Sign in to follow this  
ThinkBachs

Hey Moron- stop asking if it's a gen ETA when you haven't a clue about what the rest of the watch is supposed to look like.

ThinkBachs

Rather than crapping on so many dealer threads, I'm going to issue a general CRAPON.

The definition of Moron in this context: A person who asks if a watch has a gen ETA, but fails to know anything or very little else about what should be correct on the watch as a whole.

It doesn't fucking matter if the watch has a gen ETA if the Omega dial numeral font is crap.

It doesn't fucking matter if the watch has a gen ETA if the dial printing looks like it was stamped on by a 3 year old

It doesn't fucking matter if the watch has a gen ETA if the bezel insert still uses the "incorrect 10"

It doesn't fucking matter if the watch has a gen ETA if the endlinks have a gap between the lugs

It doesn't fucking matter if the watch has a gen ETA if it's a fantasy watch

It doesn't fucking matter if the watch has a gen ETA if the dial has Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun where numbers should be

Good lord, do you homework before going gaga over what the dealers are posting. Just because they post it, doesn't mean they're doing you a favor. They may not always be posting the best of anything. WatchEden is a prime example of a dealer that posts shitty watches hoping that some moron will be too excited about getting his/her first rep that they don't compare it to a gen. If you're not going to do your homework, then you deserve to get what you get. Just don't expect others to do your homework for you- use the forum search option, and do a Google Image search. Most of all, stop asking if a crap watch like the one posted by Marvelous is a gen ETA. The dial is going to give you away long before the stamp on your movement. Who gives a crap if you have a Ferrari engine in your POS VW bug with Ferrari stickers all over it.

Rav747
:lol:

baruch

Indeed rav me to

wat44

wat are you saying TB?

Luthier

I smell insults...

baruch

me to mhhmmm

MrZoSo

Yes but, is it a REAL perpetual movement?

Rav747
:lol: baruch

Balad1

TB, take your meds brother, it'll be alright.

baruch

:thumbsup2: baruch

WatchMe007

The lack of a gen ETA movement is the first thing that will blow a rep's cover.

Without a gen ETA movement it will be impossible for you to Estimate your Time of Arrival (ETA) and you will always be late.

This will prompt people to grab your wrist and say, "You stupid late fuck. What is wrong with your God damned watch? Is is a fake Rolex?"

I read this on the site that sold me my $350 Quartz Hublot F1, so it must be true.

Jesus you people are stupid.

(I am starting to feel like one of the gang.) :lol:

Balad1
The lack of a gen ETA movement is the first thing that will blow a rep's cover.

Without a gen ETA movement it will be impossible for you to Estimate your Time of Arrival (ETA) and you will always be late.

This will prompt people to grab your wrist and say, "You stupid late fuck. What is wrong with your God damned watch? Is is a fake Rolex?"

I read this on the site that sold me my $350 Quartz Hublot F1, so it must be true.

Jesus you people are stupid.

(I am starting to feel like one of the gang.) :thumbsup2:

Starting to act like the fuckers too.

Welcome :lol:

solkryssare

Tssssssssssssskkkkkkkk. KIDS.............

PatronSaintofChainsaws

<3

opus9
TB, take your meds brother, it'll be alright.

regards

opus9

andygt

Pot. Kettle. Black.

By the way the thread you've got your knickers in a twist about was posted months ago.

What was the best DSSD that month?

Del
What was the best DSSD that month?

With or without gen ETA? :thepianohasbeendrinking:

:D

narikaa

What if the guys a moronic movement freak

As opposed to a moronic minutiae 'trainspotter' type

Accept it other peeps have other criteria

GC

:thepianohasbeendrinking:... tell us how you really feel Think...don't hold back now :D

sadly, i agree. I luv questions i already answered in a thread to be asked... like "where did you get the watch from"...most of the time (come to think of it, actually always), it's the first line of every thread i have made (before the pics!!!)... or some crazy question like "can you show us your photo setup"... uhhh...NO! or my favorite is "how does the watch compare to the gen, is it what you thought, how does it feel on your wrist, can you explain how everything works, is it perfect? is it perfect? is it perfect? and where did you get it from?"

;)

KeNnY

I have strange ticklish feeling this topic will be soon moved to OT, and then to Section 8, when first boob pic will be posted :thepianohasbeendrinking:

powderfreak
I have strange ticklish feeling this topic will be soon moved to OT, and then to Section 8, when first boob pic will be posted :D

:thepianohasbeendrinking:

JohnG

Maybe someone doesn't care if the watch is very accurate to gen, but wants an ETA movement?

powderfreak
Maybe someone doesn't care if the watch is very accurate to gen, but wants an ETA movement?

oh_rly.jpg

mbjoer

Like your reviews, TB. A lot.

But why this outburst? The issues you compare are totally different. Apples and pears.

If you pay for a Gen anything you should get the gen article. Gen crystal, Gen crown or Gen ETA.

This is not only about looks. To some the functionality of the watch is more important than the looks. And some are just working their way through the many issues you need to decide on when choosing a watch.

I do not get your point.

David543

I must admit that the movement is important to me as I love the 28.8vph sweep of most ETAs. But then I have a 'thing' for innovative movements in general. I'd consider buying a watch that came with a 36,000vph movement just because of the technical difficulty of it for example and because the seconds sweep would be cool.... If only Zenith could use it in something other than Chronographs which I have little use for..... so that'll be Grand Seiko....

For me the reliability and accuracy of the vph is one consideration buying a rep. I try to get a rep that has as few obvioius flaws as possible and the sweep is one criteria. Having said that I have a Rado Sintra rep that has the wrong sweep because I wanted a Ceramic watch and I have a fantasy Lange just because I loved the watch, fly-back date and power reserve!!