Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Best rep submariner recommendation ? Please ?

PeterWorcester

I know I could probably bug Mary, Bk, Robert, Lay and others but I'd like to hear from someone who owns an "Ultimate" or close Submariner, preferably the newest model. Black dial, ceramic correct bezel. Etc.

I'm looking for one with an ETA or COPy ETA Movements but more importantly, to me, are the small details like the etched crown at 6 o'clock, the new manual glide lock clasp, that looks like the DSSD one. The proper lume color and a good lume job, the right cyclops eye magnification, the right Crown and "Dot", an aligned logo etc.

Could someone recommend one, for me, please ?

I'm traveling the next two weeks and only have limited access to the site and such, rather than PM everyone I'd like to hear from someone who owns one with all the little details correct, and preferably not $350 US either.

I understand I'm asking a lot and taking a short cut but I honestly don't have the time to do the proper research and I'd really like ot her from some of you that actually own one.

Please spare me the flames if this is too much to ask, I'm in a rush, and I'd like to hear it from an owner of a GREAT rep who I can get it from and roughly how much.

Thank you all very much in advance, for allowing me this one time short cut. I promise I won't ask this way again. It's just that I'd rather hear it from someone who has one than have to search, just this once

TIA,

Peter

mspangl

All the noobmariners are easy to spot

If I bought a Submariner I'd either buy the Precious Time Supreme version, Bk's modded TWB Sub or a gen :lol:

Luthier

Subs don't have glide locks, like on DSSD. Any Sub above $150 will have etched crown.

I have wrapped TT Sub with Swiss ETA from Mary, and it's the best Sub ever to me.

Being in her office, I inspected her best Sub, and didn't find any obvious flaws, watch was just perfect.

Here it is:

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=3134

You don't have time for BK's Sub, so, you also can try MR and Lay. Or read comparisons on different Subs on forum, plenty of threads about it.

Good luck!

houndoggie
Subs don't have glide locks, like on DSSD. Any Sub above $150 will have etched crown.

I have wrapped TT Sub with Swiss ETA from Mary, and it's the best Sub ever to me.

Being in her office, I inspected her best Sub, and didn't find any obvious flaws, watch was just perfect.

Here it is:

You don't have time for BK's Sub, so, you also can try MR and Lay. Or read comparisons on different Subs on forum, plenty of threads about it.

Good luck!

I had no idea Mary had a website!

Balad1

I just went down the best sub road last month. If you want the best go with BK for $370, I did. Otherwise Mary would be my dealer of choice.

PS: If I remember correctly the current wait for the sub from BK is 30 days+-

PeterWorcester

Here it is:

Good luck!

Thanks Luthier, I meant the fake manual glide lock clasp that you move by easing the pins and sliding into the teeth like the DSSD glide lock. Thanks for the URL though Luth, much appreciated. I usually buy from mary anyway but I haven't had a chance to see one of her sub to know if she has one with all the details correct. I know most everything I've ever gotten from here is top notch so i have no reservations.

Thanks again Luthier,

Peter

Luthier
I had no idea Mary had a website!

:lol:

@Peter - You're very welcome!

PeterWorcester
All the noobmariners are easy to spot

If I bought a Submariner I'd either buy the Precious Time Supreme version, Bk's modded TWB Sub or a gen :lol:

MS,

Where is this Precious Time Supreme ? Is it a company or a version from a company ?

Sorry, that's anew one on me.

Cheers,

Peter

PeterWorcester

Once again thank you Luthier. Are these guys a "TD" I haven't seen them before on any list ? Or did I just space (or as my kids say, "Dad you've had a senior moment") not seeing them.

Thanks Luth, really appreciate you helping me out. I did write Mary and she sent me some pics of a nice looking one saying, "if you want the best look at this one" but it's jumped up to $298, a little more than I wanted to pay frankly. So now I'm really torn. She didn't say whether or not the one in the URL to her site had the etched rolex at 6 o'clock.

Cheers all,

Peter

PeterWorcester

All,

I wanted to thank you all again for the advice. I think I found the solution short of BK's (who is 30 days out to get one)

I contacted Mary and referenced the Sub that Luthier pointed out on her site. She wrote me back that she has a new one that she can source. Claims it's much better and brand new.

Here is the 2nd email exchange with her, bless her heart. She tells me that this is really a genuine ETA 2836-2 movement, It's got Blue Lume, the new DSSD-like fake glide lock clasp (fake meaning it has teeth to adjust but you move the bracelet manually by squeezing the pins), good alignment, the proper date wheel, a 2.5X mag Cyclops and proper alignment on the "dot". Personally I don't know enough to know if the bezel is correct so I'd be interested in any opinions. I trust Mary so if she says this is one of "the best" quality I believe her. I've seen the difference between 316l & 316F steel and even I can see there is a difference, feels tighter and smoother to me, so I hope that stands.

"Hi Peter,

I can 100% sure you there is the rolex crown etching at 6 on the sapphire glass and all your other desires.

The price is $298, this one is the best quality one, with 316F stainless steel, and the others with the 316L stainless steel case, ALL the details are better than others.

if you order it, please let me know, so I can get it out right away.

Thank you!

Regards,

mary"

So I know that these are "QC' / Promo shots, and probably not supposed to post them here but I thought some of you might be interested. Especially if this is a new source and a new model.

She sent me these so I could have a look at what she's going to send me. I'm sure she'll send QC pics any time now too, if they are different I'll post them in the right section. Hopefully I'll get it next week or a day or two into the following week, and I will be back in town for a couple of days so I will get "real" pics up asap. I have learned that Mary is pretty darn trustworthy so I'm really hoping that this is really the watch I've been looking for. Lord knows I've bought enough watches from her, only had one problem and she rectified the day I contacted her.

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

Cheers all, and thanks again for all your input.

Peter