Meme guy is not wrong, in my ever-expanding collection, I am sadly lacking in Milgausses. There is no overt disdain for the collection, nor is there any strong feelings for them. It might come down to the fact that its anti-magnetism---the main feature, is not replicated. This makes the reps pretty redundant. Furthermore, the aesthetic of the Milgauss just does nothing for me. Yes, it has a crooked second hand. But that's it.   I find myself more interested in the third party modifications of the Milgauss. Many of them involve PVD coating, or blacking out the dial, or both.  A minimalist Milgauss dial, when done right, accentuates the unique lightning second hand.   Here are some examples of Milgauss Mods: By MAD PARIS Another MAD PARIS Edition, called the "Chromatic". And again from the lunatics of the French capital, the "Pride" with its rainbow colour font.  Hmm, this was a random image I found from their site, I actually kinda like it. Of course, Bamford will have their usual place in the mod market.   But these are all relatively simple alterations, limited to the aesthetic side of things. Surely someone must be dumb brave enough to fuck tinker with the mechanical aspect of the Milgauss?   The Watch Enter Label Noir. Label Noir have successfully transplanted a tourbillon into the original Rolex calibre 3131, with no change to the case height.  A flying tourbillon, decorated with the company's initials, is installed on a ball-bearing.  This was accompanied by a change of barrel spring to ensure performance consistency (tourbillons require more energy). Furthermore, the number of vibrations per hour has been reduced from 28,000 to 21,600, or from 4 hertz to 3 hertz.   In total: -51 components have been removed -2 components modified  -94 components added  The heavily-modified main plate still bears the Rolex serial number. Not that Rolex would ever accept this under warranty! The case and bracelet are given the ADLC treatment. Anamorphous diamond-like carbon coating is a subset of PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) coating. ADLC involves the application of carbon, titanium, and nitrogen that enhances the durability of the watch, making it pretty much scratch-resistant. The carbon is blasted onto the surface of watch’s components and then cooled down extremely quickly. The lume bits in the watch hands are converted to black, along with black lacquered second hand. The result was polarising on release. The opulence of a tourbillon in a tool watch (originally) was anathema to purists. Others marveled at the technical achievement. Some were fatigued by the industry's latest attempt to shoehorn a tourbillon into a product.  Others enjoyed the novelty of this oddball. Gen Price Estimate: CHF 125, 000   The Rep I, for one, love the ludicrous concept of shoving a tourbillon (pointless for wristwatches) into a Rolex (a brand with no tourbillons). It has a PVD coating? Done. It's rare as fuck? Sold. I also enjoy the fact that most people looking at it will call it a fake. They wouldn't be wrong. They would be right for the wrong reasons. How many people would know about the time when a random company fitted a tourbillon into a Rolex, and when the Chinese decided to replicate it? So when @Glaude shared some info about a rep being sold, I kept an eye for reviews of the watch. It was rather disheartening. @rj999 kindly posted his take on the rep, along with some movement sleuthing by @GenTLe: rj999 found the rep to have poor quality PVD coating and poor performance. Not a good sign for a rep with a hefty price tag.      Oh, and did I mention that I only read his comments after paying for the watch?  Well too late now. All I could do was ask JTime (TD over on RWI) to keep an eye of the tourby performance. (Apologies for the white specks,  it is exceptionally difficult to keep the PVD surface dust-free.)         TD Specifications (Claims) Size: 40mm x 14mm Movement: Asian automatic tourbillon movement Functions: Hours, minutes and seconds display Case: PVD plated stainless steel case Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal Dial: Gray dial Strap: PVD plated stainless steel bracelet Clasp: Deployant clasp Water resistance: >50 Meters Video of the watch can be found here: https://puretimewatch.io/milgauss-pvd-label-noir-tourbillon-v9f-best-edition-on-pvd-bracelet.html#   Dimensions Case Diameter: 43.0mm Case Height: 14.2mm Lug-to-Lug: 52.6mm Lug Width: 19.0mm   Gen Case Diameter: 40mm Gen Case Height: 13mm TD Specs are all lies! The case diameter is much larger, and risks a lopsided appearance as they did not increase the bracelet width to compensate for the bigger case. Collectors with smaller wrists take note. But the case height is only one millimetre off from the gen. It is not the most egregious attempt among tourbillon reps.   