mjpyne

Tc or BP Sub 16610LV Opinions?

mjpyne

Hello All, 

On Sunday I Obtained A Supposed TC Kermit With Gen Bezel Insert, Gen Hands And Gen Crystal with a TC V5 Bracelet off a member called @gareth, However When I Posted the Watch In RWI I have had numerous replies saying it’s not a TC and in fact it’s a BP and I Have been scammed, a member of RWI has asked me to refer @NCRich in the matter, I will post photos below,

https://clickpix.org/image/02eb5d28-9ddc-43d8-b84e-e6455fdae9fe.LUuK1

Edited by mjpyne

Sgt_Njoy

Can you link the original m2m ? 

NCRich

Did they tell you to post a thread before consulting with a moderator?  Because that is most assuredly not how we operate.

We love first posts like this.  You may well have a grievance but this is not the way to go about it and do yourself no favors.

mjpyne
4 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Did they tell you to post a thread before consulting with a moderator?  Because that is most assuredly not how we operate.

We love first posts like this.  You may well have a grievance but this is not the way to go about it and do yourself no favors.

Apologies he told me to consult with a moderator first, however first time on the website I didn’t know how to, please let me know how to and I will delete thread and go the official way 

mjpyne
11 minutes ago, Sgt_Njoy said:

Can you link the original m2m ? 

Hello, I Cannot as I we didn’t make contact on here we went through Facebook it was only after I found out he is a member of RWG 

NCRich

Since the sale was not done through this site and did not follow our procedures the moderators have no role in this.  I'm sorry.

mjpyne

At least could I get some help in identifying it please, thanks 

Intresting

Might I suggest that this should be pinned under the newcomers welcome as a cautionary tale of what not to do. 

black263
1 hour ago, mjpyne said:

Apologies he told me to consult with a moderator first, however first time on the website I didn’t know how to, please let me know how to and I will delete thread and go the official way 

If you don't know the procedure, the sensible approach would be to find out, instead of diving in blind with a post.  This forum exists to provide advice and guidance to members who have done their homework,  but not to help eejits who have fucked up, and then joined in the hope of getting support.  Your story has touched my heart.  Never have I felt so much sadness as your tale invokes in me.  However, as NCRich has said, you can't expect support from the mods.  So, as Lord Sugar might say, "With great sadness, You're Fired."

FoxWilde

Best of luck finding a solution to this, you will not find it here. 

KJ2020
3 hours ago, NCRich said:

Sorry Rich I misunderstood that he bought it here M2M and advised specifically that he PM a moderator here, giving him a couple names. I also never said that I was a mod, which I am not.

Regarding the watch, it is clearly not a TC and I stand by my assessment of it as BP as I have an identical one. I know that's neither here nor there at this point since the sale occurred elsewhere but at least maybe some other members can learn more about model differences and trade pitfalls. 

Cheers bro, KJ

20191204-173450.jpg

15755025108002.jpg

BC1221

Yea... TC would never have released a watch with those hands and that date font... and most of the other flaws on that BP.

I wish BP stuck to their original five digit. They had one of the better ones than most. *sigh. Get a JF. Those are about as close to gen OOB as a 5 digit can be nowdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokerite

As KJ2020 says it is definitely a BP as I had one. Mine was SA3135 and was only £180 from Perfect Clones iirc.

GingerApple

I’m surprised @gareth hasn't responded.  Long time member, some normal involvement in the past, but seemingly now with a case to answer. Yet silence.

He last logged in an hour ago so he's aware of this.....? Gareth....?

mjpyne
39 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

As KJ2020 says it is definitely a BP as I had one. Mine was SA3135 and was only £180 from Perfect Clones iirc.

I have paid £600 for this...

mjpyne
17 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I’m surprised @gareth hasn't responded.  Long time member, some normal involvement in the past, but seemingly now with a case to answer. Yet silence.

He last logged in an hour ago so he's aware of this.....? Gareth....?

I am surprised myself, I drove to his home and met in person and genuinely really liked the man however I think I’ve been stung big time. 

HorFan

Hour hand looks 21j

GingerApple
1 minute ago, mjpyne said:

I am surprised myself, I drove to his home and met in person and genuinely really liked the man however I think I’ve been stung big time. 

Well, that at least leaves a lot of options available.

Rokerite
6 minutes ago, HorFan said:

Hour hand looks 21j

Funnily enough on these the SA3135 had the "fat hour hand" and the 21j had "normal hands". Counter intuitive to what you expect but true. OP can tell what it is by which way the hands move when you set the time.

mjpyne
57 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Funnily enough on these the SA3135 had the "fat hour hand" and the 21j had "normal hands". Counter intuitive to what you expect but true. OP can tell what it is by which way the hands move when you set the time.

When I went to buy it he opened the caseback and showed me the Yuki 3135 movement it looks definitely 3135 however Yuki I don’t know 

Edited by mjpyne

mjpyne
1 hour ago, Rokerite said:

The hands turn clockwise 

Icemix69

Have you tried to contact gareth in private or even call him, coming on here & slating somebody isnt the best way to go about it, in my opinion if you didnt buy it through m2m on rwg then maybe this isnt the place to rectify the issue, i remember gareth talking about spending a lot of money on this watch ages ago & he was lucky to get it returned to him as the modder he used (not on here) vanished with about 15 watches, my omega included, that he had from customers for work, if you fully inspected the watch, why didnt you question your doubts with him while in his house. 

mjpyne
8 minutes ago, Icemix69 said:

Have you tried to contact gareth in private or even call him, coming on here & slating somebody isnt the best way to go about it, in my opinion if you didnt buy it through m2m on rwg then maybe this isnt the place to rectify the issue, i remember gareth talking about spending a lot of money on this watch ages ago & he was lucky to get it returned to him as the modder he used (not on here) vanished with about 15 watches, my omega included, that he had from customers for work, if you fully inspected the watch, why didnt you question your doubts with him while in his house. 

I have been speaking to him on messages, I am sorry to have even raised this as I really liked the man and he is very knowledgeable and I believe everything he said until I posted the watch on RWI and people informed me that isn’t A TC which was described at the time of sale, I don’t understand why I am getting rinsed on this forum for buying a watch from a RWG Member because it wasn’t done through the forum, at the end of the day Gareth is a long serving member, and as for his TC LV I was going through his past forums and in 2017 he is asking a member if he still had his TC LV which Gareth sold him and he says no? I am genuinely confused about the whole situation and I would feel the most horrible person in the world if I have caused an issue over nothing however I’ve had other opinions 

NCRich

This is an inappropriate place to discuss this.  The sale did not take place here, and no one has any details or pictures or anything from the sale itself.  For all anyone here knows, Gareth could be a scammer, Gareth could not have known what his watch was, or mjpyne could be a scammer using pictures from another watch to extort Gareth.

That is why we have a sales forum and rules.  I don't wish to see this played out to its inconclusive end here.  There is no way any of you will ever know what took place because in the end it will be he said, she said.  There is nothing to be gained by discussing this here.  Leave it be or I will lock this thread,

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Gareth could be a scammer,

Do you think that because @gareth didn't reply, in spite of logging in 7 minutes ago?