DannyT

I Hope I'm Wrong, RE: http://www.silix-prime.es/

DannyT

First off, I'm a new guy here so I want to be clear about what the issue *might* be if there is an issue here all. 
I'll put the softener in first so it's obvious that I am not senselessly attacking anyone -
I have been traveling between states and visiting many small towns and used my credit cards in about 7 places. One of those places is where the trouble began ... 

Here it is. I went online to http://www.silix-prime.es/ and ordered a watch, did the checkout and then after not getting any form of confirmation, used the site contact to get in touch. That was Nov. 9th. I tried again, later to get in touch but have yet to get any confirmation back. Both times I used the contact form on their website. 

The issues, of course, I'd like to get my watch (or even a reply would be nice) but the real problem started on Nov. 10, when I became a victim of identity theft. Any kind of response from anyone at the site would have made me feel less worried that they were the start of the problems. I know they are on the trusted dealer page but I don't know them myself. My thinking is that maybe someone else has the site now? Maybe they have nothing to do with it but I thought I'd post this so that someone with more experience with them could check into the validity of their site and sales. 

Glaude

Hi,

You got the right website, so that's a very positive point.

I don't follow the identity theft part, what are we talking about exactly ? Someone used your credit card number to purchases stuff online ? 

Not getting a response from the contact form may not be so surprising, you may have more luck using their direct email address found in the TD list

Two situation : either the payment did not get through for some reason (most likely, your bank blocked it, did you checked your account to see if the money was withdrawn ?) , the payment did got through, but as most TD use (for lack of a better option) shady web credit card processor, your credit card information have been leaked and someone used it, you should be able to easily get your money back with your bank, but keep in mind, it's not the TDs fault.
If the payment got through, send them an email to get an order status as you did not get any before, without any success at contacting them, try to work with a mod from here via PM

DannyT

Right after I ordered on the site, I had a slew of fraudulent charges come through. I want to be really clear. I am NOT blaming them, only saying that the timing was right! 
As for the sale, I think the money was withdrawn but really only assumed that since the order seemed to go through. If they didn't take it out yet it is likely it won't come out. There are about 50 charges that came through all at once. I only found out by when I was declined at a gas pump - which is no fun when you're 800 miles from home by the way! The bottom line is that until everything goes through whatever dispute thing they do, that account is dead to the world. It might take a month to get it fixed. 
I know people here are almost like a club or family even so I thought I'd ask. Maybe someone knows these people first hand? 

The_Proctometrist
9 minutes ago, DannyT said:

Right after I ordered on the site, I had a slew of fraudulent charges come through. I want to be really clear. I am NOT blaming them, only saying that the timing was right! 
As for the sale, I think the money was withdrawn but really only assumed that since the order seemed to go through. If they didn't take it out yet it is likely it won't come out. There are about 50 charges that came through all at once. I only found out by when I was declined at a gas pump - which is no fun when you're 800 miles from home by the way! The bottom line is that until everything goes through whatever dispute thing they do, that account is dead to the world. It might take a month to get it fixed. 
I know people here are almost like a club or family even so I thought I'd ask. Maybe someone knows these people first hand? 

If you must use a credit card to order you can always get a reloadable one and keep it at a low balance until you buy a watch.  There are many to choose from online.

trailboss99

Danny as has been said you need to use the email listed in the section not the form on the website to contact Silix.

Secondly as stated above one of two things has happened, either the payment was blocked by your bank when they realised you were being drained (poor form from your bank to allow that many to get thru BTW, mine would have been on it a lot sooner) or someone at the processors did indeed aguire your CC details (that's not really identity theft BTW). Normal processors won't deal with illegal goods so the only ones that will are dodgy ones from places such as somewhere with a name ending in 'stan. It is best to use a single use CC number or keep a separate card with a limited amount on it to make these transactions. 

Glaude
1 hour ago, DannyT said:

No one is blaming you for this post, don't worry.

You are worried about those fraudulent transaction, it's a first for you, but you did some homework and read how things are done, so you did good.

This issue will be resolved with your bank without any doubt, on your side, see if the TD got the payment or not, and if not, ask him of other means of payment, directly by their email as Trailboss said, there's plenty of secured way to pay them that won't get you in trouble at all.

In the end, you'll get what you want :) 

You can use Western Union with cash over the counter if you can't use the CC directly

DannyT

That was where the fear set it when the TD didn't and still has not responded.
I have seen how many of these guys change their site addresses quite often. I sort of feared that maybe this site was changed and someone grabbed the old name and cloned the site. 
I think the bill was paid. If not, I'd like to know that too. I'm sorting out which are not fraudulent charges. I was traveling and spending little bits here and there for a fillup, meals, whatever. I can't really cancel real charges without messing someone else up. I didn't keep track of much while I was going along and now I'm paying the price for that. 

