ZxExN

Advice for a newbie.

ZxExN

I joined 8 years ago when I first got into replicas but unfortunately have not participated much in this forum. I am always impressed with how one can obtain knowledge on extremely difficult and complicated things as rep watches as many of you have. I am at a point where I may need to learn more in order to try and fix my own rep so Id be interested in some advice to speed up my learning curve. How did you guys get smart on what advice would you offer to newbies like.me in order to.avoid similar mistakes when you first started out?

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

GenTLe

If you want to learn more about reps (which to choose, which maybe better to avoid, etc) then it's a matter of reading and reading, especially the parts reserved for newbies where they speak about the movements find in reps. Also on the cousin forum (replica-watch-info aka RWI) there are often more in-depth analysis over specific models and movements that here are more rare, and they offer a better views on them.

Plus there is always the search button. I.E. if you don't know if an SA3135 is good or not, then use it and search.

If instead you want to learn to do small works on your watches, then it is an eveno more difficult task because the tools are A LOT and quite expensive, and the experience is done at expense of destroyed movements (if not watches all together)...

BadApple

bb3373b79eae1b050eb671405990030d.png

ZxExN

Thanks guys. Wish I had learned manually winding the movement is generally avoided for automatic movements. Sigh lesson learned

black263
1 hour ago, ZxExN said:

Thanks guys. Wish I had learned manually winding the movement is generally avoided for automatic movements. Sigh lesson learned

I have to hand wind my automatics all the time, or they stop.  I spend a lot of time on sedentary activities, (and sleeping) and my lifestyle isn't conducive to keeping an automatic wound simply by moving around.  So I need about 12-15 turns a day to maintain the watch reserve.  I'm very careful to wind gently, and in 8 years of reps, I've never had a problem, including with the infamous A7750.