Psssniper

Bracelet surgery so the B&R will fit

Psssniper

Moved this from another section of RWG as it seems to fit better here:

So found a Bell & Ross BR03-93 GMT M2M over at RWI that originally was from Loco Louie. Nice watch and my first B&R.  As usual, with just about any watch that I get, the band did not fit. I put it on an old NATO, that was in the box of straps and bracelets that we all seem to have laying around.  Now I could flash that shiny new watch around and impress my friends... none of whom have ever noticed what watch I have on but what the heck, I gotta try.

While searching Ebay for a 17.5mm vintage bracelet that I could steal links off for my Accutron Astronaut bracelet, which of course is too short, I found a 24mm coffin bracelet supposedly from the 70's, then I found another one and they were cheap, under$40 each. Thought that maybe I could steal some links and make one that would fit me so I bought them both and did the surgery. Less that $80 and now I have a neat vintage coffin bracelet for the B&R!

All said and done I'm happy with the result. As for the Accutron, it's still on a NATO. The 17.5mm lug width seems to be a cost multiplier that makes old vintage bracelets worth 17.5 times what any other size sells for. I'm still searching and may resort to a clasp extender from esslingers until a suitable solution arises.

B&R on the NATO

W78Pi.md.png

The two 24mm Coffin link supposed 70's vintage bracelets

a2QHo.md.jpg

The Surgery

a28eY.md.jpg
a2nSs.md.jpg

The finished product

a2d0L.md.jpg
a2p4P.md.jpg
a2tEk.md.jpg
a2rtD.md.jpg