Steve53

Daytona 116506 Ice Blue, some photos

Steve53

So I bought this Daytona 116506 Ice Blue, from forum member @codystern.  The m2m deal went very well, I paid and he shipped the watch well packaged. I am very pleased with the watch. Just wanted to share the following pictures with the forum.

5rBGK.jpg

Can some of you Rolex experts tell differences from genuine? I have never seen a genuine one, so I am curious.

5rBGK.jpg

5rTz4.jpg

Pretty much a classic Rolex case shape.

5rdkc.jpg

5rkVX.jpg

5r4ii.jpg

Comfort link closed.

5rMpb.jpg

Comfort link open. It is a really neat feature. I like it.

5rsGp.jpg

Lume is really good. It is plenty readable after four hours in the dark.

5rvL5.jpg

5r78F.jpg

A 7750. Maybe I am crazy but (using a magnifying glass) I love looking at, and study watch movements. I have great admiration for the people who makes these tiny parts. And in the end, it all works.

5rE7t.jpg

As received the watch was running about 13 seconds fast and had a beat error of  0.3  which are pretty good numbers. A couple of years ago, a timegrapher was purchased so I could not resist trying to improve. It looks pretty much perfect in this photo. However, the picture is a little bit deceiving. After three days of normal wear, a new timegrapher reading showed 0.2 beat error and running 5 seconds fast. Good enough for me. After all, I paid less than $300 for the watch. A genuine one cost how much, $20.000 ?

5rR32.jpg

And the final wrist shot. At 40mm it feels very comfortable on the wrist. The watch is a keeper.

nunu78

Nice watch, wear in health

NCRich

Its a pretty thing.  I would not worry about what isn't right about it.  There is a lot right and there always something wrong.

SCShrek

Bubba, that’s a $60,000 Gen watch since that ice dial with the brown bezel only comes in all platinum in the real Rolex world. Wear it like you own it! Lol

• Like 1

Mike R

I remember seeing this on Instagram.

Went back to look at it at least three times

Beautiful watch,  don’t worry about what’s wrong and right, just enjoy 

GL

codystern

That is a beautiful watch for sure.  I wish that it was made in a 44 or a 45 similar to a DSSD.

Steve53
4 hours ago, SCShrek said:

Bubba, that’s a $60,000 Gen watch since that ice dial with the brown bezel only comes in all platinum in the real Rolex world. Wear it like you own it! Lol

Original poster here. $60.000 really?  Sometimes I wonder if the world has gone raving mad :D. It is just a watch, for heavens sake. Walking around with a 60 grand watch on the wrist. Man, that is nuts. But like my grandpa used to say:"It takes all kinds".

Intresting
1 minute ago, Steve53 said:

Original poster here. $60.000 really?  Sometimes I wonder if the world has gone raving mad :D. It is just a watch, for heavens sake. Walking around with a 60 grand watch on the wrist. Man, that is nuts. But like my grandpa used to say:"It takes all kinds".

Have a look at prices of a Patek Tourbillon :D

Steve53
8 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Have a look at prices of a Patek Tourbillon :D

OP again. I have no idea. Please, someone on this forum, enlighten me. Price of a Patek Tourbillion? Would love to know.

Mike R
6 minutes ago, Steve53 said:

OP again. I have no idea. Please, someone on this forum, enlighten me. Price of a Patek Tourbillion? Would love to know.

Sounds like a question for Google .:ohwell:

Intresting
Just now, Mike R said:

Sounds like a question for Google .:ohwell:

:clap:

sharkman07

How accurate is the thickness? Only ARF or Noob seem to have that right with working or semi working ARF chronos.

Popperini
5 hours ago, sharkman07 said:
How accurate is the thickness? Only ARF or Noob seem to have that right with working or semi working ARF chronos.

Only Noob has it close to right with their 4130 clone movement - this makes their latest Daytonas the best dimensionally. ARF have a deco plate fitted to their faux 4130 (actually a 7750), which means the caseback has to be deeper.

I had the same ARF Platona, and it is a lovely piece - but it never got wrist time because I prefer my white or black dial versions, so I sold it recently.

Some cheap reps with permanently running chrono second hand are also close to gen thickness. I also had a Platona version of these cheapies and it was rather nice too, but I gave it away as an Xmas gift.

I’m sticking with the monochrome Daytonas, even though they represent the cheaper models... heh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Popperini

Group shot (taken before I got my Franken 116500)...859ee1d335921632356a5adc38c71704.jpg

Stufuse

Daytona mad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Popperini
4 minutes ago, Stufuse said:

Daytona mad!

I prefer Subs... :D

• Like 1

BravoDelta
On 22/12/2019 at 01:23, Steve53 said:

But like my grandpa used to say:"It takes all kinds

Hey...I say that :oldman:

sharkman07
1 hour ago, n0bby said:

Only Noob has it close to right with their 4130 clone movement - this makes their latest Daytonas the best dimensionally. ARF have a deco plate fitted to their faux 4130 (actually a 7750), which means the caseback has to be deeper.

I had the same ARF Platona, and it is a lovely piece - but it never got wrist time because I prefer my white or black dial versions, so I sold it recently.

Some cheap reps with permanently running chrono second hand are also close to gen thickness. I also had a Platona version of these cheapies and it was rather nice too, but I gave it away as an Xmas gift.

I’m sticking with the monochrome Daytonas, even though they represent the cheaper models... heh

Good choice, same here. It's hard to pull off a Platona!

• Like 1

mcgyver05

match the blue the gen.?

Wires
11 minutes ago, mcgyver05 said:

match the blue the gen.?

Does anybody actually speak like that?