ErikRyan515

Newer watch buyer looking for advice on Panerai reps

ErikRyan515

I recently made a purchase of a submariner v10 noob replica and was really happy with it. I’d like to extend the collection with a panerai replica but I’m pretty new to panerai. I’ve had my eye on them for a while. What are some of the best replica I can buy and does anyone have a recommendation on a trusted dealer for this brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFleischer

Most people start with PAM 111. There is a 'new' Noob V5 recently released.

ErikRyan515
Most people start with PAM 111. There is a 'new' Noob V5 recently released.

Thank you I’ll start there. Really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stormtooper4

I think you need to decide a couple of things, size, 42/44/47 then type Luminor Historic or Rad or 1950 or Sub for example and then Auto on Manual. The 111 is a good start but be prepared to have to wind it up 

GenTLe

As @stormtooper4 wrote above, there are many many variants out there. 

Consider your wrist first: a 47mm is BIG, so probably it will look good for wrists starting from 20cm circumference and up. 44 (luminor)/45 (radiomir) are the perfect size  for me (19.5cm wrist).

Then there is the material: out there there is stainless steel, rose gold (plated), ceramic, carbon fiber, titanium, bronze etc... Some of them are also on sale (i.e. https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/136523-xf-pam613-ceramic-140/ or http://www.trb88.club/index.php?route=product/special )

Make up your mind and then you'll decide :)

BravoDelta

I love my VSF Pam 359 from Mary. Here's 44mm on my 7 1/2 inch wrist...

KZlrK.jpg

BadApple

44mm vs. 47mm......

IMG-0242.jpg

tonyh7

PAMs you either love them or hate them, but those who like them like them a lot. They are often very well repped - perhaps a reflection of the fact that the brand itself is a little overpriced given the simplicity of the design and sometimes of the movements too. Panerai does seem to have lost its way a bit with things like the Due watches which are a ridiculous combination of the famous Panerai crown guard on a watch that is 30m water resistant.  But there are so many great reps to choose from - the 111 has already been mentioned and there is also the 127 if you have a big enough wrist to carry it off. The only real problem with PAMs is they are a bit like Pokemon - you find you just have to catch them all, leading to a depleted bank balance and a full watch box. 

GingerApple

Go big or go home! Massive Pams on my tiny 6" wrist.

LuIDD.jpg LuoMY.jpg LuOok.jpg

Edited by TheGingerFerret
Fucking Click Pix, rotating two out of three, stupid cunting shitty wanking wanker!

zulu44gmt

1,2,3 start with those..lol29b034eac51918313b40b1e190326a4b.jpg14b54daed619320540119b81f6876973.jpg90f42342ecdd5c2a8e656e6197712471.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

BravoDelta
On 08/12/2019 at 10:24, TheGingerFerret said:

Go big or go home! Massive Pams on my tiny 6" wrist.

I happen to think they look perfectly fine! :ohwell:

Aa0n1.jpg

judas9r

Pam111 is a great place to start. However, although a stunning rep I wasn't too keen on mine as it's just such a chunk, even at 44mm. Have since found that I find the Radiomir distinctly more wearable, possibly due not having that outrageous crown guard. Maybe just pick up a reasonably priced Homage from Jackson at military time to see if you will ever wear it? You will always be able to flip it here when you decide you want to invest in something special, or if you find the itch has been scratched.

thejudge

Just bought a Noob V5 PAM 111 from Andrew great watch cost me $268 plus the postage. Great way to get into PAMs