dchow123

Trusty Time

dchow123

Hello.  I am new to the rep world.  I went on this site and looked for a trusted dealer.  I found trustytime02.cc.  I went to that site and tried to place the order.  However my card was declined.  I received an email from them asking me to pay through Paypal.  Now they won't respond.  Is this trustytime02.cc a reputable site?

Mike R
3 minutes ago, dchow123 said:

trustytime02.cc a reputable site?

Yes they are however you must pay by means that they will accept. 

I haven’t dealt with them in a while but I think they except bitcoin, Western Union and I guess PayPal if that’s what they said to you. Just email them again and ask them to walk you through the payment process. May be difficult as there is a language barrier but if you’re patient I’m sure you can get through it.

dchow123

I’m just nervous. Who is trustytime.me then?

Intresting
3 minutes ago, dchow123 said:

If you are nervous.  Don't buy.   Don't spend your hard earned money if you are uncertain.   
Secondly, as this is your first few posts, have you read through the newcomers and noobs section before you ask questions?   You may find most your of your answers there.  

RussP
56 minutes ago, dchow123 said:

Always stick to the web address detailed on THIS site under the Trusted Dealers Section.

The correct email for TT is http://www.trustytime02.cc/

Mike R
25 minutes ago, RussP said:

Always stick to the web address detailed on THIS site under the Trusted Dealers Section.

The correct email for TT is http://www.trustytime02.cc/

Good catch Russ, I missed the last / after cc

So he must’ve been on a fake site of the real site that sells fake stuff, LOL

Intresting

OP would have found this out reading through the whole welcome noob package. 

BadApple
2 hours ago, dchow123 said:

This is a scam site. Please use the links for Trusty in our Trusted Dealer section on here or use RussP link above. Also seems strange PayPal is being suggested as that is normally only offered for frequent return customers. 

Restart your experience. Use the link above and you will be fine. You may have dodged a bullet. 

Mike R
19 minutes ago, BadApple said:

This is a scam site. Please use the links for Trusty in our Trusted Dealer section on here or use RussP link above. Also seems strange PayPal is being suggested as that is normally only offered for frequent return customers. 

Restart your experience. Use the link above and you will be fine. You may have dodged a bullet. 

Welcome back, good to see you roaming the halls of this madhouse. :ban1:  :christmas4:

Intresting
20 minutes ago, BadApple said:

WELCOME BACK

dchow123

I did use the link from this site. Www.trustytime02.cc was the link I clicked on this site. 

GenTLe
7 minutes ago, dchow123 said:

I did use the link from this site. Www.trustytime02.cc was the link I clicked on this site. 

So you should be fine. BUT, read the new member section. You'll avoid things like:

- trying to purchase a watch that is not produced anymore (even if it's on display in the dealer site: it happens quite often to newbies), which will end up you paying it and then they telling you "sorry, out of stock, select something else".

- be scared because TTime will send you a PayPal invoice for another company with a fake order like "20 watch screwdrivers" or so (this is what they normally do, nothing to be scared about).

- buying a crappy "swiss movement" or an unreliable one

etc.

RussP
9 minutes ago, dchow123 said:

Then you should be fine.

Andrew will reply to your email.

I've corresponded with him twice, earlier today.

All the very best with your first purchase.

dchow123
1 hour ago, RussP said:

Then you should be fine.

Andrew will reply to your email.

I've corresponded with him twice, earlier today.

All the very best with your first purchase.

Thank you.  Andrew seems to be responding to me now.  I feel a little better after reading everyone's comments.  I did read the section for first timers before but I'll go back and read it again more thoroughly.  Thank you everyone.  Perhaps I'll post some pics of my watch when I get it.  Fingers crossed.

Mike R
6 hours ago, dchow123 said:

Are you sure?

I looked in the RWG trusted dealers section and the website address there has one extra slash on the end

like this.      Www.trustytime02.cc/

Barabbas

Just to add an addition level of comfort to you...

I ordered from Trusty for the first time recently. My CC was rejected too. I needed to try another on and now everything is working fine.

some banks have higher security levels than others. There’s something about the TrustyTime site that my (And yours obviously) go to bank doesn’t like.