FW2

VC Patrimony Calatrava (KZF)

FW2

Hi everyone, has any of you one of these? Would like to hear or see how they look in real life. Looking for the ss one but open to change my mind...

Mendes458

I think either your confused or I'm confused because Calatrava is Patek

It's like saying can I have a Rolex Daytona Big Bang

GenTLe
1 hour ago, Mendes458 said:

I think either your confused or I'm confused because Calatrava is Patek

Nope, Calatrava is a design (from Calatrava), and it's spread between different brands.

maxresdefault.jpglich-su-thuong-hieu-seiko-27-jpg-1561170gm383-omega-seamaster-30-gold-plated-1.j

FW2

GenTle is right, TDs sell that VC calling it exactly Calatrava

semperfi55
On 13/01/2020 at 18:44, GenTLe said:

Nope, Calatrava is a design (from Calatrava), and it's spread between different brands.

maxresdefault.jpglich-su-thuong-hieu-seiko-27-jpg-1561170gm383-omega-seamaster-30-gold-plated-1.j

Huh I didn’t know that. I also thought OP was confused too!

They could have just called it simple-no-frills-dress-watch-style. But I guess Calatrava works too ;) 

BadApple

FW2
On 15/01/2020 at 20:53, BadApple said:

This one has an interesting thickness but it's an open caseback, and that's a thing i don't like...any of you can suggest a dressy watch with that thickness (7-9 mm) with closed caseback? Jlc mut and patek Calatrava are really nice but they're all open. 

GenTLe
On 17/01/2020 at 12:07, FW2 said:

This one has an interesting thickness but it's an open caseback, and that's a thing i don't like...any of you can suggest a dressy watch with that thickness (7-9 mm) with closed caseback? Jlc mut and patek Calatrava are really nice but they're all open. 

Patek 5227. It has a "secretly" openable caseback which normally is closed. The rep has it too. 

Pic of the gen:

Patek-Philippe-5227-5.jpg 

When it's not open it is like this (pic of the rep):

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-Solid-Case-Back

And the watch itself is gorgeous:

Sophisticated-39mm-case-Patek-Philippe-C

FW2

Thanks guys i will check both, even if i see the second one has open caseback. First time i see a rep with micro-rotor to be honest.

FW2

Ok, the 5227 seems a really good rep. The gen has a price above the stars, so i'll go for the rep ahaha. The 5120 has a problem because it's too thicker, that's a lot of difference from the gen.

Bertus15

I don't think I've been able to find a rep dress watch thinner than 9mm. If someone has any ideas please chime in.

thejudge

Bought a ZF 5227 just before Xmas very nice watch and I have tried a couple of Gens, only thing I have noticed is there is no engraving on the inside of the caseback (but not all gens seem to have this either) and it maybe a smidge 1mm thicker. 

Intresting
49 minutes ago, Bertus15 said:

I don't think I've been able to find a rep dress watch thinner than 9mm. If someone has any ideas please chime in.

Think 3KF will have 8.2-8.8 mm iterations of PP after CNY.   

FW2
15 hours ago, thejudge said:

Bought a ZF 5227 just before Xmas very nice watch and I have tried a couple of Gens, only thing I have noticed is there is no engraving on the inside of the caseback (but not all gens seem to have this either) and it maybe a smidge 1mm thicker. 

Yes, exactly. But it's very well made.

Abe Fromen

That JLC calatrava tho... :wub: