tribefan

The first dozen....Updated with lots of pics!

tribefan

The first, because yes there are more on the way.....

It turns out it's as much of a task finding good watch boxes as it is the reps themselves. This box was a fantastic ebay find and I was able to fill it up when it arrived. There is one not pictured that is waiting on a DG2813 transplant, we'll see if it makes it through surgery.

I took the opportunity to tally up the bill and the average cost is $150.40. All of these have come through M2M or the gate. Hopefully a couple of TD purchases will be joining them soon.

UO4Ib.md.jpg

UOT2I.md.jpg

The ones that get the most wear:

Omega Seamaster's grey and black - Love both of those, go with anything, hefty watches on the wrist.

Tudor snowflake - Love this one too. Goes great with a pair of jeans, or a nice blue Eton shirt. The blue on this is a real eye catcher in person.

Rose gold UN Blue Surf - That is a wild watch, love it, looks great in person and always gets comments. Don't wear that one to work, tho.

The other notables:

The Glashutte has a really nice supple band. Wore that one for the family Xmas, went really nice with a dress shirt and jeans.

The Spectre is not a great rep, case is way off, back is completely wrong, but it was $45 and is now the one I give my youngest son who has never met anything he couldn't break. I need to keep him away from the 1963.

The Blancpain is a super dress watch, crown is really stiff though so I use that sparingly, plus it has a lot of adjustments to make to get everything in synch.

The Black surf has an ETA and is one of kind. Great watch but not one that gets a lot of wear.

The Santos will probably go on a great deal in M2M. I really like the Santos line, but the XL is just way too big for me.

Overall, I accomplished what I wanted in these. I didn't spend a pile of money chasing gen perfection. I tried out a bunch of different styles, added some keepers, had to deal with some newbie issues and learned a lot. Through the forums got to meet a lot of cool folks as well, received plenty of advice and all of my M2M deals went smooth as silk. Part of that learning curve is what to stay away from, and I have some pretty developed thoughts on that as well, which is good. I could have made some really expensive mistakes.

It will be interesting to see what this looks like a few months from now, pretty different I'll bet.

Cheers!

• Like 1

NCRich

I really like a UN surf.  I also like the white diver UN.  Tudor snowflake is a great watch too.

Do you know what kind of ETA the black surf has in it?  I don't know what ETA has the power reserve and sec timer on it.  Love to see it if you've had the back off.

Like the Glashutte and the Chinese chrono too.

tribefan

Every picture tells a story, don't it?

So things have evolved a bit since this initial post. Box 1, the dress box:

tATs5.jpg

1. Glashutte Regulator - Still haven't figured out what this is, must be a fantasy model.

tASXP.jpg

2. SUG Quartz GMT - This is an old eBay find by wifey. I thought it was hosed, but it turns out I just didn't know how a GMT worked. Now it's great! Cool bracelet too.

tLd6R.jpg

3. VC Regulator - This has made some rounds on RWG and I am it's current acting guardian.

tA0xW.jpg

4. Louis Bolle, Nero'd up - This watch means a lot to me. I'm wearing it today for the first time in a little while. The Nero band is so simple yet elegant.

tLkv8.jpg

5. My wedding watch, an Accutron - Wifey wanted me to get a Rolex, but we bought a condo instead. True story.

6. Glashutte 60's - Really love this watch. Simple and classy.

tAxUS.jpg

7. Parnis IWC Homage - Won this baby, woohoo! Thanks @rikracy I never win anything. This is a really stunning watch in person and the movement is gorgeous.

tAJQQ.jpg

8. Seiko Pressage Cocktail Time - @cvp3 can take some credit for this one. I sought his tutelage on how to get a deal on one these and he preached patience. I think he said "this is a $300 watch all day long. I waited weeks and weeks and jumped on eBay coupon and cash back deal. $300.19 delivered.

tAVfL.jpg

9. Blancpain Villeret - Killer formal watch, tough wind though. If there is a watch in my batch I would consider upgrading, this would be it. The version with the lug paddles would be sweet.

tAghR.jpg

10. Breguet faux Tourbillon - Hated this watch when I first got it, so uncomfortable it was unwearable. $25 black python ziczac M2M strap on RWI changed all that. One of these days I'll match this up with my Tux.

tLDn8.jpg

Box 2, The cool watchez box:

tAP9p.jpg

1. Radiomir Blue Seal - My favorite watch. Love this one. Stunning dial, great case, comfortable.

tLZuK.jpg

2. PAM Submersible faux Carbo - Unbelievable deal watch. $120 on an M2M deal. Super heavy 176 grams with a rubber strap.

tLzZv.jpg

3. PAM Bronzo - Another great deal. Serviced 7750 with a beautiful patina on M2M for $300. I added the USSR canvas strap for another $60.

