delta341

First order Omega Aqua Terra from TT

delta341

Hi All,

I am new to the game and super excited about my first purchase.

After some research I did it is clearly recommended to state the fact of order initiation with the trusted dealer.

I decided to go ahead with OMG0552B - Aqua Terra 150m SS/SS Blue VSF Ultimate Asia 8500 and order it from Trusty Time. 

To initiate the process I have just sent the inquiry to understand if the stock is available and I can place an order. Will update the status here accordingly.

Appreciate the support.

The_Proctometrist
On 10/11/2019 at 11:01, delta341 said:

Hi All,

I am new to the game and super excited about my first purchase.

After some research I did it is clearly recommended to state the fact of order initiation with the trusted dealer.

I decided to go ahead with OMG0552B - Aqua Terra 150m SS/SS Blue VSF Ultimate Asia 8500 and order it from Trusty Time. 

To initiate the process I have just sent the inquiry to understand if the stock is available and I can place an order. Will update the status here accordingly.

Appreciate the support.

:ban1::ban1::ban1:

Hello and welcome.  Yes, you are doing it all right mate. Well done and keep reading.  That's a beautiful watch, be sure to post some pics when it arrives.  Cheers.

delta341

Hi All,

After a long wait I have received the watch. However, with few remarks. After receiving the QC pics, I have noticed that the date window is off, and asked the photo with the lumes. The TD has replied that they dont take lume pictures at all and he reconfirmed that the date window was alright. After asking to take additional pictures, he has refused to do so. Perhaps this was the red flag already. However, since the money was on his account, I GL'ed.

Now having the piece at hand perhaps I am slightly disappointed by not acting differently, however lesson's learned. Everything else seems to be alright. Hope the movement will keep on doing its job. I believe this watch won't be every day 'beater', but for certain occasions.

https://imgur.com/a/jJFHLYc

Any advice on how to act in the future in such case: when the money is paid, I am not happy and the TD is not willing to provide more pictures or reluctant to change the piece.

Thank you for the feedback and insights for the future.

Regards,

delta341

tribefan

I'll let someone more experience weigh in on the QC stuff. I'll just say I just bought a cheapie DHGate Omega, bezel is steel not ceramic, date window is wrong color. I showed my wife the time today and she says "Man that is a beautiful watch when did you get that one?" No one is going to take a picture of your watch and load it into CAD. Enjoy wearing it.

Glaude
On 04/12/2019 at 21:17, delta341 said:

Any advice on how to act in the future in such case: when the money is paid, I am not happy and the TD is not willing to provide more pictures or reluctant to change the piece.

You then ask for a refund if you can't get anywhere with the TD. 

Some TD consider that they take enough QC pic for you to check if the watch your ordered is the same as the one on their website and as expected, they usually don't have time to invest in taking other pictures (mainly true with big TDs, you get sometime better service with smaller ones).

Asking for a refund if you are not happy is perfectly okay, as long as you keep in mind that if you paid via CC or any other method that adds processing or transaction fees, they'll not refund you those, so you could loose a bit of money there, not much, but worth mentioning