Sign in to follow this  
ThinkBachs

Hey Moron- stop asking if it's a gen ETA when you haven't a clue about what the rest of the watch is supposed to look like.

Balad1
I was really pissed about something and this puked off my keyboard. :)

I looked at the M dial more closely and it's really not bad, but the 12-9-6 fonts don't have the nice pointed corners I've seen on others. I just get so frustrated when people post comments on threads posted by dealers saying it looks good when it doesn't. It also annoys me that there are dealers who post crap for sale on the forums hoping someone will buy them. IMHO, being a trusted dealer on this or any other forum should mean that you bring something to the place. Searching out and offering the best is a service. Offering a $69 watch that screams Seiko knockoff with a Rolex crown on it is a slap in the face.

As a side note, I'm more than happy to take a thrashing when I deserve it. No apologies for my opinion, I just see it as a learning experience. :lol:

Hey Bro, that rep you are holding up in your avatar, is it a 7750 movement or 21J, have happy feet or what about the 10, is it centered?

Oh yeah, if its ETA, is it cloned or Swiss?

phaedo
It also annoys me that there are dealers who post crap for sale on the forums hoping someone will buy them. Offering a $69 watch that screams Seiko knockoff with a Rolex crown on it is a slap in the face.

I agree with this. Seeing 'offers' by the trusted dealers here of 21 jewel daytonas and the like, to me just seems tacky. We are here for good watches, not the shit stuff you get for $20 in chinatown. If we were after that stuff, we wouldn't bother here, and just buy from the scam dealers.

What I find even more incredible is how when dealers go and post stuff up and members then go and say 'wow, what a great price and a fantastic watch', being a 21 jewel anything that is a 7750 in gen form. Some dealers have good prices on stock, but I would only consider one in 10 of their watches to be worth considering buying as the other 90% is pure crap.

myaz
I was really pissed about something and this puked off my keyboard. :)

I looked at the M dial more closely and it's really not bad, but the 12-9-6 fonts don't have the nice pointed corners I've seen on others. I just get so frustrated when people post comments on threads posted by dealers saying it looks good when it doesn't. It also annoys me that there are dealers who post crap for sale on the forums hoping someone will buy them. IMHO, being a trusted dealer on this or any other forum should mean that you bring something to the place. Searching out and offering the best is a service. Offering a $69 watch that screams Seiko knockoff with a Rolex crown on it is a slap in the face.

As a side note, I'm more than happy to take a thrashing when I deserve it. No apologies for my opinion, I just see it as a learning experience. :lol:

You are right that there's plenty of "help, who's got the best..... :damn_the_colonials: ." reflecting a widespread desire for quality product on this forum.

But on the other hand, there's also a market for $69 watches as well. As long as these are not marketed as ultimate anything which they aren't. Pity the foob with more than a synapse or two who doesn't grasp.

To wit inexpensive watches, my wife picked this up for $9.98 as an accessory for an outfit, over 1 1/2 years ago...and it still works.

That leads me to suspect it's got an ETA. B)

edit: I don't know how that flag got here.Sorry

IMG_2830.jpg

Edited by myaz

P4GTR
saying it looks good when it doesn't.

dealers who post crap for sale on the forums hoping someone will buy them.

Offering a $69 watch that screams Seiko knockoff with a Rolex crown on it is a slap in the face.

I see guys that took a lot of time to post good pictures of good watches and get no attention, while some real eye burners get played up. One mans trash is another mans treasure I guess.

robbnj
I was really pissed about something and this puked off my keyboard. :P

... It also annoys me that there are dealers who post crap for sale on the forums hoping someone will buy them. IMHO, being a trusted dealer on this or any other forum should mean that you bring something to the place. Searching out and offering the best is a service. Offering a $69 watch that screams Seiko knockoff with a Rolex crown on it is a slap in the face.

'Tis cool you can do that. I once commented on a dealer's crappy treatment of customers and almost got banned when he decided to "verbally" spar with me :frusty:

sm1rf
What does ETA stand for ?

What... you still don't know?????

Noob...