SCShrek

I have been where you are brother after a holiday in Italy...charged a bunch of stuff all over that country with vendors whose name I cant even pronounce to get home later and find what accounted to 6 or 7 rather large purchases that I didnt make. Sorting it out is definitely a headache but like Glaude says, the bank will make you whole. I am writing nothing new, just a reassurance. You shouldnt have issue with the TD side of things, either your watch is in the works or your card was never charged for it. If there is a problem, you have an outlet here to make it right as well. Good luck dude!

Intresting

Sorry to hear this @DannyT  Just wondering if you are barking up the wrong tree.   I mean, is the TD not responding because he has not received any payment or any knowledge of order?

Surely it is your banks (and yours I might add) responsibility to know IF the money was taken out, and IF it was, WHO it was paid to?   I think, only then, can you ascertain if the TD is actually in receipt of funds and have not dispatched the goods.

The fact that the transaction is mired in between all the fraudulent claims may mean that the monies may never arrive at the TD's account (due to the dodgy payment gateways the TDs use anyway).  The TDs themselves might also want to distance themselves from recovering these funds, as it will put a spotlight on their business which they can ill afford to, and, to put it bluntly, have suffered no loss,  Only you have.  

Sorry its not what you want to hear.

Glaude

I don't think he's barking up the wrong tree, he made it quite clear that he was more worried about someone taking the website from the regular TD rather than the real TD would have scammed him, he has a good attitude towards all of this.

To get some more reassurance, when TD changes website, it's because the previous domain name have been seized by authorities, they don't abandon them for someone else to grab so don't worry, you got the right TD.

Try sending the TD @silix a PM in here to see if you are more lucky, your email might getting in spam.

Be sure to check your account to see if you were charged for the transaction on TDs website, that should be easy to spot.

TD get a lot of message, most of them useless, but they also take care of orders etc... they can take some time to answer, especially if you doesn't appear to be a customer already.

Keep us posted 

DannyT
59 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Sorry to hear this @DannyT  Just wondering if you are barking up the wrong tree.   I mean, is the TD not responding because he has not received any payment or any knowledge of order?

Oh yes, he has the order and I have a screenshot of the order confirmation. 

1 hour ago, Intresting said:

Surely it is your banks (and yours I might add) responsibility to know IF the money was taken out, and IF it was, WHO it was paid to?   I think, only then, can you ascertain if the TD is actually in receipt of funds and have not dispatched the goods.

There are several payments made out to about the same price tag as I paid for the watch. None of them are really easy to figure out a company name on. You might notice that company names are often different than the name of the place you bought from. Its one of those pick through and figure it out deals now. 

The fact that the transaction is mired in between all the fraudulent claims may mean that the monies may never arrive at the TD's account (due to the dodgy payment gateways the TDs use anyway).  The TDs themselves might also want to distance themselves from recovering these funds, as it will put a spotlight on their business which they can ill afford to, and, to put it bluntly, have suffered no loss,  Only you have.  

I get that and that is why I wanted to hear from the seller. I bet the guy is wandering around on vacation or something but I really need to sort things out. 
This is the first-ever time I have bought a watch like this so I'm a bit nervous to start with. Now that I have had this happen, I'm just questioning where it all started. It is likely someone along my route caught my card on a scam device but I wanted to bring it to the attention of people here because it seems as though y'all know everyone on a personal level. I was really hoping someone could get a message to this place and have them contact me. 
If they didn't get payment due to the fraud, I want to get them one. If the site was cloned, I want to figure out if that payment is going through to the wrong people. 

Sorry its not what you want to hear.

At this point, I want all the options! If you have an idea that can help - I owe you a beer! 

DannyT
44 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Try sending the TD @silix a PM in here to see if you are more lucky, your email might getting in spam.

Good idea

Be sure to check your account to see if you were charged for the transaction on TDs website, that should be easy to spot.

need to know what the name is he is charging me though. ... hence the hope I'd get an email from him/her... 

TD get a lot of message, most of them useless, but they also take care of orders etc... they can take some time to answer, especially if you doesn't appear to be a customer already.

I contacted him twice but not through the email here. I keep trying to get to that but I'm being bombarded tonight. I'll probably get to it tomorrow. Thanks for the help. 

Keep us posted 

I will. I hope people don't think I'm being a weenie. I really am not trying to point fingers. I just want to get the mess done. I know I won't end up poorer because I've got coverage for that. It's just a pain and after 24 hours of driving this is not what I had intended to spend time on. I was thinking beers! 

Glaude
13 minutes ago, DannyT said:

need to know what the name is he is charging me though. ... hence the hope I'd get an email from him/her... 

Check for the amount, surely you don't have that much transaction to the amount you spent, go on their website to look at the price of the watch, think of the rough amount adding shipping, if you have the order confirmation, it will be even easier

14 minutes ago, DannyT said:

I contacted him twice but not through the email here. I keep trying to get to that but I'm being bombarded tonight. I'll probably get to it tomorrow. Thanks for the help. 

