k4jun

Rep or gen 14060 two-liner?

k4jun

I always liked those rep-gen games, now it is me to host. Enjoy.

ejmGW.jpg
ejipP.jpg
ejaaJ.jpg
ejUVo.jpg
ejqAS.jpg
ejI8Q.jpg
ejO7L.jpg
ejyzR.jpg
ej1Y8.jpg
ej9wK.jpg
ejnVv.jpg
ej8i1.jpg
ejrCj.jpg
ejtG4.jpg

GC

Gen 

Otherwise I need the name of your TD. 

tell: a gen 14060 is .5mm smaller than a 16610 

GingerApple

Gen dial, bezel, insert, hands, crown and crystal.

Yuki movement. Reworked case.

Does that sound impressive?

k4jun

It all sounds super imressive! so impressive I regret to announce that crown and tube are only gen parts:)

GingerApple
47 minutes ago, k4jun said:

It all sounds super imressive! so impressive

Awesome! That’s totally what I was aiming for. I had no idea what parts were what. I don’t think I even really know what a yuki movement is :ohwell:

Nice watch though :thumbsup2:

GC

May I ask how this watch came about? 
As I’ve been trying to replace a stolen 14060, wore it for 11yrs but was stolen 15yrs ago, which was a present for my 18th birthday. 

BadPickle
1 hour ago, k4jun said:

It all sounds super imressive! so impressive I regret to announce that crown and tube are only gen parts:)

What’s the spec of the rest of it?

splke

No idea but it is bloody lovely 

fatarms

I have a feeling this thread is gonna take off, lot of people wanting to build gen spec 14060's over the years.

Stufuse

Don’t just leave it there! I neeeeeed one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoxWilde

Where’s that dial from mate?

Very impressive build!

Stufuse

Is it a BP case? Looks like one, the misshapen CGs and heavy lug chamfer are saying it’s one of their 5 digit cases, i could be wrong

8d483cbf946976cdb6c1097cad7715b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k4jun

No worries guys, I will post the details over a weekend, off on a road now.

k4jun

Evening guys.

Base watch was this https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/7719708-rolex-14060-minifranken-w-insert-issue

It arrived no insert and a bezel was moving freely, without a click.
Bezel had a regular 16610 size and my mate has machined it down, its size still is not 14060 size (39.5mm) but that's it - I am not going to trim it any further as it may damage bezel teeth.

Insert is BP flat four. It does not flush with a bezel as the bezel is not rep/rolex spec. Angle of the bezel is different than angle of the insert, to make a flush I would have to file insert, or bezel, or both, not worth imo.
Case has a hole at 7 o'clock for bezel click spring, but the bezel is like this..

ejjat.jpg

Don't know what this bezel is but it is not rolex spec. It gave me some pain to make it click, but eventually I cut a circular spring to the correct size so now the bezel makes a click and is uniderectional.

Case prob is rep 16610 reshaped by a previous owner, but I do not know the maker.
eNGb8.jpg
eNFTR.jpg

If it had any engravings - they are removed now.
But it is an old case. Not sure is it visible on the photos but case has dings and many swirls so it's been worn a lot.

Watch had a fantasy bracelet, so next I got new one from ebay, it arrived as 70216 bracelet with 455b endlinks, which makes me think this is WSO.
Out of the box it was all brushed, and rather shitty, not very close to gen 93150/501 endlinks. I polished the sides of the bracelet and then sourced in M2M two additional pairs of endlinks so those on the photos are already bend.
Ebay bracelet had sterile clasp and diver extension - no Rolex branding, I bought those rep parts in M2M and swapped them. I rebrushed bracelet, endlinks and clasp with a green pad so all of it has one grid now, but htis bracelet is one big hybrid.
Watch has a regular springbars, no long vintage rolex springbars, and this is bracelets fault. Vintage sprinbars are too fat for the endlinks:/
I stopped working on the watch but tbh these short springbars are pretty big tell now.

Glass is 30mm so it is not 14060 crystal, asian eta inside, dial looks like 16610 size dial (just 14060 layout).

I trust the starting point was one of those 14060 reps which have size of a regular 16610, and someone shave a case, then sold it and someone else lost the bezel, sold it, someone else installed gen crown but kept the bracelet, next someone else has chipped the glass and watch was approaching a waste bin.

k4jun
On 12/12/2019 at 20:57, TheGingerFerret said:

what a yuki movement is :ohwell:

Yuki is pretty much the same what we call SH movement now. There are some minor differences, 1 or 2 parts which I forgot now. Those clone movement, out of the factory have no serial, no engravings, all are sterile. Yuki and SH do have the same rep serial - 5510969.