ETA Estimated Time of Arrival (also seen as ETOA)

ETA Employment and Training Administration (US Department of Labor)

ETA Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (Basque Homeland and Liberty; terrorist group in Spain)

ETA Electronic Travel Authority

ETA Edited to Add

ETA Environmental Transport Association (UK)

ETA Electronics Technicians Association (Greencastle, IN)

ETA Electronic Transactions Association

ETA European Technical Approval

ETA English Teachers Association

ETA Expected Time of Arrival

ETA Electronic Tax Administration

ETA Elvis Tribute Artist

ETA Electronic Transfer Account

ETA Event Tree Analysis

ETA Evangelical Training Association

ETA Eu Te Amo (Portuguese: I Love You)

ETA European Thyroid Association

ETA Effective Tax Administration

ETA Egyptian Tourist Authority

ETA Electronic Travel Aid

ETA Electronic Transportation Acquisition

ETA Entertainment Technology Alliance

ETA Embroidery Trade Association

ETA Executive Travel Associates

ETA Extension Travel Adjustment (Marzocchi bicycle forks)

ETA Energy Tax Act

ETA Estimated Transmitting Ability (cow breeding)

ETA Elektrotechnische Apparate GmbH (Nuremburg, Germany)

ETA European Tugowners' Association

ETA Evangelische Theologische Academie (Dutch: Evangelical Theological Academy; Netherlands)

ETA Exact Time of Arrival

ETA Eesti Teadeteagentuur (Estonian News Agency)

ETA Embedded Transport Acceleration (Intel)

ETA Experimental Test Accelerator

ETA Experience the Adventure

ETA Energy Technology Assessment

ETA Extraterrestrial Activity

ETA Elgin Teachers Association

ETA Event Tracking Agent

EtA Eternal Allegiance (fan site)

ETA External Tank Attachment

ETA Extraterrestrial Artifact

ETA Engineering Technologies Associates

ETA Emergency Tire Assistance

ETA Engineering Technologies Academy

ETA Engineering Technical Assistant

ETA Eelam Tamil Association (Sydney, Australia)

ETA Emergency Towing Arrangement (requirement at forward & aft ends of oil tanker)

ETA Electronic Test Automation

ETA Etnoteam Adriatica

ETA Estimated Time Available

ETA E-Sektionens Teletekniska Avdelning

ETA Electronic Target Acquisition (also sometimes abbreviated as E/TA)

ETA Engineering Test Article

ETA Eastern Training Area

ETA Emergency Transport Attendant

ETA Enterprise Transaction Archive

ETA Ellenville Teachers Association

ETA Erosion Transport Accumulation

ETA Estimated Time for Accomplishment

ETA Engineering Task Assignment

ETA Exception Time Accounting

ETA Electro-Thermal Atomizer

ETA European Tropospheric-Scatter Army (communications system)

ETA Earthville Travel Adventures

ETA Evan Terry Associates, PC (Birmingham, AL)

ETA External Tank Attack

ETA Electronics Test Area

ETA EOOW Training Assistant

ETA Enterprise Transaction Analysis

ETA Estimated Time Allocation (project management)

ETA Extra Terrestrial Alien

ETA Easy Tech Answers (Lansing, MI)

ETA Educational Therapy Assistant

ETA Executive Trade Associates

ETA Estaciones de Tiempo Automatizadas (Spanish: Automated Weather Stations)

This is phenomenal!

Akira
I was really pissed about something and this puked off my keyboard. :frusty:

As a side note, I'm more than happy to take a thrashing when I deserve it. No apologies for my opinion, I just see it as a learning experience. :P

Well TB,

sorry but this is just bullshit...

I'd be happy if you show me a better PO version than the one MR offers. It's the most accurate version of the 45,5mm there is at the moment.

Maybe your RWI-special dealer Fakemaster has one that is better :clap:

I think you have no insight in what watches are selling and what not.

Roberts $99 PAM special was a great success for him...the watches where good quality but far from accurate to the gen.

So are 21J Daytonas, because some people don't want to bother with 7750.

You might bother to talk to him...there is a lot of money in the cheaper reps.

Those people are here to sell, not to make you collector of 1:1 replicas.

And most of all not to do you a favour.

It's on your to deceide which watch you want and how much you want to pay.

There are people, even on this board who like Narikaas PO, because it's a good watch for the price and only

anal fuckers like us notice the difference anyways.

Moreover there are people not even pretending to have a gen, so why should they care if it's 60% or 90% accurate?

You are pretty cocky around here I have to say.

If you don't like a watch or an offering, don't buy and read it....simple.

You'll run out of dealers with that attitude and will have to buy from fakemaster exclusively in future.

David543

I would have no problem with someone knowledgeable about a certain type of watch reviewing critically. If I want the best version, being pointed in the best direction would be helpful!

pfcdre

I dont comment on a watch a dealer or member is selling if i dont like it, on the other hand i will give positive comment on a watch i like, i think this is human nature, i wouldnt piss on someones chips by saying this or that is rubbish. What is gained by negative comment, as already mentioned one mans junk is another mans treasure....With that said there may be members that post positive comment on watches listed by dealers even if they don't like them, but thats the'yre choice :wave: ...I prefer not to comment keeps my tongue clean and my honour intact and causes no offence some times silence is golden cheers