Dial I would say the grey colour is close enough to the gen. The shades of grey varies depending on lighting, time of day and general kinkiness. The grey in photos of the gen varies with lighting too. The matte black hour indices at 3, 6, and 9 are larger than the others, as per the gen.  There is a coronet at 12 instead of a hour index. Beyond the hour indices are black square plots with minute markers running along the outer edge of the dial. Although dial font is not my forte, I can still tell that the general style of the "LABEL NOIR" font is respected. However, the "NOIR" font could be bolder. Even in the gen, the "LABEL" and "NOIR" are perilously close to each other, giving further importance to a bolder "NOIR" font to aesthetically separate the words. Regrettably, my photos do not show a clear view of the rehaut. However, I can reassure you that the rehaut alignment on my watch is spot on. I will leave rehaut font judgements to the more enthusiastic members.  The flying tourbillon here has reasonably good decoration, with the "L" and "N" at the dial side of the tourbillon. However, the rep tourbillon is missing the gold tourbillon cage seen in the gen. Thankfully, the tourbillon is flush to edges of the dial aperture, avoiding the unsightly gaps seen in other rep tourbillons. The "SWISS MADE" declarations is squeezed between the aperture edge and the minute markers, as per gen. The final "S" of "SWISS and the "M" of "MADE" are in the correct positions in relation to the minute markers. The hour and minute hands have matte black paint instead of lume.  The second hand is painted a glossy black. I have no issues with the hands.       Movement: In this section, I will admit I have been pretty lazy. I have copied over some photos by jr999 of the movement used. @GenTLe also had a look at the movement. The consensus seems to be this is a custom movement with a combination ofETA clone elements and features of Chinese movements. Bottom line: Once it breaks, I'm fucked Dial side of the movement. Photo credit to @rj999   Rear side of the movement, with winding bridge removed. Photo credit to @rj999   Case The entire case is PVD coated, giving a matte black colour. Don't mind the plastic wrapping trapped in the lower left lug.  Some sexy lug action from a more presentable angle...   The smooth bezel in this particular 43mm case really makes the watch look like a huge pie pan. The rep has a screw-down crown. Bracelet links can be removed with a screwdriver. The curvature of the watch helps with slightly reducing the profile of the watch. Only slightly. The caseback is your standard Rolex rep fare, but with PVD coating.     Bracelet & Clasp PVD Oyster bracelet. As mentioned above, the normal sized bracelet width is dwarfed by the 43mm case. It can look unbalanced! Ignore the stickers on the side of the clasp. And more stickers on the inner sides of the clasp. GIven the reputation of poor PVD coating, I decided to leave the stickers in areas likely to experience the most metal-on-metal contact. Yes, I do feel like a Rolexforum twat, thanks for asking.     Functions I am fortunate to have received a watch with pretty good QC. The power reserve on this watch is at least 48 hours. And relatively rare for a tourbillon, this watch movement is automatic as well. I have not conducted any formal tests on accuracy but it does not seem to lose more than a minute after 2 days in the box. On the wrist, there is no perceptible deviation.   Nonetheless, your mileage may vary and it is important to emphasise to your TD to QC its performance.   Onto the PVD coating. Again, I am no expert. My personal opinion is that the PVD coating could be improved. On brighter light exposure, you cans see how grainy the coating looks.  Here I have included my AP Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar rep. It is an Aliexpress cheapie. The AP has a glossier, smoother coating and has withstood some  wear and tear. I have worn it regularly for almost 6 months and no scratches or chips.  A few more comparison pics, from different lighting angles. To be fair to the Milgauss, I did accidentally run the sharp end of my stainless steel tweezers across the bracelet (long story ). No damage yet.    Conclusion Well heck. This is an oversized, unbalanced Milgauss with a hitherto unseen tourbillon movement and questionable PVD coating. And all that for a replica of a watch that many in the watch world will not have heard of. If you are after a sporty tourbillon watch, I recommend the Royal Oaks and the Hublots. If you are after the one tourbillon to tick the box within your collection, look elsewhere.   For me, I enjoy the novelty of this oddball. It is a replica of the only Rolex tourbillon watch out there. A great conversation piece and a welcome addition to my tourbillon collection.     @McGilli @Luxuracer  @TheGingerFerret @NCRich @Logixa @Theviking@Thommo82 @paccbet @Drfunsocks@bdnica@RussP @Chixisigma @Hyjynx@repmaster1234  @GenTLe @yllekp