tL3I1.jpg

4. PAM Starry night - My first build. It will be worth a fortune someday, just like my expired stock options.

tL2WI.jpg

5. UN Maxi Blue Surf Rose Gold - My gig watch. I wear this playing out. Hasn't seen much action in a while.

tLAQc.jpg

6. UN Maxi Blue Dimple - This one has never been worn, rubber band is still uncut.

tLLfX.jpg

7. S. Coifman Quartz Panda - When you're bored, new and stupid, you end up with a $39 watch like this. The band is nice and comfy so it's currently on the Parnis until the Nero comes in.

tL52i.jpg

8. Go Tribe! Awesome $40 watch.

9. Aragon Divemaster II LE - $144. Love this one, wear it quite a bit. I've been on Aragon's website at least 278 times since I bought this one and haven't found one I like better yet. Except maybe the bronze kickstarter they have going with the meteorite dial. But that's not happening at $690.

tLWup.jpg

10. Seagull 1963 - $10 eBay bracelet completely changes this watch. Thanks @NCRich

tLij5.jpg
Box 3, the subs:

tAdDF.jpg

1. Omega VSF 300M Diver - NWBIG, for sure. Classy piece for any occasion. Jeans to suit, it works.

tLmIF.jpg

2. Tudor 7928 - The first in a series of @NCRich watches. How to build a vintage without breaking the bank. DHG base, raffles dial and a lotta, lotta Rich magic. Movement is a little quirky, but it wears great. Going to upgrade the bracelet to a rivet style.

tLodt.jpg

3. Tudor Black Snowflake - Another Rich work of art. I've looked at this through magnification IRL, and the lume is straight as an arrow. $52 Ali base.

tLqJ2.jpg

4. Tudor Blue Snowflake - $150 M2M deal, tiger base, raffles dial, currently has a Nero chocolate rolex that gets rotated around to my 20MM watches.

tLYln.jpg

5. Tudor BB58 - Movement in this is fantastic. Winds like a charm 44+ PR. Just ordered a nato for this that I think is going to look sharp.

tLyF3.jpg

6.Tudor Blue Bronze Bucherer - My only other NWBIG. On the outside this piece has it all. Inside it needs a new engine. On the hunt to address that.

tL92s.jpg

7. Omega 300M Diver, non wave - My first rep. Doesn't get as much wear time because of the VSF, but it's still a great watch. PO bracelet on an M2M from @mclarendude, has some serious weight to it.

tLn6Y.jpg

8. Rolex 5513 - Snagged this one from @SCShrek. Exquisite bezel aging on this by NCRich.

teK3D.jpg

9. Rolex DRSD - This one rounds out the NCRich collection. Just your basic fabulous jkf vintage mod, minus the $400 brushed bracelet. :) (Sorry man, couldn't resist.)

tLtOo.jpg

10. Rolex Ice Blue Daytona - You're everyday run of the mill $60, $60,000 watch.

tLQJP.jpg

11. Rolex U1 Smurf - Had a black one of these and sold it because it wasn't going to muscle any time away from the NCRich vintage collection.

tLpaW.jpg

12. Rolex U1 Hulk - Because everyone needs a Hulk, right?

tLClS.jpg

There's actually a few more in overflow with my sons or waiting for something, but when I get up in the morning, grab some coffee and walk over, these are the boxes I choose from. So far haven't found a day yet where it wasn't a tough choice. They all have their stories.

• Like 6

paccbet

Lovely collection, thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

Bbsee

Wonderful collection @tribefan - always nice to see people's collection for inspiration on new avenues to take (watch styles).

Loved the blue Tudor.

• Like 1

gooner2826

Cracking read. Cheers for sharing my man 

BravoDelta

Very nice collection @tribefan. I recognize a lot of these. Thanks for taking the time to share them all in one place. :thumbsup: But I think you might need some "more blue watchez".  :lol:

• Like 1

NCRich

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

RussP

Touching read.

Thanks for sharing your collection with the forum.

Your wedding Accurtron seems to have vanished from the wristie post however............................

• Like 1

mclarendude

Lovely,@tribefan.

If you ever want to sell me back the bracelet, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SCShrek

I...want...a...lot...of...your...watches..

just sayin ;) :lol:

• Like 1

Sigg

Thanks for sharing, that’s some fantastic watches you have accumulated. Always quite inspiring this section.

That DRSD is just style and class. Can I ask what the story is behind that one?

Simonix

Lovely collection!

Apart from a few reps many years ago, I have only really started "collecting" them this year. Along with two gens,  I am already at 15 pieces, with a further 4 in the post!!

I can see this is going to become an obsession!