Might take some days, it's not unusual in the replica world

14 minutes ago, DannyT said:

I will. I hope people don't think I'm being a weenie. I really am not trying to point fingers. I just want to get the mess done. I know I won't end up poorer because I've got coverage for that. It's just a pain and after 24 hours of driving this is not what I had intended to spend time on. I was thinking beers! 

Just relax, this will get sorted both by the TD and your bank, it's a mess, but nothing to get anxious about

Intresting
26 minutes ago, DannyT said:

There are several payments made out to about the same price tag as I paid for the watch. None of them are really easy to figure out a company name on. You might notice that company names are often different than the name of the place you bought from. Its one of those pick through and figure it out deals now. 

Hey there.  Sigh.  Its tough.   Just because you have order confirmation does not mean that they have been paid.   Yes, understand first hand about the different payment names.  Its the nature of this business.    c
Listen to the Frenchman.  Give it a couple of weeks.   Either your bank (and rightly so) gives  you back all your money, or the TD comes back with an answer in due course.  Like I said, the TD is probably more anxious about avoiding banks and credit cards than anyone else.  You only lose a watch, they lose an entire business.    Sad but true.  

If after this period of time,  your bank has not refunded you any payment that tallies with what you have paid for the watch,  I think you have a case to bring it to the mod here.

Meanwhile, if you are still up for the rep game,  cough up 35 quid for VIP.  Many lovely watches to be won here, and join the fun.   Its the best time to join now!  Really worth it. 

Oh, and go get a debit credit card that you can load value on,  Limit your exposure.  Or consider WU, Transferwisey  and Bitcoin.  They are by far much cheaper than the ridiculous credit card fees charged.

DannyT

On 15/11/2019 at 21:20, Intresting said:

Oh, and go get a debit credit card that you can load value on,  Limit your exposure.  Or consider WU, Transferwisey  and Bitcoin.  They are by far much cheaper than the ridiculous credit card fees charged.

Indeed my next move. Thanks 

On 15/11/2019 at 21:20, Intresting said:

KJ2020
On 15/11/2019 at 20:50, DannyT said:

I contacted him twice but not through the email here.

I know this thread is a few weeks old now but I just wanted to add a couple things.

I have dealt with Michelle at Silix twice and had no issues. Last time was July 2019. Contact should be made via her email which then was [email protected]

You should always make contact with a TD before paying for a watch to see if they can still get it. Sometimes through email, other times TDs have you place the order then notify you an amount and method to pay if they can get your watch.

TD websites are often out of date. IDK what Silix site says about payment, but she communicated with me via email as far back as March 2019 that the only payment they accept is Western Union. So all this could have been avoided by making contact before paying. 

Not trying to criticize, I have had a CC compromised also. Most likely mine was leaked in China. My bank shut it down after 2 fraudulent charges exceeding $3K each were made. I had a new card next day overnight express and they wiped the charges. Sadly many of us have to learn some of the rep dealings the hard way.

silix

Hello everyone, sorry we just saw this thread.
First of all, we DON'T accept credit card payment. If you indeed paid, could you please tell me what name you paid to?
Secondly, all of the messages through our website can't be seen except for the orders placed by the customers. So when we get the orders, we always email to the customers who placed the order throught website and tell them if the watches are available or not, if it's available, we will let them know about the amount and how to pay, include our pattern of payment and account information. And after that, all the ordering process will be made via emails. Some of the customers always contact us by email directly before placing the order.
If you all have any question, please feel free to email to [email protected] and we will communicate with you by email.
Thanks a lot!

brang1
On 16/11/2019 at 11:04, The_Proctometrist said:

If you must use a credit card to order you can always get a reloadable one and keep it at a low balance until you buy a watch.  There are many to choose from online.

i agree, this is a good way to go online, i get them from the Post Office all the time to use for online stuff

GingerApple

Oops. Sillix  DON'T accept credit cards!!?! There plot thickens. Any update @DannyT ?

Mr_B

What made you choose Silix anyway? I don't here much about them compared to others? 

Lagger

I used a credit card with a TD ONCE!!

Next thing I was buying stuff all over the world, got the money back from bank, and only ever use PP and WU now

ElvisFreak

waiting for Danny's update:zzz:

NCRich
7 hours ago, Mr_B said:

What made you choose Silix anyway? I don't here much about them compared to others? 

Many, many people order from Silix.  They are one of the oldest TDs, very easy to deal with and have items others don't.  I've ordered many times from them.

Mr_B
40 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Many, many people order from Silix.  They are one of the oldest TDs, very easy to deal with and have items others don't.  I've ordered many times from them.

I've ordered from them once when I was new and  naive, a fair few years ago. I spent the best part of £250 on a Hulk ceramic. I didn't really pay attention to QC but let's just say it wasn't what I paid for, in fact it was far from it. I got burned by them once and as such have never ordered from them again and never will. You live and learn. 

BadApple
8 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Oops. Sillix  DON'T accept credit cards!!?! There plot thickens. Any update @DannyT ?

e8e0671a6935f0adea3c031ec1e0c192.png