SCShrek

Merry Christmas to me...

SCShrek
2 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

Meh... It does not suit you at all...

Sooooo....PMing you my wife's adress, she will love unexpected gift, perfect size for her wrist!

:)

:)

You got me...what was I thinking???? :ohwell: :rofl:

Glaude

I have to ask, while this is a beautiful watch without a doubt, it must be one of the best repped out there, except if you are crazy for microscopic details of course.

Out of all the choice, why did you decided to pick this one as gen ? 

I precise that this is absolutely not a criticism but a genuine question I have

SCShrek
6 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I have to ask, while this is a beautiful watch without a doubt, it must be one of the best repped out there, except if you are crazy for microscopic details of course.

Out of all the choice, why did you decided to pick this one as gen ? 

I precise that this is absolutely not a criticism but a genuine question I have

Well, I dont know how is in in your neck of Europe, but if you want ANY sports model that's not made of precious metal, you take what you can find. Especially from a smallish city in SC USA. We have exactly 2 Rolex dealers here. The other thing is financial, this particular model holds it's value and appreciates the best from my research and that includes the LV. The LV suffers from a large group of people not liking the vibrant green and the two tones out price a lot of buyers due to the cost of the gold. 

To answer your question, it was available (the first SS sub I had seen this year with my AD) and hopefully a good investment. Soooo, since I dont pretend my reps are gen, I grabbed it before it was gone because it could be a while before I found another affordable gen Rollie....

Glaude
20 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Well, I dont know how is in in your neck of Europe, but if you want ANY sports model that's not made of precious metal, you take what you can find. Especially from a smallish city in SC USA. We have exactly 2 Rolex dealers here. The other thing is financial, this particular model holds it's value and appreciates the best from my research and that includes the LV. The LV suffers from a large group of people not liking the vibrant green and the two tones out price a lot of buyers due to the cost of the gold. 

To answer your question, it was available (the first SS sub I had seen this year with my AD) and hopefully a good investment. Soooo, since I dont pretend my reps are gen, I grabbed it before it was gone because it could be a while before I found another affordable gen Rollie....

Thanks for this explanation, make sense indeed !

It's probably more or less the same in my area, I've never seen any sport SS model in the front of the shop in both the AD in my city.

If were able to choose any model that you could afford (or willing to spend the money in) what would have been your choice (with the assumption that they were all available) ?

If I get you right, you don't want it to loose it's value, but that's not to say that you plan on reselling it, it's just extra comforting to know that the money isn't "wasted" ?

SCShrek
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Thanks for this explanation, make sense indeed !

It's probably more or less the same in my area, I've never seen any sport SS model in the front of the shop in both the AD in my city.

If were able to choose any model that you could afford (or willing to spend the money in) what would have been your choice (with the assumption that they were all available) ?

If I get you right, you don't want it to loose it's value, but that's not to say that you plan on reselling it, it's just extra comforting to know that the money isn't "wasted" ?

I love the GMT's so I would  definitely pull the trigger on a GMT Master II stainless jubi, pepsi or batman but I have never seen one in the wild so far. That being said, I would much rather have a gen 6542 with bakelite (my grail of Rolex watches) but I'll have to settle for a viet rendition of it.

Over all grail watch is the completely unattainable 25th Ann ALS Grand Lange 1 (https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/timepieces/grand-lange-1/grand-lange-1-25th-anniversary-117066)

And you are correct, most things I buy, I want to make sure of the value of the item and not just the "want" factor even with items that WILL devalue over time like my daily driver...hence the reason I drive a Honda. Had both a Beemer and a Mercedes and the money that had to be poured into them just to get around wasnt worth it. I think servicing those vehicles in Europe are probably cheaper than in the states...lets hope so. 

Looking for the value in something has nothing to do with turning a profit with me amd I am not planning on reselling it. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that something I just unboxed didnt automatically lose 1/3 of its value...

Realism

Send your buddy some props...

He saved you a good one

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

NFleischer

Congrats on a great pick up. Never can go wrong with a Submariner. I'm amazed that you can not get any SS models nowadays. Even Gray market sites like Jomashop are selling 30-40% 

ABOVE list prices.

Intresting
On 21/12/2019 at 01:10, SCShrek said:

Not too bad size wise as 40mm is pretty much the min for me. I actually had the downsize the glide lock to get it to fit.

I'll let you decide:

5o04k.jpg

Is that your ARF you are wearing. Or the gen?  :rofl:

SCShrek
Just now, Intresting said:

Is that your ARF you are wearing. Or the gen?  :rofl:

Either way...WOOF! ;)

Intresting
5 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Either way...WOOF! ;)

I believe the persona largely carries a watch,  gen or rep. :clap:  You be ok brother!

Junior88

Bought yourself a gen sub. 

Fucker. 

SCShrek
32 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

Bought yourself a gen sub. 

Fucker. 

That says it all...yep, you nailed it! :rofl:

• Like 1

Junior88

Congratulations man. Wear it in the best of health. 

When you realize it clashes with your green complexion, I'll send you my address. :rofl: