Intresting

Patek Nautilus by PPF v2

Intresting

Was shown this.   Case size close to gen.  Thickness is 8.6 vs gen 8.3.    PPF coming to a TD near you.  

2MUqJ.jpg

2MWXP.jpg

2MaxW.jpg

2MmUS.jpg

2MoQQ.jpg

2MqfL.jpg

BadApple

YOU CAN'T SHOW QC PICS ON HERE - TAKE THEM OFF 

Intresting
Just now, BIGandBOLD said:

YOU CAN'T SHOW QC PICS ON HERE - TAKE THEM OFF 

Not QC buddy.  Was a catalogue picture.   If it was QC will  probably have gloves and timegraphs.

BadApple
1 minute ago, Intresting said:

Not QC buddy.  Was a catalogue picture.   If it was QC will  probably have gloves and timegraphs.

Just got up?? Us Brits have a thing called satire - it's nothing to do with a raised chair either.

Intresting
3 minutes ago, BIGandBOLD said:

Just got up?? Us Brits have a thing called satire - it's nothing to do with a raised chair either.

Satire, fratire, sentire,  Michelins or Pirelli or Yokohamas,.... these ain;t QCs. 

BadApple
6 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Satire, fratire, sentire,  Michelins or Pirelli or Yokohamas,.... these ain;t QCs. 

Oh Christ........

Intresting

And they come in other flavours too.     I've never been much of a fan for the Nautilus range though.

2MJFQ.jpg

2McAL.jpg

BadApple

I do like the white - I have contemplated the white PP factory one - it's expensive so I will see what these come out at. 

At the moment I have an IRF Airking on the way which fulfills my requirement for such a type which can be "passed off" unlike a Gen PP being at over $30k 

I would see these as a dress watch especially the rose gold one and my dress watch slot is being filled this week with a PAM519 (one of the last available) 

Intresting

Think the previous White PPF made it to the NWBIG list.   I hear you.  Its one thing affording a 30k PP rep.  You need a 911, or at least a 330i to keep the play going, and they don't make those in rep....
Do they still make the 319?  Its a really nice one.  But won;t the yellow gold, or any  wrapped or plated gold, be quite fragile and rub off easily, especially round the edges?

automatico

Good looking watches.

If a replica Naut this good can be made and sold for a few hundred $$, imagine how much profit there is in a genuine example...a LOT of $$ would be my guess.  Many will say the movement 'cost a fortune to make' but I really doubt it myself, maybe $2000 USD or so (they have a gold winding rotor weight after all), and another $1000 or $1500 for the case, dial, and bracelet.  Oh yeah, add another $200 for the b/p etc.

"You need a 911, or at least a 330i to keep the play going, and they don't make those in rep...."

Like the man said, you will not get busted wearing one of these watches because the watch will not pass muster...you'll get busted because you do not have the 'accessories' that go with them.

Btw...the main problem with high priced swiss watches from the brand owner's perspective is not how much it takes to make them, the problem is convincing suckas to keep buying them.  Imho.    :buttkick:

BadApple
4 hours ago, Intresting said:

Think the previous White PPF made it to the NWBIG list.   I hear you.  Its one thing affording a 30k PP rep.  You need a 911, or at least a 330i to keep the play going, and they don't make those in rep....
Do they still make the 319?  Its a really nice one.  But won;t the yellow gold, or any  wrapped or plated gold, be quite fragile and rub off easily, especially round the edges?

The 519...... not made anymore but I have one coming QC pics received. Not seen one shown on here before...... the movement is something to die for.

https://www.pf-868.com/watches/panerai/radiomir-45mm-1940-chrono/0-0-pn519q01xf-vsf-radiomir-1940-pam-519-q-series-ss-le-black-venus-75-hw.html

Chiquita Fanjita

Always fancied a decent Nautilus and really like the look of these.

GingerApple

I've got the v1 white and it's awesome. That blue dial v2 looks a lot more Gen like than the blue v1.

Are you getting this from a thread next door @Interesting? If so, do you have the link?

NCRich
14 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I've got the v1 white and it's awesome. That blue dial v2 looks a lot more Gen like than the blue v1.

Are you getting this from a thread next door @Interesting? If so, do you have the link?

Yeah, that's a watch the ferret can pull off.

Intresting
4 hours ago, BIGandBOLD said:

The 519...... not made anymore but I have one coming QC pics received. Not seen one shown on here before...... the movement is something to die for.

https://www.pf-868.com/watches/panerai/radiomir-45mm-1940-chrono/0-0-pn519q01xf-vsf-radiomir-1940-pam-519-q-series-ss-le-black-venus-75-hw.html

that is.. stunning.   Do all the functions work?   I read next door that one of the iterations of this rep has wrong small dial hands.   Don't know enough but it looks good.

BadApple
5 minutes ago, Intresting said:

that is.. stunning.   Do all the functions work?   I read next door that one of the iterations of this rep has wrong small dial hands.   Don't know enough but it looks good.

Hands look fine to me. I would very much doubt an issue even if they were TBH. The numbers are not as sharp as the gen. that’s the only thing I’ve spotted. Will do a piccie review when it lands. 

Intresting
3 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

They were taken directly from a non TD thread in WeChat, Chinese version of watsapp.    Not seen any comments next door, or even in next doors TDS  pure and in.  They are normally quite quick in showcasing new arrivals. 

Glaude
18 minutes ago, Intresting said:

They were taken directly from a non TD thread in WeChat, Chinese version of watsapp.    Not seen any comments next door, or even in next doors TDS  pure and in.  They are normally quite quick in showcasing new arrivals. 

You didn't look very closely, there's a whole thread for months (multiples in fact) discussing this PPF v2 release, which is not new at all (and I don't think there's a white V2) ;) 

Intresting
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

You didn't look very closely, there's a whole thread for months (multiples in fact) discussing this PPF v2 release, which is not new at all (and I don't think there's a white V2) ;) 

No I did not.  That's why we have boffin repositories like you. :notworthy:     But yes, the non TD links confirm there is a white face.   Now I see there is even a recent M2M blue faced  sale next door for $470.  

GingerApple
42 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Those places do have them. They were released a while ago now - perhaps a month? There was a thread next door too because I started it - I can't remember what the complaints about the rep were, but there was something 'fatal' according to the OCD types. Personally I think it's gorgeous, though I prefer the  steel version.

GingerApple
26 minutes ago, Glaude said:

He's talking about BadApple's Pam, not the Nautilus. The Pam that BadApple so rudely inserted into this thread. At least I think he is because that's what he quoted :facepalm:

GingerApple

No he wasn't. I need to read it better. I blame BadApple.

Chiquita Fanjita
23 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Those places do have them. They were released a while ago now - perhaps a month? There was a thread next door too because I started it - I can't remember what the complaints about the rep were, but there was something 'fatal' according to the OCD types. Personally I think it's gorgeous, though I prefer the  steel version.

You talking about the nautilus?

GingerApple
27 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

You talking about the nautilus?

:rofl:

I've no idea anymore.

Intresting
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

He's talking about BadApple's Pam, not the Nautilus. The Pam that BadApple so rudely inserted into this thread. At least I think he is because that's what he quoted :facepalm:

:rofl: