they are not TDs on some boards like RWI.  As for the term, in this case of vintage subs like 1680 and 5512/13 etc it is the JK factory, for the 1675 and 1655 it is the BP factory.

Now the phrase gets tossed around like "noob"

Thanks Rich...that helps. I knew about Andrew and Josh...almost got ousted from RWI by TB asking about the subject. It seems to be a sore one over there, but I didnt relate that to the reason for calling these bases cartels. Thanks

Nikosaldente
On 07/11/2019 at 22:11, SCShrek said:

@NCRich @Nikosaldente @hanski @repmaster1234 and anyone else who wants to chime in.

Question for the experts from a noob:

I know there are upscale cases, bezels and dials and such from Phong to Ruby to Yuki aming others but on the low end, I hear cartel thrown around a ton with out really knowing what's being talked about. The 2 mods I have done were on BP bases and I know this only from Rich's tutorial but can you ask a TD you want a cartel 1675 and they know what you are talking about? I have seen builds from a DHGate cartel. How would you know by looking? Just a bit confused on the lower end bases which is obviously what I want to practice on. Thanks for the patience and feel free to roll your eyes at the ignorance of this newbie.

My wish would be to get a hierarchy of parts , ie cases: gen, Phong, MQ, Ruby, Yuki, cartel, BP, but that would be subjective and take all the fun out of buggering Rich when I needed to know something. ;)

Anyway, I'll get what knowledge I can get. 

Thanks

@Intresting Thought you may want to see this if you havent already bud!

1675 PanAm is looming brother...while we wait on parts to come back in stock...

I'll take NCRich's advice on this one....

He's far more experienced :D

tribefan
On 07/11/2019 at 15:27, NCRich said:

Cartel refers to Josh and Andrew.  At one time they attempted to corner the rep market and had items only they could get.  They made some threats to smaller TDs in terms of pricing.  Hence the term Cartel.  This is why they are not TDs on some boards like RWI.  As for the term, in this case of vintage subs like 1680 and 5512/13 etc it is the JK factory, for the 1675 and 1655 it is the BP factory.

Now the phrase gets tossed around like "noob"

Gold. Thanks for this.

SCShrek
1 hour ago, tribefan said:

Gold. Thanks for this.

Yea dude, search for cartel on RWI for the full story.