billywhiz

Sooooo...... Who did make the best Sub afterall ?

billywhiz

:)

Realism

Rolex.com

Edited by Realism
  • Like 1

rikracy

Here we go again!!

deju
4 minutes ago, Realism said:

Rolex.com

Rolex did try but too many flaws, not good out the box 

solkryssare

TC did. But TC is out of the rep game.

• Like 1

GingerApple
27 minutes ago, billywhiz said:

:)

16 posts in 11 years and this is one of them!!?! Lol!

billywhiz
8 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

16 posts in 11 years and this is one of them!!?! Lol!

Lol

Keep quite in the background me. Pop in and out every few years or 5 - OG member tho' , cc before that and V1 before that.

Well after all these years I thought one of the factories would have nailed it - remembering a while back that the BK subs were sought after but these were after modded.

2005/6 Trusty Andrew noobs were close too if I remember.  

Was that the best pre ceramic ? 

splke
6 minutes ago, billywhiz said:

Lol

Keep quite in the background me. Pop in and out every few years or 5 - OG member tho' , cc before that and V1 before that.

Well after all these years I thought one of the factories would have nailed it - remembering a while back that the BK subs were sought after but these were after modded.

2005/6 Trusty Andrew noobs were close too if I remember.  

Was that the best pre ceramic ? 

ZZF 6 digit is the best i have clapped eyes on

JF 5 digit is superb but if you can get a TC 2nd hand in good nick at the right price then do so

• Like 2

GingerApple

Arguably ZZF or Noob v10 for the best ceramic, still TC the best for five digit, though he's no longer in  the rep game.

• Like 2

RepGuy

R-Factory. Hard to source compared to other factories, and slightly more expensive than you would spend on a Noob or ZZF, but definitely worth it if you want a true 1:1 watch.

• Like 1

CollieWobbles

^^^This!!!

• Like 1

Rx4Time

agreed....R factory.  accept no substitutes!  

• Like 1

Flinnt

Block 3 Virginia Class is apparently very good. 
Pro tip: get in and screw down the crown before diving. 

0206-D6-C2-38-C1-42-CD-8-D22-EFCB0362-FC

• Like 1

black263

It used to be really simple.  Regmariner best bang for buck, latest Noob for best out of the box, but double the price, BK, for best modded Noob, but again a bit more, and TC was top of the pile.  Nowadays, every man and his dog seems to have a factory turning out "best " subs, and I have no idea what is the current pecking order, although I assume that for the price point, the Regmariner still rules.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to matter which you buy.  The vast unwashed will automatically assume that every Rolex is fake  even those from the R-Factory.

• Like 4

Popperini

smoke's review of the new ZZF offering does indicate that theirs is currently a strong contender for best OTB rep. I've got a Noob V9 and to me it seems "good enough". Then again, my Noob V2 Hulk also seems "good enough", which probably just proves I'm not that hard to please. 

Realism
1 hour ago, black263 said:

The vast unwashed will automatically assume that every Rolex is fake  even those from the R-Factory.

This is quite untrue in the current environment... People had been mugged and/or died for their Rolexes/PPs/APs...

Thanks or no Thanks to the IG... Joe Public is getting smarter by the day...

True story, a home nearby got burgled, owner had a broken gen Rollie along with a rep in the safe... The burglar took the broken gen and left the rep alone...

Popperini
1 minute ago, Realism said:

This is quite untrue in the current environment... People had been mugged and/or died for their Rolexes/PPs/APs...Thanks or no Thanks to the IG... Joe Public is getting smarter by the day... True story, a home nearby got burgled, owner had a broken gen Rollie along with a rep in the safe... The burglar took the broken gen and left the rep alone...

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread - but I'm a bit bemused as to the point of your off-topic contribution. I have no idea what an "IG" is, but you seem to be mashing together a small set of stories/assumptions and coming up with quite a strange view of the world.

Realism
1 minute ago, n0bby said:

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread - but I'm a bit bemused as to the point of your off-topic contribution. I have no idea what an "IG" is, but you seem to be mashing together a small set of stories/assumptions and coming up with quite a strange view of the world.

1.) Ask yourself how you did not even know what IG is...

2.) How is it that replica sales grew along with the demand for gray market ROLEX, PP, AP

3.) Back when i started this game ... Yes ive been here loooong... One doesnt have to beg an AD to sell you any STEEL Rolex, AP,  PP. Minimal discounts were given out to new clients... Now...??? Good luck to you...

4.) Back to 2.) and 3.) Who are these new buyers if they arent joe public?

Popperini
2 hours ago, Realism said:

1.) Ask yourself how you did not even know what IG is...

2.) How is it that replica sales grew along with the demand for gray market ROLEX, PP, AP

3.) Back when i started this game ... Yes ive been here loooong... One doesnt have to beg an AD to sell you any STEEL Rolex, AP,  PP. Minimal discounts were given out to new clients... Now...??? Good luck to you...

4.) Back to 2.) and 3.) Who are these new buyers if they arent joe public?

Well, I took a few minutes to think about it, and...

1) I'm guessing that IG is this thing called "Instagram".

2) I'm old, you'll have to forgive me.

I still don't really understand what you're going on about, but hey, back to 2).

Anyway, that's it from me. I don't want to derail the thread any more, or get into arguments with rep veterans.

black263
28 minutes ago, n0bby said:

Well, I took a few minutes to think about it, and...

1) I'm guessing that IG is this thing called "Instagram".

2) I'm old, you'll have to forgive me.

I still don't really understand what you're going on about, but hey, back to 2).

Anyway, that's it from me. I don't want to derail the thread any more, or get into arguments with rep veterans.

Old?  Get in the bloody queue kiddie.  By the way, I have no idea what IG means either, but , to be fair I have heard about instagram. Bit like sending a combined fax and telegram. 

• Like 1

tribefan

It amazes me how fast these things go for top dollar on RWI, doesn't matter the flavor/factory. Post a 116610 and it's usually sold in PM before sales approval. Seems everybody, their brothers and dogs are chasing these.

• Like 1

thejudge

Surely the best sub is Russian with a Scottish Captain.

Also the burglar story doesn't make sense why would  a burglar finding two Rolexes in safe leave one? (unless he was a member of this site :drevil:)

Flinnt
20 minutes ago, thejudge said:

why would  a burglar finding two Rolexes in safe leave one? (unless he was a member of this site :drevil:)

It was a shitty gate one...oops, forget I said that. Nothing to see here. 

FoxWilde
23 hours ago, Flinnt said:

Block 3 Virginia Class is apparently very good. 
Pro tip: get in and screw down the crown before diving. 

0206-D6-C2-38-C1-42-CD-8-D22-EFCB0362-FC

Seawolf class for me. Virginia a bit too big on the wrist. :)

• Like 1

Mike R
3 hours ago, thejudge said:

Surely the best sub is Russian with a Scottish Captain.

Also the burglar story doesn't make sense why would  a burglar finding two Rolexes in safe leave one? (unless he was a member of this site :drevil:)

I don’t know all the details but

1 burglar  was able to get in the safe   

2 burglar knew which watch to take

From an investigator’s point of view  it would  make more sense that the burglar likely knew the homeowner, inside job

Time to take a closer look at the homeowner finances and friends

Just sayen, :loser:

• Like 1