jake48

Help w/ DJF GMT BLNR

jake48

So I took a chance on the DJF GMT II BLNR as I wanted a Batman with a Jubilee bracelet and a A2836 so I could have a Swiss ETA 2836 swapped in. The watch came with not only a terrible insert, but the insert was installed crooked so that when the bezel is clicked into place, the hour triangle is off center at the 12 O'clock position. I am hoping someone here has experience with the DJF GMT.

Is the bezel construction on the DJF like Gen or similar to a NOOB or ARF GMT BLNR?

Does anyone know if a NOOB BLNR or aftermarket insert will fit into a DJF GMT BLNR bezel?

Sometimes it's a swing and a home run. Sometimes it's a swing and a miss. Right now I am calling this one a miss :(

Intresting

Hey there. I would say welcome to RWG but you have joined in May 2010, well before me. I am just curious how did you manage to only have just one post all this time?    :)

jake48
19 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Hey there. I would say welcome to RWG but you have joined in May 2010, well before me. I am just curious how did you manage to only have just one post all this time?    :)

Good question.  I have been collecting Gen watches and Reps for over 20 years now.  RWG was the first board I joined about 20 years ago.  If my memory serves me correctly, the old RWG board that I had most of my posts on went down.  There was another short lived board, but I forgot the name.  When RWI went up I spent my time there and then over to RepGeek.  Ultimately, I got more into collecting genuine watches and became more of a lurker on the Rep sites.  I was amazingly blessed and able to collect most of what I would call my Holy Grail Gen watches and stopped collecting watches all together.  Recently, I checked into the Rep sites and the quality of many of the Reps got me interested again. I bought a DJF GMT BLNR, a NOOB V10 Sub and a Ti PAM 389.  I thought that would be it, but here I am trying to chase down parts again on watches I swore to myself would be "good enough".

Some things never change...

Intresting
1 hour ago, jake48 said:

Good question.  I have been collecting Gen watches and Reps for over 20 years now.  RWG was the first board I joined about 20 years ago.  If my memory serves me correctly, the old RWG board that I had most of my posts on went down.  There was another short lived board, but I forgot the name.  When RWI went up I spent my time there and then over to RepGeek.  Ultimately, I got more into collecting genuine watches and became more of a lurker on the Rep sites.  I was amazingly blessed and able to collect most of what I would call my Holy Grail Gen watches and stopped collecting watches all together.  Recently, I checked into the Rep sites and the quality of many of the Reps got me interested again. I bought a DJF GMT BLNR, a NOOB V10 Sub and a Ti PAM 389.  I thought that would be it, but here I am trying to chase down parts again on watches I swore to myself would be "good enough".

Some things never change...

Its a disease without cure....  :D     Wish I can help with the BLNR.  Frankly I am holding out for the ZZFv2  and ARF v3 BLNR if its coming at all.   I am told other factories have bezel issues either fading or "speedbumps" at the 18 and 6 markers joint lines.   Also understand Noob is hard to deal with and their GMT movements are timebombs.  The one to gun for are the SH ones in the ARF and ZZF.

Anyway, GL searching.